South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-29-2011, 06:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/197/145

Height: 5'3"

Default so how much did you lose in Phase I?

I know everyone is different, but I'm trying to pump myself up before Monday... LOL.

I had a major reality check earlier this month. My family and another family went to Busch Gardens Amusement Park for their Christmastowne themed shows. It was beautiful and we were having a wonderful time, until I tried to ride the rollercoaster with my 11 year old son. I couldn't get the harness (one of those overhead ones) to buckle... it wasn't even CLOSE. I had to do the walk of shame off of the coaster in front of everyone. It was so embarrassing, but mostly heartbreaking in front of my kid!

I have a lot of belly fat and I'm only 5'2". I have heard that this diet is great for getting rid of belly fat.

So, looking for some inspiration!
lees3rwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

, lees3rwe!

This plan is great for reducing belly fat; in fact, that's usually the first place you'll notice a difference in. The amount of weight you can lose on Phase 1 differs greatly from person to person. There are several factors to consider, such as your metabolism and how much weight you have to lose, but most people can expect to lose between 5 to 10 lbs or more in the first two weeks.

It's a good idea to take your body measurements when you begin this plan, too, as you will really see a big difference in inches.

Good luck!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

You will love, love, love this diet, but make sure that you've read the book and are fully committed. If you're not used to eating healthy (LOTS of veggies, some whole grains and fruits, etc), the prep time when you first start is quite time consuming (but well worth it). The ladies on here are FAB-U-LOUS, and there are lots of great recipes and ideas to help you thru.

Good luck! You'll probably find going to the daily thread/meal thread (whether you actually post or not) will greatly help you!

btw - Jenne had a very similar thread this summer of the walk of shame, and she's the one on the way to buy another set of smaller clothes...YAYYYYY!!!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

The very first time I did Ph.1 I lost 15 pounds in the two weeks. It was amazing! But I was doing 3-4 Jazzercise classes a week, too. I lose in my belly first. For me, it's the removing of grains/wheat from my diet that helps.
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:36 AM   #5  

Thanks everyone! I actually love "good" food. My weight really comes from stress eating and eating out too much. I am hoping that this program will make me focus on planning and preparing meals more than WW did. (There I knew that I could hit a drive through or whatever).

I will absolutely take measurements and I plan on walking 20 minutes a day on my treadmill (that I need to get out of storage). I have a disc issue with my back that prevents very strenuous exercise.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:06 PM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi there,

Everyone is different, remember that! I lost 8 pounds this go around on Phase 1.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:23 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Yes, everyone is different and just a caution: some of what you lose on Phase 1 is water weight, so when you start Phase 2 you should not expect to lose the first two weeks, just maintain your Phase 1 loss. You will actually be losing fat during that time, but the scales will just even out because of the water loss. You can do it!
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:56 AM   #8  

Crap I didn't even read about the roller coaster thing! I had the SAME experience. Only I fit on those coasters - the overhead ones. Just not my favorite one. Here's the thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sout...roller+coaster

I've lost 30 pounds since then. While I never went back to that park this summer, I did go to Universal Islands of Adventure and fit on EVERYTHING with room to spare!

Thanks for the shout out Twynn!!!
Old 12-30-2011, 09:10 PM   #9  

Jenn- it was the WORST.

My sweet husband kept trying to make excuses that it was my *ahem* large chest, or my coat, but I know why I didn't fit.

We actually had a vacation planned for Universal in June, had already made the deposit and everything and I called and cancelled it (that was before this South Beach idea!).

I KNOW that I fit on everything at Disney, even at my current weight.

At least I know that I am not alone (though I am very sorry that happened to you).
Old 12-31-2011, 02:44 AM   #10  

I fit into everything at Universal - I sat in the end seats "just in case" as they give a bit extra room. But I even fit on my FAVORITE roller coaster ever, the Incredible Hulk.

You are so NOT alone. This is my 3rd go around on South Beach. If I didn't ever stop being on plan, I wouldn't have had to be so humiliated. I cried on that exit ramp...

We are different heights it seems but the same weight. I hope to go back to that roller coaster on opening weekend in May and ride The Superman. We can do this!
Old 12-31-2011, 08:08 AM   #11  

oh yeah, you have quite a few inches on me girl!
*wonders what it feels like to be 5'8"*
Old 12-31-2011, 03:05 PM   #12  

hahaha. More like 5' 7.5" now...I am shrinking!