South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 05:26 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Daily Chat - Tuesday, December 6

Good morning. I could have started this at 2:30 but tossed and turned in bed for an hour before getting up. So silly! I seem to have two or three good solid nights of sleep and the a nuit blanche. I really think our brains should be removable at night.

The Quilting Biddies pot-luck lunch went well, probably because the Negative Nellies did not make it. The food was just great and I was able to eat myself around some of the more devastating dishes. My rum cake was a hit and I sent all the leftovers home for the "hubbies".

Today's first chore on the list is to get that parcel mailed off to my DD on Vancouver Island and then I will be delivering citrus fruit that arrived from Florida yesterday - a fund-raiser for the high school. The oranges are huge and absolutely delicious - I just had one! At noon I head for Kingston for a re-check with my periodontist and will to pop into HomeSense to get a gift card for my darling DIL. I won't linger in town though as it's going to rain all day and I don't want to repeat the freeway in the dark, rain and home-going rush again!

So wakey! Wakey! Time to start the day, Beachies!
Old 12-06-2011, 06:30 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning Ruth! Sounds like a fun day for you. I got up early this morning and exercised. How come I always feel so good after but have a hard time motivating myself?? I listened to my own music while I watched a Leslie Sansone video. Seemed to work well. I need to get some very lightweight (like 2-3 lb.) barbells to work the arms at the same time.

I decided to try being wheat free after the weekend. I ate so much food that is not on my own personal plan and really felt sick yesterday. Since adding more carbs back into my diet I've been a little too free with certain things containing white flour, and lazily accepting a manufacturer's word when they say "whole wheat" even when I know it's probably not true. I figure if I give up wheat that pretty much leaves me with only good carbs to eat if I stay away from white rice (which can someone explain to me why it is the same glycemic load as brown rice?). I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes.

On tap for today: work, and then my centering prayer group tonight. I'm debating whether to leave work early today since I didn't yesterday. I think I might! Then I can come home and get some things taken care of that didn't get done last night. My husband got his vacation pick yesterday (meaning: he got to select his vacation for next year after all the guys with more seniority chose first). Of course the summer and school holidays are not available, but we got a week in May and I think we'll go to Niagra Falls for a long weekend!

Hope everyone has a great day today...
Old 12-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the great coffee, Ruth. I could go for a good orange, perhaps I should have ordered a case. The last ones I got at the grocery were mealy, and were pricey, to boot! I'm glad the luncheon was fun yesterday.

The painters were at the house yesterday and I couldn't get anything done, so I spent the time finishing up my Christmas cards and ran out to get stamps and got them in the mail. One more thing crossed off my list. I guess today will be spent putting the house back together and dragging the decorations down from the attic. The girls have piano and gymnastics after school today, so the tree will have to wait, though.

It's still pitch dark outside, and I think it's raining. I think I'll take some leftover broccoli soup for my lunch to ward off the chill.

ETA -

Morning, Matilda! You sound happy and energized this morning! Niagara Falls sounds like a wonderful place to spend a long weekend, and try to include the wine trail if you have time. It's well worth it.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 12-06-2011 at 06:48 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday from Rainy Remlap!

Ruth, I'm sure the hubbies appreciated the rum cake. Mine would have.

Mathilda, I've tried to explain to my FIL the difference between 'wheat' and '100% whole wheat'. He still buys wheat and says it's healthy enough.

The therapist in my office had knee replacement surgery yesterday. She will be out of the office till mid-January. Her program brings most of the 'foot-traffic' through my office. It's going to be a very quiet month. I have a backlog of filing to do and I'll get it done this month.

I told Auston that he could have one treat after dinner. He chose a piece of pizza left over from this weekend. That boy!
Old 12-06-2011, 07:19 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's rainy and gray here too but I'm not complaining. It's normally 20 degrees colder this time of year and that wouldn't be rain

Ruth - I hate those nights. I usually wake up around 1 and finally get back to sleep 2-3 hours later. Hope the coffee holds out today.

Matilda - congratulations I do find it easier to avoid "small" off plan moments if I just don't eat wheat. Run away from all the gluten free stuff too. It's usually a ridiculous mix of starches but people seem to think it's healthy. I've read a lot of mixed stuff about rice. I actually like brown better but I'm curious too.

Cottage - sounds like you made the most of your day yesterday. Hope today is another good one.

Chel - Auston is a boy after my heart. There's something to be said for choosing real food over a sugary dessert
My parents just don't get the whole grain thing. No matter how many times my Mom tells me she has bread I can eat and I take one look at the label and explain I can't that one seems to get her every time.
Enjoy the quiet at work.

DW is sleeping in for once. Unfortunately I'm going to need to wake her up so we can get her car to the garage. It's getting its snow tires on today. She hasn't driven much since mid-September so we never got around to taking care of that. This afternoon we visit the surgeon for a check-in. While we are there I'm going to make sure we also have a neuro appt. We should have had one set when she left the hospital but they aren't as responsive as I'd like. It's always something

Meanwhile I have my 1/21 conference all planned and the programs, registration, etc all done. Now to finish off the pieces for 2/4. I'm looking forward to nothing but clean-up from next week through the holidays

Off to pour another coffee, wake DW up and get Twosday moving.

Last edited by CyndiM; 12-06-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:49 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Slept in and I'm off to get ready for work. It's 0 degrees here. Brrr!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:27 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning all,

Got to work early (grumble) but now I can do personals!

Ruth - yummy! Have a good day.
MMc - sounds like a good plan. Don't know the answer to brown/white rice question though
Cottage - thanks for the reminder about Christmas cards!!!!!
Chelby - per your question yesterday, can you maybe limit him to maybe three choices for "treats" and better regulate those choices?
Cyndi - hope the check-in for both DW and the car goes well!
Debbie -

As for me, I have an event at the National Press Club to get to this morning. Lots of goings on at work - which might explain my mini binge last night (which I confessed to in the menu thread). Not good stuff either. Though I just got a text that DW got a promotion and raise. Geesh, I need to get out of non-profits!!!!!

have a great day all! Happy Two-sday!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:35 AM   #8  

Good Morning,

Boy, everyone is busy busy busy. I have a thumb doctor appt this morning and then off to work. We got about 2 inches of snow on the ground so I am sure more is to follow.

Ruth sound like you had a good time with your quilting buddies, I know how good food and quilters tend to mix well!

Cottage, that reminds I have to get going on finishing my cards. Where does the time go!

Well I am hoping for a better day today than I had yesterday, too much stress in the air. I want calm. So, I am skipping the coffee today!
Old 12-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey Debbie, have a nice day. Mathilda, ur vacay spot sounds cool. I ate too much yesterday also, but today is a new day. Blessings everyone!
Closed Thread