South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 03:02 AM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default SBD Chat - Thursday, January 5th

Morning chicks!

Just getting back to the hotel. I had a LONG but awesome day. Gave my first presentation (solo) and got instant feedback through a mobile app and it was all 4s and 5s! I was very excited. I've found this work trip to be the worst yet - I've either had to spend my non-profit's money of "other" meals because I've not been able to eat what's served or, as in tonight, I cheated a bit. I will flush tomorrow and will try not to go off plan at all. I had 12 fries and two beers! Bad me!

Otherwise, the trip is a success - aside from having to wake up in 5 hours. I did make time for the gym tonight though, hence a late dinner. However, great news is that I get to meet our very own Karen on Friday!!!! My first SBD connection. I am VERY excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's going on where you are today?
Old 01-05-2012, 06:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Jenn! You're spot on with the cheat...just go back to on plan today (and hope you enjoyed the cheat! I'm not sure I could've counted the fries!!).

I wanted to cheat SO BAD last night, as just an emotional eating, after a LOVELY interaction with mom. But, I didn't do it! Hmmm...if I remembered the last piece of key lime pie in there, maybe will power wouldn't have prevailed!!

Today is another day!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:43 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Jenne and Karen, how exciting that you get to meet!! Take a picture and post it ok? Jenne, don't feel bad about spending extra money on food that is on plan for you. The best thing for your employer is for you to be healthy so you can throw yourself into your work! It's a small price for them to pay. Throw the guilt out the window (and don't let that one cheat stop you. I feel like learning how to get back on track is one of the most valuable supports I get from this board.)

Not much on tap for today...boss is out yeah for the next two days and I'll have time to get some things together, but it also means I can wear jeans to work. Today is one of the days I leave early and I promised my son we'd go to Barnes and Noble and look at books. I'm feeling good being on plan and am gearing up to be on plan all weekend with no cheats, especially wine cheats. Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I couldn't button my favorite pair of corduroys this morning. I thought I had been doing pretty well, but that was my wake-up call. Too many starchy carbs have been making their way back in my diet, and it's time to bite the bullet. Sigh .............

Jenne, that's super cool that you and Karen are meeting each other tomorrow. I wish I could be there, too! Congratulations on your great presentation!

Twynne, kudos to you for being strong and staying OP last night!

I'm happy that today is my Friday and payday, besides. Paydays are always nice after all the holiday spending! Tomorrow the tree WILL come down and I plan to give the livingroom a good cleaning. Other than that, I don't think anything else is planned for the weekend.

Well, Jake let me have my coffee and check the boards first, but now he needs his bandages changed. Ugh.

Matilda!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 01-05-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday!

Jenne, Congrats on your presentation success AND your eating success! What is the name of your presentation?

Mathilda, Hooray for jeans days! My boss is out most of the day today, but we have an interview with 3 kids this afternoon. I'll wear jeans tomorrow!

Twynn, Oh how I hate family drama. I used to eat pints of Ben and Jerry's to survive my parents. Boy, I showed them!

Cottage, I paid Auston and his two cousins a dollar each to take all the decorations off my tree. I only removed the special ones. It was worth $3. You need to have your grandkids spend the night.

I'm having a grrrr moment with hubs. I'm taking care of two households right now since my MIL (HIS mother) is sick. When I got home from work last night, he had taken a shower and 'groomed' his beard all over my bathroom sink. I asked him to clean it up, but it's still a mess. I'm feeling disrespected. So, do I suck it up and clean it myself? OR do I use my favorite passive-aggressiveness and quit flushing toilets or something equally gross?

Anyway.... Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:44 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Chelby I hear you. I think you should say "I see that you made an effort but I still don't think it's clean. Can you please (make specific request here)." My husband also trims his beard on the sink and it looks like little grains of black sand all over. Gross!!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Oh you gals started my day with a great laugh. Thank you!

First Jenn's comments about meeting. (And photos? Eeek. Do I need to put on mascara?) Then Chelby's story about her husband. OMG can I ever identify! Yep, done a passive aggressive thing or two myself. I can't decide if men are just semi-blind and really don't see the mess, or if they are being contrary and passive aggressive towards us!

Now, down to business. My eating has been bad. Very bad. I know I really should suck it up and do a full blown PH1. But I keep lying to myself that I can eat fruit and still get back on track. But, oh the cravings. And oh the weakling who is giving in! This is supposed to be the time of year filled with motivation and resolve! Mine is sooo missing. Somebody give me a kick in the "you know where" please!

Off to my second yoga class of the year today. And, "she types with determination," a clean eating day. I just need one. For now. Just one.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

A flyby as I "manage" our day. DH is off to the gym (I have no car). Mom and sis not up yet. I will get to water aerobics. Food has been good...we eat pretty healthy when sis is here.

everyone!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #9  

Hahaha - Karen, mascara was the ONE thing I forgot and the prices at the hotel are RIDICULOUS so no, it's not required!

Chelby - Funny you should mention title -in the downgrades I did get, it was because the title "didn't match" the session - it did but they had to look for it! Anyway it was "Changing the Face of NonProfit Advocacy: Top 10 Tips to Better Brand and Market Yourself." I was a nervous wreck but overall, great feedback so I am happy.

Yes, the cheat yesterday had more to do with what was available to me all day - or rather, not available. I've had to eat AFTER the provided meals and last night a colleague (a vegan) and I went to the gym and then had a reception but we were there a lot longer than expected. We got out at 10p and EVERYTHING had closed. We took a cab to the only bar open that served food. Got portabella burgers and we shared fries - it was that or fried chicken fingers or fried fish or fried X. There was cheese on her burger and she too had to just roll with punches at that time. We were just so hungry. Today might not be better (we are traveling offsite to a local nonprofit and they are providing lunch) so I've gotta be flexible and do the best I can. No cravings this morning which is good. Have to go get breakfast now as a matter of fact (it's not provided!).

Have a great one all!

Last edited by jenne1017; 01-05-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Jenne -- I went to a seminar called "Friend my CAC" (Child Advocacy Center). It was GREAT and also about branding and marketing. I'm the youngest person in the office at 43. The next person hired needs to be in their 20s and WAY cooler about social media than I am!

Karen and Mathilda, I'm so glad that my DH isn't the only 'contrary' one.

Debbie, Have fun at water aerobics!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Good morning! (well, afternoon to you east-coasters).

Chessa, the GF, woke up this morning with a stomach flu. It has been going around here, some people from work have been home sick with it and I guess she caught it too. Makes me both want to call in sick myself and stay home with her tonight and also get the heck out the house and away from the germs, at the same time! This morning she requested non-SBD foods, which I obliged, so I went and picked up ice cream, juice and some canned chicken noodle soup. For now she is sleeping.

Tomorrow night I am trying the cauliflower pizza crust for the first time...anyone else use it? I have made the spaghetti squash one, so I'd love to hear how someone would compare the two. A friend is coming over who is not on SBD, and I am going to make a pizza for her on a regular crust and one for me on a cauliflower crust. Should be tasty, I'm doing bbq chicken with a little gouda, lf cheddar, red onions, and a big side salad.

Alright, time to get ready for work! I hope everyone has a fantastic day.

Hope there is some healthy food options at lunch, Jenne!
Old 01-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 233/197/145

Height: 5'3"

Hey Everyone..

I was SO tempted to fall of the wagon last night (Phase 1 day 3), but I pushed through and feel good about it today.

I peeped at the scale, though I am not supposed to do my 1 week weigh in until Monday... down 3 pounds in 3 days!

Jenn- I am a nonprofit worker myself! I work for a Community Foundation. I know what you mean about all of those lunches and feeling guilty for spending any extra money... LOL.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by southmplsgirl View Post
Tomorrow night I am trying the cauliflower pizza crust for the first time...anyone else use it? I have made the spaghetti squash one, so I'd love to hear how someone would compare the two.
No comparison IMO. I love the spaghetti squash and to me it is more like a spaghetti pie than pizza. The cauliflower one I've tried twice and just was not a crust substitute that worked for me. It was okay tasting but the texture was not pizza like. I found it to be a lot of effort for one serving; the spaghetti squash makes more like 4 meals for me. Maybe you'll have great luck and can tell me what I am doing wrong! Another thing I've done is used a portobello mushroom as the base. Interesting.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Voo yarfed in the bed what appeared to be a gallon of water sometime between 3 and 4 am, and it soaked through 2 down comforters, 1 regular comforter, 2 sheets, and into the brand new (2nd night) memory foam mattress topper. Sigh. That was our only bedding too so we've been up!

Called in because Voo has been pukey 3 days in a row. Long story longer, 3 vet trips later, we found out she has a kidney infection. Poor puppydoo!

So yeah, was tempted to buy Skittles in the checkout when I went to get her chicken at the store, but I didn't. Whew.

Argh she has to pee (again...) Hope you all had a good day!

Lisa
Old 01-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lees3rwe View Post
Jenn- I am a nonprofit worker myself! I work for a Community Foundation. I know what you mean about all of those lunches and feeling guilty for spending any extra money... LOL.
I used to work for the Council on Foundations - they advocated on behalf of the family foundations - I know community foundations can legally lobby but we also had a number of CF members!

Small world!

No real healthy food I ate a slice of turkey and 2 slices of cheese
Closed Thread