South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #1  
Always Learning

Height: 5'5"

Default Getting back into it, getting back on phase 1. Any tips?

Hello Everyone,

It has been ages. AGES. I don't even recognize a lot of the sign in names :P Oops. Teaches me for going missing for so long.

Anyways, I've decided instead of messing around doing things that don't work (Ha. I've done everything from HCG - I made it a day - to veganism) I'm going to do what I've done in the past and what worked in the past.

For those of you who I don't know, this is my story. I lost 25lbs, and then gained 35lbs. Over the next year I lost 80lbs through various methods, but the majority was using the SBD. Yay right? Well, I'm still 20-30lbs from goal and I just GAINED back 10lbs due to job stresses and eating way to much take out (Bumping me back to 30-40lbs from goal). Calorie counting alone does not work for me, as I'm the kind of person who COULD eat one giant meal of pizza a day. And oh hey - I have.

So. Back to phase one to squish those cravings for carbs (Seriously, when did I become a "coffee and donut" girl in the morning).

But, It's been awhile. And I was just wondering if there are any fabulous phase one recipes you would recommend. I'm thinking egg/sausage cups for breakfast, a salad w/ protein for lunch, and steamed veggies and protein for dinner (with snacks along the way). Oh, and if I "need" it a latte with milk, no sugar.

I'm a girl of habit. And I can eat the same thing for two weeks. But I'd rather not.

ALSO - Are there any ladies out there who would be my "buddy" and we could help keep each other on track?

Thanks a bunch
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Welcome back! Check out the recipe forum as there are tons of great tasty recipes. I too seem to get stuck in a routine of eating the same things over and over again. i'd write more, but running out the door to a BBQ. Fortunately it is hot so I won't want to eat heavy today.....last night was another story! Here's to new beginnings!!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 224.6/196/134

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back! What I did was bought three of the South Beach recipe books. Can I find all the recipes online? Of course! But I know I wont and will stay with eating the same things everyday easily. Sunday is my start day so what I do each Sunday night is look through one cookbook and choose some recipes that I want to try and plug them into a weekly planner (hand written works best for me). I put a small post-it with the recipe name on them at the top, once I've made the recipe I put the post-it to the side.

Note: that I didn't do this until phase 2. In phase 1, since it's only for 2 weeks anyway, I just had phase 1 foods in the house.

For breakfast, I stuck with eggs with different sauteed veggies and sometimes meats and made omelets. Easiest breakfast, take last night's left over veggies and meat, dice it up, warm it in the pan, throw some eggs or egg beaters over it and make an omelet that way.

For lunch, I made salads with different veggies, meats and cheeses in them or I'd make the roll-ups using green leaf lettuce since I can rarely find boston lettuce.

Dinners seemed easy for me. I'd make whatever I was making for the family and just not eat the potato or pasta side and add more veggies to my plate. Of course if making them chicken tenders with bread crumb I'd cote my tenders with chopped pecans or something if I didn't have my nuts for the day.

Good luck!! You'll do great!!!
FabBy40Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/173/147

just remember what you did last time. and you will do great. i am also doing southbeach for the second time, lost 50lbs first time but did not stick to it, i am now 30 from goal. i tried dukan but got bored with alternating days and no fruit. i would love to be your buddy we can do this together
eileen
slimbysummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #5  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome back! I'm restarting too. I second the idea of looking through the cookbooks. That was one of the things that made me realize that I could do this. There are some wonderful recipes in there, and I find the meal plans helpful. (There are some wonderful recipes on this board, too!)

Good luck.
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:42 AM   #6  

there is a great recipe site from the official web forum i used to use last time do a search for south beach century club recipes
Old 06-13-2012, 12:06 AM   #7  
Always Learning

Thanks everyone for your tips and advice and willingness to help.

Hopefully I'll be starting on Thursday, as work hours haven't allowed me to do a proper grocery shop and have been leaving in completely exhausted - and partially hoping that with TOTM around the corner my weight will drop a bit (I refuse to believe I've gained nearly 10lbs in a few weeks).

Will message those who offered to be my buddy
Old 06-13-2012, 12:12 AM   #8  
Always Learning

slimbysummer - "slimbysummer has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her." Strange error.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:07 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Adding my to the other "welcome backs".

The error message is correct. Members cannot receive or send PMs until they have been here over 20 days and have over 20 posts. It's a site rule to prevent spammers deluging us with messages.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #10  

always learning
have you been trying to contact me. i can't remember what date in may i joined , but i assume that when i have the required amount of days on the site it will come up and tell me that i can have private messages.
if i can help on here i will
eileen

Last edited by slimbysummer; 06-13-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Eileen, you joined May 25.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #12  

thanks ruth, so that means i should be able to set a signature and send private messages from next week, will it tell me automatically i can or is there something i should do
eileen
Old 06-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

It won't tell you. Let me know if you have trouble.