South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 05:24 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Tuesday SBD Chat, Feb 21, 2012

Good Morning

I'm not keeping regular hours here...thought I'd might as well get us started this morning.

I might not have mentioned I got a new computer (a TouchSmart) and last night after getting home from work I spent 2 hours with a tech trying to get the company books synched with the laptop. Success! I went to bed at 6pm so I could get back up and finish W-2/W-3's which mom insists she needs today. It could wait until tomorrow but we're headed West to the pool for 5 days IF I can get ready. Anyway, I have a printout for her and I might try for 1 more hour of rest then get up and pack. The car is going in for a new tie rod today which complicates things, too.

Thankfully, I will have my green smoothie this morning and have a healthy plan in place for the rest of the day. Healthy food choices will get me through this day and I'll promise myself to get more rest tomorrow.

What's on your agenda today?? Stop and chat

Have a great day everyone!

(Twynn, I waitress on Mon/Tues...the local diner...I started last October)

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-21-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:36 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for the early start, Debbie. I was up at 5 but am sort of moping around missing Linda. I had to make my own coffee, imagine that! Thanks for the reminder about forms. I got our T4s (salary & deduction record) done last week but still have to do the Summary. Then it'll be time to tackle my own taxes.

Had a great time with Linda and was sad to see her go. Jazz misses her too and just went upstairs to check her room. We had a pretty relaxing weekend just hanging out and talking although we did do a bit of a tour and spent some time checking out the ambiance at Bob's Diner.

Since I have a bad cold, the first in three years, I've canceled out pet therapy this afternoon. After being shut down for illnesses for four weeks, they don't need any fresh germs in there! I think I'll do my own pet therapy this afternoon and indulge in a nap. An easy day ahead although I do have Good Food Box this morning and need to find room in my fridge for more veggies. I see veggie soup in the near future.

Have a great Tuesday - feels like Monday to me!
Old 02-21-2012, 06:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies....

My daddy died yesterday. Most of you probably know he was in bad shape, so it is a blessing, but still difficult to know he is gone. We are flying out this afternoon, and will be gone for the rest of the week. I'm not going to worry about food too much, although I'll be cooking for mom since she's obviously not interested too much.

I'll probably check in occasionally....
Old 02-21-2012, 06:17 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Twynn, I am so very sorry and will pray for you and your family. Of course you need not worry about food - just care for yourself and family as you go though this difficult time.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:30 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Why are all hospital procedures scheduled for 6 AM? Alarms should not be able to be set for 3:30. oh well, at lest we should be done and home early.

Ruth - Sounds like another perfect though too short visit. Hope you get some rest now and get that cold out.

Debbie - Another busy day for you. Hope you are able to catch-up on rest soon.

Twynn - thinking of you

This morning Julie gets her semi-permanent line put in so she can continue the treatments that have been helping. Hoping all goes just as planned and the conscious sedation doesn't cause any problems. After that she gets another plasma treatment then home for the day.

I've brought the data entry I've been putting off. Hopefully the boredom of waiting will encourage me to get that off my To Do list!

Hope your day is a breeze.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:34 AM   #6  

Twynn, I will be thinking of you and your family. Take care of yourself during this very hard time.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:54 AM   #7  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, I'll start with my sincere condolences to Twynn and her family May you stay strong for your mom and get support from everyone else.

CyndiM, I hope everything goes well with Julie and that you have a 'breeze of a day' How did the carrot cake pulp treats turn out?

Ruth - sorry about the bad cold! rest, rest. My prescription is to get a big mug of green tea, a good book, and Jazz curled up next to you in a warm bed

Debbie - congrats on the new computer, and getting it set up. I hope you get all your paperwork done.

Hi Chickadeee - hope you have a great day

I'm struggling to keep from getting arrested from freaking out at the crush of impatient, rude, obnoxious, entitled-acting tourists!! Who barters on the price of items in a retail store, for cryin out loud? They walk in the door and immediately interrupt me while I'm in the middle of a transaction to bark "You got bacon here?!" They wait til I step away from the counter to help someone else and then rush for the counter and say loudly, I'm ready!" A lady announces to me, "ExCUSE me, but there's no soup ladle here." I walked over, looked in the bin, and said, "there's no soup in there" (it was just the hot water bath)

Sorry, just had to rant to a new audience

I have to be vigilant to eat a few bites every hour and keep chugging my water on days like that, if I don't then I get insanely hungry and charge for a 400 calorie cookie. Thank goodness I haven't done that since starting SB!!

okay everyone have a great day
Old 02-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Twynn, I'm so very sorry to hear about your dad's passing, even if it was a blessing. It's still sad and I know you'll miss him. My thoughts are with you and your family.

I had such a good time at Ruth's, and it was sad to say goodbye. I miss her and those two darling furbabies already. At least I brought back her cold, lol! I think my entire family will end up sharing it, since I was greeted with bear hugs and kisses when I got home. Gee, do you think they missed me?

I still have one day left of my holiday to enjoy, and will spend it catching up on laundry and mundane household stuff. I want to pick up a bag of groceries to restock Cindy's fridge for when they get home tonight, too.
It's hard to get back into the swing of things after such a relaxing vacation.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #9  

Height: 5'1.5"

Twynn, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad.

Like some of you I have taxes to finish; we only have one employee, so I only have one W2/W3 to file. But I need to get our income taxes done ASAP. I'm also on the wire finishing a new website for our business; I need to finish that before I can start our taxes. Hopefully I can finish it this week. I have a cruise coming up with a friend; it was supposed to be my reward for completing these two jobs so I absolutely have to finish them by March 11 so I can enjoy this trip guilt-free!

Have been really hungry the last couple days and feeling kind of hormonal and discouraged. It seems like I'm seeing chocolate everywhere I look! I've still been faithful to the plan; hopefully I've just hit a rough patch that will pass as soon as my hormones get themselves back in line.

Hugs to everyone and have a great Tuesday.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!!!

Holly - It was rainy and raw yesterday but not as cold as "normal." Today is supposed to be about 10 degrees above a typical high and tomorrow even warmer! Our winter that wasn't continues My husband has lots of crap in the house and sometimes I cave in too. Men. Sigh.

Sophie - Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Debbie - I didn't realize you were waitressing. I thought you were working in an office.

Ruth - Soup sounds great for your cold. I may jinx myself here but I haven't had a full blown cold since I started drinking green tea. Maybe it really works!

Twynn- So sorry for your loss

Cyndi - I hope all goes well today.

Linda - Oh no! Nice to be missed

Tater - Where are you cruising?

I'm off to yoga this morning. I haven't thought any further than that. Oh, wait... I almost always shop at Target after since it's so close. That and because I do enjoy a post-workout skinny latte from the Starbucks inside. I had rather a binge on sugar free pudding yesterday. Not sure why but maybe it had something to do with my DH eating chips and then getting a frozen custard. Sigh. I had been doing so much better about evening snacking but will get that back on track today.

Off and running... (Well, not "running...")
Old 02-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Twynn - sorry to hear about your lose and happy you spent some time with him a couple of weeks ago.

Holly - too funny about those tourists, saw a movie where a tourist was ordering salade nicoise with range dressing on the side, had a good laugh over that.

Debbie - 5 days, enjoy

Ruth - I second soup

Cyndi - hope all goes well and getting up a 3:30a.m. is a killer as long as they take you on time.

Linda - bet you were happy to see them too.

Tater - maybe a bit of cocoa powder mixed into yogourt would help.

Karen - Target is coming to Canada. I really liked the ones I have visited but has never seen one with groceries.

me - not much new here. Still really can't look down so am doing some plain knitting. Maybe will take in a walk when things warm up this afternoon.
take care
Sophie
Old 02-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #12  

Height: 5'1.5"

Karen, I'm embarrassed to say I know we're stopping in Key West but the other stop escapes me! I'm tagging along with a friend, so I haven't been involved in the whole planning process. I'm really just looking forward to the time away.

Sophie, I think you're right; I meant to make some chocolate chia pudding last night. I should go make some right now so I can have it tonight for a treat. I'm not usually a big chocolate lover but between Valentine's Day and all the Easter candy that is showing up now, it is really getting to me!
Old 02-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Twynn - I am so sorry to hear it Losing a parent is hard, no matter what the circumstances. Love to you and yours.
Closed Thread