South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 07:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Weekend South Beach Chat, March 24-25

Good morning chicks!

I have six chattering boys downstairs (and upstairs), having a great time. Thankfully, they did seem to sleep thru the night...or at least they let me sleep thru the night!

I get to make breakfast (bacon and french toast sticks) for them, then off to work. We may be driving to MD today to check out a new truck, but I'll leave that up to the hubbie.

What's on your plate today?
Old 03-24-2012, 07:09 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend on the Beach - March 24 & 25

Good morning. Looks like a rainy weekend is on the menu for today. Maybe I'll get caught up on desk work and on clothing sorting. We're supposed to go back to "normal" March weather tomorrow with a low of 22ºF predicted for Monday overnight! I'm glad I didn't rake the leaf blankies off my perennials!

A quiet weekend ahead with a chick-night pot luck tomorrow night at Heather's. I'm going to take deviled eggs and some smoked salmon thingies for appetizers. That should keep me out of trouble.

Confession time here. At the Fair Board Meeting on Thursday I actually ate a Tim Horton donut and thoroughly enjoyed it. However, I've been craving sweet stuff ever since. I feel like a recovering alcoholic but am resisting the thought that the leftover donuts are in the freezer at the Fair Office and I have a key! So silly but I realized I truly was addicted. I don't dare eat even one of those darned Cadbury mini-eggs!

Time for a strawberry/Fibre1 smoothie and getting on with the day.

What's happening chez-toi this last weekend in March?
Old 03-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I'm enjoying my coffee and the quiet before the Grands wake up. I'll have them all day today. They're calling for rain, but right now the sky is clear, so I'm thinking of taking the kids up to the lake at the state park for something fun to do.

Oh, shoot! Tyler must have heard Dustin's truck pull out of the drive, and now he's up. See you all later!
Old 03-24-2012, 07:33 AM   #4  
Maryanna

S/C/G: 167/132/130

Height: 5'5.5"

I know what you mean! I've been craving sweets lately too and I don't know why! I think I've been indulging in too many chocolate protein smoothies! Guess I'll have to reduce them a bit regardless of how tasty they are! But tonight, I am giving in to celebrate the end of a very horrid dispensing exam and having one piece of chocolate cake (but I am only having one piece and enjoying it!). I've been really op lately and good with exercise. I just hope it doesn't trigger can carb cravings! The only good thing is that I am ordering only one piece and can't take home to have more :P
But I am excited for today Shopping and celebrating with friends after a very busy and tiring week!
Old 03-24-2012, 07:38 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've been up trying to come up with the game plan for my project. I started by reading the instructions for the finish, which most importantly indicates I can't move furniture back in for 72 hours after the final coat. All the details will depend on when my family will be able to return. Work today-yesterday was slammin' busy so I anticipate busier today. Whew. I'm feeling weak in the knees so I think I'll start with my smoothie then it will be time to get ready. I have a helper coming tomorrow at 7 so I'd better get organized when I get home.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

I've been up since 5. I hate that. I'm not working after all today because my boss called me in yesterday afternoon instead. I was happy to be flexible and ended up actually working a few more hours than I would have and... wonder of wonders... actually finally got to wait on customers!! Still haven't been trained in ringing up my sales though.

Had an amazingly delicious apple last night, my first in several weeks since I returned to PH1, and I can't decide if it really was just yummy or if it just tastes so much better because I'm not eating crap anymore (again) and haven't had any fruit in a while.

I'm going to try a new recipe today that is vegetarian for SH and PH2 friendly for me. If it's good I'll post it. Bean and spinach soup. And I hope to finally crack open Hunger Games. And get in the shopping I didn't do yesterday since I worked instead.

Off for more green tea... BBL.. have a great weekend!
Old 03-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #7  
Determined!

S/C/G: 84.3kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 5'4"/164cm

Good morning!

I don't often post in these - I'm in NZ and my time zones are usually off to post in the daily chats - but I figure a weekend one is good for me!

Horrible rainy day here, although it is meant to clear up. I have to study for a test tomorrow anyway, so I guess the weather doesn't really matter!

I'm going to finish my coffee then do some housework before the study starts. I got a bird this week (a very sweet baby budgie named Colby) and there is seed EVERYWHERE! For some reason she prefers to sit in her seed whilst she eats it which results in seed going all over the place - crazy bird!

Have a great weekend
Old 03-25-2012, 05:02 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Nice to see you joining us, lilmisschattabox. I have a friend in NZ and hope to visit her someday as I hear it is an absolutely stunning country.

Well, it was not my idea to get up at 4 this morning but the dogs bashed open the door and dashed upstairs to see me. I don't know where they think I go at night. You'd think I'd been gone for weeks!

Not sure what's on my agenda today after Church. I am supposed to go to a chick party tonight and take some deviled eggs but am not sure about how I'll feel. This eternal cold and cough has me pretty wiped by 7 PM. On the other hand, if I go, I'll still have the cold but will have had fun. I guess I'll do the eggs anyhow and see how I feel later on. An afternoon nap may help.

Now for some breakfast and perhaps a soak in the tub since this day is off to an early start. (The dogs are both back asleep!)

Come and chat a bit.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:12 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Ruth! I see you've been up awhile but just got here...me, too. I really had a chuckle about the pups! They sure love us! I'm Bingless and sure miss him. I'm so used to doing everything with him because if I'm here he's never more than 3 feet away. I hope you have enough pep to make it to the chick party!

Me...been up forever. I had a nice chat with my Sis in Hawaii. Funny, with a 4 hour time difference she was going to bed and I was getting up. The floor project is feeling more manageable this morning. I started a test spot with the finish last night and it's looking just fine. My helper arrives at 7 and I think we'll have a productive day. I think I'll put a spaghetti squash in the oven for later since I still have 7 or 8 left from last years' garden. I'm feeling perky...thank goodness.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 03-25-2012, 07:08 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I've been waiting for the bathroom to be free, so thought I'd check in and have a coffee while I'm waiting.

I'm glad your floor is going to come out OK, Debbie. That is going to be a monumental task, but I'm sure it will look beautiful when it's finished. And, Ruth, I hope your cold is finally easing up. I still wonder if it's seasonal allergies, rather than a cold since it's been hanging on so long. I'm sorry Disney and Jazz woke you up so early, those rascally pups!

Jake reminded me that our tax guy is coming this morning. We're really behind on them this year, as we usually have our refund check by now. So that will take up most of the morning, and Monica, Caite, & Carley are coming out this afternoon. I have a big pork loin that I'm planning on for dinner, but I'll have to find something yummy for Caitlyn and I.

I had planned to get my greens planted, but the weather has decided not to cooperate this weekend. No matter, I can always bung them in at a later date.

Well, the bathroom is finally empty, so I'm going to go hop in the shower for now. BBL!
Old 03-25-2012, 07:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - I hope your cold decides to pack up and leave. Maybe cottage is right - allergies? It has been a crazy spring.

Debbie - I'm in complete awe that you're doing your own floors. You rock!

Cottage - come on out and have some of my greens! (LOL...would it be worth the 4 dollar gas for 2 bucks worth of greens?!)

Oops - somehow hit return. We did go look at a truck (in PA though)....it is so hard considering getting a car payment again! And now, I have the purring kitten on my lap, content as can be. I wonder if he'd be purring this loud if he knew I was neutering him tomorrow?

Today - church, then I'm hoping...NOTHING. Is that possible?

Last edited by TwynnB; 03-25-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just realized I never made it in to post yesterday. I did check-in a couple of times but never sat down long enough to check-in. DW is sleeping in this morning so I'm enjoying a little time with nothing to do.
It's a rainy, cool day here. Looks like our early summer days are over for awhile. I don't mind, it's still better than all those snowy March days in years past!

Ruth - That was one of my favorite things about Fox, whether we were gone 5 minutes or 5 days she was equally enthusiastic about our return. My cat sits outside the bathroom and cries when I manage to get in there without him. Guess he thinks I'm having fun when he's not there
I really hope today is the turning point with that stinking cold! It's overstayed its welcome.

Debbie - Such a big project, hope it goes smoothly. I definitely want to grow spaghetti squash this year. Thanks for the reminder

Cottage - It's supposed to drop into the teens this week. I'll have to cover my baby plants.
Happy tax prep

Twynn - I think petting always trumps every other consideration. Hope you get a relaxing afternoon

Today the usual chores, cooking, etc. I made the crockpot cabbage recipe last night and just filled the crock with root veggies and cabbage. It was just as good as the first time and I have lots of leftovers. I've been working on doing more cooking for myself. I'm not enthusiastic about it most days but I know it's healthier. DW is planning a full day at work tomorrow with carpooling from the Park and Ride both ways. It's been months since I've had that much time to myself. Wonder if I can get the whole house scrubbed in 8 hours?

It looks like it's going to be a perfect day for some reading and a nap. I might just give it a try this afternoon.

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-25-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

The soup was good so I posted the recipe. I'll be fighting DH for the leftovers; he eats probably double the serving size and I like to have some to last a couple of days. It was nice to find a meal OP for both our "diets"

Skyped with DS1 yesterday; he told us about his tour around Bethlehem with a college alum who works where DS is going to be working. He's narrowed down where he wants to live and we gave him the task of calling 3 apartment complexes tomorrow to check on availability. DH and I decided not to book flights out for 3 weeks from now; we'll see how things unfold and then drive for maximum flexibility. Ugh.

I started Hunger Games and it took me a while but, yes, I did get hooked. Not sure if I'll have time to finish today since I work all afternoon. It's going to be another hot one here. Crazy weather this year.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #14  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning ladies and hello to lilmisschatterbox in NZ!

Ruth, lol at the dogs rushing to see us...to them it must seem like years since they've seen us

Just another day of work for me...Oh! i just realized I have only a few weeks left at the yuck winter job, YAY.

I have had a couple food indiscretions but hopefully I am back to business today. I've been having my anger issues again at work, that I'm not given time to eat what I bring. One day last week it took me ONE HOUR to finish my bowl of lunch stuff. When it takes that long, I've already digested the first part of the lunch and I'm hungry again, lol.

Kinda gray and cool and wet out there, guess I'd rather be at work on a day like this. CyndiM I bet you could get alot scrubbed tomorrow! Have a good day, everyone.

Last edited by VermontMom; 03-25-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #15  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning chicks & hello LilMiss!
Grey & rainy here too so I'm taking the chance to get caught up on a bunch of stuff around the house. My parents visited yesterday and I had a planned off-plan meal yesterday and while I did really good with my portions I was still fighting huge cravings yesterday afternoon. Doesn't help that they left all the leftovers here so every time I open the fridge, they're there staring at me. I'm chugging lots of water today and am determined to stay away from the pasta.
Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread