South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 06:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday's SBD Chat for 12/21

Is today the first day of winter? I'm all mixed up, but I think it is, although we're having very mild weather here for the middle of December. I'd love it if it would stay mild for the entire winter, since our past several winters have been especially harsh.

Sorry for rambling, I think my brain is all addled. I got home at 7 last night and started right in with baking biscotti and making pizzelles, and finally turned off the kitchen light at 11. But then I had dreams of cookies dancing in my head all night. I just finished up the last batch of biscotti this morning and can finally sit down with a big mug of coffee.

So what's happening today?
Old 12-21-2011, 07:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh, Cottage, do you have a good biscotti recipe? I've always wanted to try it...

I am just not in the right mindset for resisting temptation this holiday! And, our break room is CHOCKED FULL of the junk. UGH!

I'm about to wrap a few more presents. DD's bday is tomorrow, I asked if she'd mind if I used Christmas paper. "Yes". DARNED it...I have to get bday paper now. I have gifts from friends and relatives everywhere (bless those that make it special for my kids, I really appreciate it), and I need to make a list to see what there is. We really didn't get the kids much, but there's a ton of stuff.

Off to work shortly, then the kids are off at noon....they'll probably be with me at work for an hour or two (with all that junk...they're worse at resisting than I am!!).

Mmmm...this coffee is GOOD today!
Old 12-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Linda - Seems about the right timing. Ah, cookie dreams.

Twynn - I'm struggling too. And mostly "losing." Just a bit longer...

DS2 made it home last night, late and grumpy about his flight. Headed out to meet friends after midnight. I'll do the dirty laundry he brought home once DH wakes since the washer/dryer are right below our bedroom. Today I'll go with both boys to the dermatologist to have their moles checked. Since I had melanoma, they are at 50% higher risk. Hopefully they'll keep up with this once they are officially out of the house. Then to the store with them to stock up on "their" foods. I'll try to keep blinders on. Maybe we'll squeeze in a bit of Hanukkah tonight. Book report - about 600 pages in with another 200 or so to go! Such a long book.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:17 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Coffee definitely good today! I have pottied and fed the dogs and am enjoying a mug with some sf hot chocolate added. I'm feeling a tad slothful after sleeping until 7:40 - if this keeps up, I may have to start setting an alarm - NOT!

Linda, I thought of you a lot yesterday as I made the pastry for my sausage rolls. I don't have to make tourtiere this year as I bought two ready-to-bake ones from a Church group who had a fundraiser. They are so handy in the freezer for that guy "Justin Case."

Twynn, I am with your DD. Folks with birthdays this time of year deserve special BD wrapping. My poor DD (Dec. 30) sometimes got a BD and Christmas combo gift which seemed really unfair.

Karen, you sound busy and happy to have your men back in the nest, laundry and all. Wise woman to get those moles checked - I should do the same. Happy second night of Hanukkah!

I am going to do more cooking this morning and then tiddle up the doggage for the Christmas lunch at the clinic with the pet therapy clients. They HAVE to wear Christmas bows at least for their entrance. Our paparaza (Margaret the local reporter) will be there as usual snapping away.

I must confess that Sierra brought a tin of goodies last night for tree decorating and I did indulge. ** Sigh ** but 'tis the season!

On we go. The days are supposed to get longer now so we're over the hump of the dark, not just the hump of the week.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

HI chicks, crawling to the beach, flopping on the towel, everybody stay away, so sick....
Coffee is very good today, DH brought some Community coffee back from AL, but it hurts to swallow it. Don't worry, I WILL get it down. I made a few batches of cookies and portioned them out unbaked and stuck them in the freezer. DH and the kids have been baking up a few each night as they want them and it's working great. They bake just as many as they want to eat, and none sitting around to tempt me. I'll bake up the rest this weekend to take to my mom's for Christmas dinner.
I totally blew my Christmas budget, and I can't figure out why. I strictly stuck to budget for the kids, but all the other stuff really added up, postage more than I expected, etc. We were way ahead of schedule with our Christmas family calendars, but then on December 8 they fell into a black hole in the D.C. post office and haven't been seen since. If I get them, I'll have to ship the fastest possible, and they will still have them late, as usual.
Just got a call that DS needs to be picked up sick, oh well, I was expecting this. I just hope DH doesn't get sick, he leaves for the Philippines on the 26th and it will be an extra miserable long flight if he's hacking and sneezing.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone!

I thought I'd posted earlier, but apparently my sketchy internet connection must not have seen it all the way through. Oh, well, too many skiers passing through.

I have a true home day and we accomplished the major decision of how and when we'd finish the dining room floor. It will be after the bling tree comes down and it will be hand sanded (by moi) to avoid the whole house disaster of a drum sander.

We had a healthy lunch and I have thought of all sorts of places I could "go" today, but I've decided I will sit downstairs and "own" what needs to be done here. Row 1:* I will do and I will knit.* Directions: Follow row 1 from ** until done. My first guests arrive Christmas Eve.

Reading everyones posts it's such a hard time of year with food. I've decided to take a 1 day break from goodies and eat totally OP. Tomorrow will come soon enough.

Hope you're all having a good day.

Jenn and Schmoodle, I hope you're both feeling better very soon!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Hi Chickies!

I showed up here this morning, but as soon as I got here, Jeff came in and wanted to chat. He's usually not so chatty in the morning.

Linda, I'd be hazardous in the kitchen at 11 p.m.

Twynn, I work hard to keep Auston's birthday (12/17) separate from Christmas, too. But, he would be glad for his present to be wrapped in a Walmart bag.

Karen, Hooray for having your family together for the holidays.

Ruth, I don't remember the last time MY alarm clock woke me up. Jeff's alarm wakes me up occasionally -- usually around 4:30. He's not my favorite on those days.

Schmoodle, I am so sorry you are sick! Do you have strep? I've been drinking Community Breakfast Blend. It's very nice.

Debbie, Hand-sanding hardwood floors -- sounds painful!

Today was Auston's last day of school. At dinner tonight he informed us, "When I go back to school in two weeks, I'll still be in the 2nd grade." Tomorrow is my last day of work till Tuesday. I'm ready for a few days off. Karen, Can I bring my laundry to your house?
Closed Thread