South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 06:15 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Wednesday, March 7

Good morning from Disappointed In Delta! I was expecting balmy weather first thing today but it's still 23F out there although it's supposed to hit 44F today. I hope they didn't lie because I'm very ready for Spring to get rolling. (Now I know March and April are cruel months but let me hope, OK?)

Got lots of stuff done yesterday including a long afternoon session of pet therapy at the nursing home, resolved some tax things and got some of the cutting done for my new quilt. (I've changed the pattern to a disappearing nine-patch - quilters will know what I'm on about!) The quilt Cottage and I pinned when she was here has to wait for machine quilting until I get to town tomorrow for the right thread.

Gym this morning - Go Me! - and then home to finally make that bean salad. We have pet therapy at one. I guess I'm back in my grove again, even if I still have the dregs of my February cold.

Time for breakfast and then into gym stuff. How does your day look from this early morning perspective? Grab a mug and chat!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's still pretty frigid here, too, although it's supposed to warm up into the 60s for a Gorgeous Wednesday. Hang in there, Ruthie, it's coming!

My usual Wednesday thing is my agenda for the day. Morning at Susie's, afternoon putzing around the farmhouse, then getting the girls and dropping them off at the stables so I can get home by 5. Wednesdays are good.

I had a teeny bit of a struggle last night when Dustin and the Grands were baking oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. They smelled so good while they were baking! But I reminded myself that I don't really like them all that much, and had a SBD Peanut Butter Cup instead.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:36 AM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Ruth! Go You! You had a full day yesterday. I am also so very much looking forward to our forecast for upper 40'sF and possibly even low 50's with sun! As we know it is just a 'tease' as we can get some of our biggest dumps of sn*w (one year ago our area got over 2 1/2 FEET of snow in one storm ) But we do need to have a tease of what is to come.

Today I have off, YAY. My patience at work is frayed so thin. Each day that I'm not arrested for attacking a customer is a plus

I have to use my husband crappy car to get around today, after taking him to work but that's okay, I"m glad to have a car. And the parts for my car are due in today. Then back home to make a big pot of South Beach approved chili, and general around-the-house picking up.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth! I love that you do the pet therapy, I'm sure they love it as well (dogs and humans!). Hopefully it will turn out to be a beautiful day?

I can't wait for later today! It's supposed to be around 60 degrees here, and this is my short day (I'm so afraid I'll have to stay late...). Maybe I can go for a run!!! I've slowly been putting weight back on, and I really think it's because of not running...that really increases my metabolism. We won't talk about those extra calories, that has nothing to do with it!

Mmmm...bean salad again for me today too!!

ETA: good morning cottage and Holly!

Last edited by TwynnB; 03-07-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Can't believe I never made it in yesterday. I did read a couple of times but never had enough time and energy to post. Today should be calmer. DW is working 2-6 and I only need to drive one way then pick-up at the park and ride, so not too much running around for me.

Ruth - I was disappointed too. It is supposed to warm to the 50s but I don't want to wait 60s tomorrow then a couple of cold days and back to the 50s. I just hope our snow disappears today. I'm going to google that pattern, curious to see it.

Cottage - congratulations on your cookie success! I don't know how you bakers do it, I need to learn a thing or two from you

Holly - I can't imagine dealing day in and day out with tourists in season. Three months at a resort child care was enough to put me off that forever. I saw your post in another thread about your food success yesterday. Wow, great job! I find those times the hardest, when I'm hungry and don't have time to get anything I planned. Hats off to you Enjoy your day off even if you have to drive the crappy car

Twynn - I've got to make that salad today. It looks soooo good. I think a few of us are struggling with a little extra insulation right now. I am afraid of those bins of summer clothes in the back. If I don't get a handle on this it's not going to be pretty.

I am looking forward to a couple of days of walks outside. Nothing improves my attitude as much as a little fresh air and exercise. Time to go plan my meals for the day. After all this time you'd think I would know enough to plan meals when I need to get back on track

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-07-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

We just learned that woman who lives behind us lost her long battle with cancer. The funeral is today so we'll head out this morning. Things like this always put life back into perspective.

Found the salad recipe! I'm not a feta fan; I wonder if it would be too bland without. I think I'll go read the comment on the original site. I love allrecipes.com.

So... after much debate, I did bake or my book club. And darned if only one person even touched the stuff! I, unfortunately, sampled a few. I learned a lesson. Next time, next year, I'm not going to bake unless it is something for me!

Gotta run... Have to find some funeral-attire that fits with my still-hanging-on-holiday-gain.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It sounds like we're all in the Spring mode! Yesterdays drive was uneventful but it seemed Spring-like and I am tired today. We got over and I went directly to our local pet store to bathe Bing. He had a issue with his behind and too much hair so he's getting his Spring cut....in phases. I'll take him back later today to complete the shear (with the owners help). She was a groomer in a past life.

We're headed to the pool for a relaxing soak...no classes today. My mind has lots of projects but I'm also remembering a day off might be nice.

Take care everyone!
Old 03-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Back from a very white north. I just couldn't believe how much snow they have up there and there was a big storm on Saturday. Something to be said about a small town. When DD and DSIL went to shovel a complete stranger came over with a snow blower and a neighbour showed up with a shovel. We don't get that up there. Had fun taking care of my dear little grandson, going to school has changed him alot.

Debbie - happy belated birthday

everyone else have a good on plan day.

I got a cold and have to get better by Monday because my daughter and grandson are coming here for March Break.
take care
Sophie
Old 03-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #9  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Hi chicks - not much time to check in today because I'm at a conference. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to make I through lunch. Guess I'll just do the best I can with whatever they offer. Besides being bored stiff today I'm missing the fabulous weather :-(
Have a great day!
Old 03-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #10  

Height: 5'1.5"

Wow, tornadoes, the first real snow of the winter (in March), and now T-shirt weather, all in the same week, there's Kentucky for you!!

Cottage, I love oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, that would be a really tough one for me.

Just checking in since I hadn't in a few days. My digestive tract has been protesting all this healthy food by going on strike, so the last couple days I've spent trying to beat it into submission. So far, I'm losing. TMI I know but I had to vent somewhere! lol

ETA: Finally went for a "run" today, in the beautiful weather! I say "run" because after the initial burst out the door it ended up being about half run, half walk. But I'm going to call it a run because I'm choosing to be a glass-half-full kind of person today! Anyway it was nice to get out and sweat; I've been exercising most days but I love to run when it's sunny out so I'm really happy to have gotten my butt outside.

Have a great afternoon everyone!

Last edited by MissusTaterHead; 03-07-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Just popping in it's gorgeous out!!!
Missus Tater Psyllium husk in liquid with a coffee chaser Trust me!!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #12  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Score on conference lunch! Buffet line so I was able to get salad, green beans, and chicken. Passed by all the rolls & potatoes & dessert.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #13  

Height: 5'1.5"

KO, bless you, I will pick some up ASAP. You'd think with all the chia seeds and raw oats I'd be in okay shape but not true!! Last night tho I rinsed out a measuring cup I'd used to mix my chia fresca...the little chia seeds were stuck to the inside like glue. Kind of made me go 'hmm.'
Old 03-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Karen, so sorry to hear!

I've had a good day today so far. Expecting TOM, got on the scale (forgot to on Saturday for my weigh in) and found this:

Old 03-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Just popping in real quick. Hiiii everyone! I'm ready for my comfy pants and the couch. This week has been LONG. Bring on the thunderstorms tonight! Good sleeping weather. No severe expected so I'm a happy camper. After what went through Harrisburg a couple of weeks ago, I think we're over the whole "tornado" thing for awhile. Nice having a meteorologist for a father, though. I know when I get the "hit the dirt!" text that it's time to flip out and hide.

Hope everyone's having a good night!

Lisa
Closed Thread