3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   SBD Chat - New Year's Weekend 12/31/11-1/1/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/249369-sbd-chat-new-years-weekend-12-31-11-1-1-12-a.html)

jenne1017 12-31-2011 02:31 AM

SBD Chat - New Year's Weekend 12/31/11-1/1/12

1 Attachment(s)
Morning chicks,

It's the insomniac again! Starting us off early because I was kicked out of bed! I went slightly off plan tonight with dinner - Hibachi. Aside from 2 salads (ate DWs) and 1/2 of my chicken and steak with veggies combo, I tried a forkful of the fried rice and 2 pieces of Maryland sushi (it too had white rice and fried crab) and I've been sick ever since! Bathroom totals = 3 and the noises coming from my stomach since 8p tonight have kept DW awake so she kicked me out of the bedroom :lol3:

NOTE TO SELF (and all those around me I guess).

Shopping went soooo well. There were some excellent sales. I was wearing size 22W pants and 2x or 3x shirts in June. When those became tight, that's when I decided July 1 was back on the beach. Well, I was thrifty in my shopping, super appreciative of all my gift cards and got a ton of new stuff. While I fit into some 16Ws, they were a bit too tight for comfort so I bought 18Ws BUT THEY BUTTONED! :carrot: :broc: :carrot: :broc:

I bought a new winter coat (a work appropriate one - I only own a ski jacket right now), new bras, new undies, shirts, sweaters, a pair of jeans and work pants. I attached a picture of the new haul to this post. All pants were 18Ws, all shirts were either NORMAL sized XLs or OX or 1X :) I am very happy with it. So much so, I will exercise today!

We've got no plans to celebrate New Year's - tonight's hibachi was our dinner out so we didn't have to deal with crowds tomorrow. I might get a small bottle of champagne and we might go see New Year's Eve early in the evening but other than that, nothing doing.

What's going on in your world for today/this weekend?

Mmckellen 12-31-2011 07:30 AM

Nice stuff Jenne!! It must feel SO good to have a brand new wardrobe in a smaller size (I'm jealous). We have a whole ritual around NY Eve and Day. Today we will pick up my officemate and eat lunch at Roll N Roaster (second year doing this). Then tonight we will go over to friends with our son and the adults hang and the kids watch a movie (4th year doing this); we leave at midnight just after the ball drops. Then tomorrow we meet up with my best friend and her parents at Jade Island in Staten Island (Jenne: in the Costco shopping center) for lunch at 2pm (4th year doing this). So - clearly - not going to be on plan this weekend!

In addition today I want to go to the bank to redeem all my coins for my new year contribution to church tomorrow (there is a service in the morning) and I want to do some laundry and generally tidy the house for the new year. I'll also try to get in a nap so I'll make it to midnight tonight! Happy New Year everyone!!

Ruthxxx 12-31-2011 07:53 AM

Good morning from a wee village that is semi-encased in ice - we had freezing rain last night. :( Luckily Florence The Focus is snug in the barn.

Jenne, great shopping haul! I'd love to borrow that v neck top for tonight, please. I love all the clothes and share your joy in being into smaller sizes.

Mathilda, sounds like a good NY's Eve and Day plan! I too like my house in order when the year turns - bills paid, laundry done and borrowed things returned.

Lots to do today including returning a plate Claire left here and some re-gifting. The washer is running its last load right now. I have some Christmas Eve leftovers to thaw, give minimal prep and take over to Joanne's for her "elegant" NY's Eve party tonight.

It'll be interesting to see how the guys dress - Dr Bob will wear his vintage tails but I know two guys who will probably be in clean hockey shirts! I'll do the usual black velvet, pearls and cleavage but probably will fade long before midnight. The party is just around the corner so I can walk. I'm planning to not need a "designated walker" to get home! ;)

Time to enjoy another coffee with the tree and dog cuddles and then leap into the day completely. How does you last day of 2011 look from this early morning perspective? :cofdate:

TwynnB 12-31-2011 07:57 AM

Jenne - CONGRATULATIONS!! That's so awesome, that has got to make you feel great!! On the dinner from last night though.....eeeewwww....

Matilda - LOL...are you joining us for phase I on Tuesday!? Sounds like a great weekend planned!

I can't believe I got on this website easily this am!! I got my second trail run of the week in yesterday, I have missed it so. I can't believe I had to strip down to a tank top one of the last days of the year though! (it's the mountains, they kinda get my heart rate/temp up) I'm going to have to wander over to the resolution thread to see what's up over there...

Our town has "first night", so we're going to some of the things there. They have the most amazing ice sculpures. THis will be another year that it's actually too warm! Tomorrow we're having some friends over for games/chat, which I'm looking forward to. My dilemma is I wanna make some hoppin john (good luck in the new year, ya know) but I doubt my guests will wanna eat that, there might be chili too. But I already have pinto beans with ham made (use up that ham!). Maybe make it anyway and freeze it.

Alas, I am done with my soup babble!! Hope y'all have a great final day of 2011!!

Ruth - you snuck in! Sounds like a great time!!

WaistingTime 12-31-2011 08:22 AM

Morning, all.

Jenn - Woo hoo!!

Matilda - Busy weekend for you. Roll N Roaster? Never heard of it.

Ruth - Sounds fun. And I have cleavage envy.

Twynn - Hope the ice doesn't melt! It is warmish here too but the high temps are predicted to drop about 30 degrees between today and tomorrow.

I am hoping to just treat this like any other night. Yes, I'm a New Year's Scrooge. But I struggle to stay awake every night - I'll never make it to midnight! We did get invited to two parties so my husband might have different plans in mind. My teen will be at a big bash and is sleeping over. Not sure yet what my oldest is doing.

Lexxiss 12-31-2011 08:25 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

Jenne, thanks for getting us started! Sorry about the insomnia....I relate. Your clothes are super fantastic! It is just fabulous to move down in size!

Ruth, party sounds fun! Do you have some ice cleats for walking home?

Twynn, if I were your guest I'd want to eat something which would bring good luck in the new year. Start a tradition with them or serve it as a side dish.

Me, up and running! DH needs a new tool, sis needs help with recovering a chair and mom wants to go to breakfast. I just want to get on my bike for awhile....think it will all fit in.

Have a great day everyone!

CyndiM 12-31-2011 08:33 AM

Good morning :coffee2:

Jenn - nice haul! Congratulations on your size 18 wardrobe. My advice, not that you asked, get rid of those big sizes. Just keep one outfit for the required after picture.

Matilda - Another fun and busy weekend for all of you.

Ruth - I want to move to your village, such creative and fun things happen there.

Twynn- I pulled the black eyed peas out too. I'm not even from anywhere people make that for the New year but I'm covering all my bases. Gotta have a better 2012! We also have first night with fire works at 10 pm. Nice for those of us too old to make it to midnight ;)

Hope your last day of 2011 is a good one

ETA - DW needed ice water and Karen and Debbie snuck in while I was away :)

Karen- I almost never stay up until midnight. We went to a closed bar party a few years ago and remembered why we hate going out. Guess I'm a Scrooge too :)

Debbie - Get on that bike! You need time for you in your busy day. :hug:

Chelby29 12-31-2011 08:51 AM

Happy New Year's Eve!

Auston was up at midnight last night with an upset tummy. This morning, he said he feels like a "New Man!" :lol: Although, he's mad now because he and Jeff are cutting fire wood and he wants to play with the PlayStation.

We are having unseasonable warm weather, too. My hydrangeas are actually budding. I told them to stop, but they aren't listening. Monday a cold front is moving through -- highs in the 30s, lows in the teens. Hence, firewood.

I'm not 100% sure of our plans tonight. My SIL always has NYE at her house. With MIL being sick, we may move it to her house. Either way, I have my bottle of wine ready! DH is a great designated driver/walker. :)

chris313 12-31-2011 08:57 AM

Since I know I'll never make it to midnight.......:newyear:!!!

lees3rwe 12-31-2011 09:06 AM

Yay for new clothes! We have very similar taste!

I went grocery shopping last night and spent $160.00 to stock up the fridge with SB friendly stuff. *faints*.
I also used a gift card to by the large George Foreman grill. I think this will come in handy for grilling up stuff and not having the excuse to stop for take out.

Along with the diet, I am trying to reign in my food budget this year... we eat out WAY too often.

Mmckellen 12-31-2011 09:45 AM

Lee, the grill will also be great for veggies too. Grilled veggies are so good!

lees3rwe 12-31-2011 10:33 AM

I have never used one of these for veggies, but I am OBSESSED with grilled squash and Zuchinni. LOL...
I swear, I could eat them every meal.

chickadeee55 12-31-2011 10:44 AM

Hey Beachies,

Jenne, good for you, and your message is so full of excitement, I loved reading it, except the part where you had tummy problems. Sorry.

Ruth, I hate freezing rain, be careful. And I can't remember the last time I dressed up like that for News Years. Bet you knock'em dead!

Twynn, I know what you mean about weather, it is really mild here, high 20's and no SNOW! Chilly, but not bad. I take the dogs out for a walk in weather like this.

Stay up till midnight, huh! I am lucky if I stay awake till 8:30. I am another one that wakes up at 3 am and just lays there hoping to fall back to sleep. Most of the time not.

Everyone is so busy, I get to go pay taxes today then do some bumming. Hope everyone has a safe and happy new year.

jenne1017 12-31-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mmckellen (Post 4150320)
Then tomorrow we meet up with my best friend and her parents at Jade Island in Staten Island (Jenne: in the Costco shopping center) for lunch at 2pm (4th year doing this). So - clearly - not going to be on plan this weekend!

My sister just left working at Costco - she was seasonal. So I know exactly where you are talking about!!! Great traditions :) Have a great few days!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyndiM (Post 4150359)

Jenn - nice haul! Congratulations on your size 18 wardrobe. My advice, not that you asked, get rid of those big sizes. Just keep one outfit for the required after picture.

Already done! Been getting rid of things as they go out the door. Keeping one pair of work pants, 2 pairs of jeans (since I only have one right now but they will go soon) and one work shirt!

Hope you have a great day today Cyndi - kiss DW at midnight!

jenne1017 01-01-2012 02:30 AM

Thanks for fixing the posts ladies!

Happy New Year! Still an insomniac. I think it's the whole presentation not being done thing so today, I hunker down. Yesterday, I went to the gym for the first time since moving in here so I had an excuse.

Plans were blown because of a leak in the movie theater so I got some on plan treat (though I ate too much!) and some Prosecco and we rented a movie (The Help) and watched the ball drop and now, I am going to try to get some sleep. Will check in tomorrow as I work on my project!

:)