South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 05:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default November 4 South Beach Diet Chat

Happy Friday. It seems like years since I've started a chat! I got my apartment cleaned up, fridge stocked with nutritious foods. I'm happy. I plan to go see Immortal next week, it looks good. I've been having trouble sleeping lately. I know it's important to get enough sleep, but I can't force these things, ya know.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:10 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Okie,
Thanks for getting us started, its' good to hear from you. I need coffee! Be back in a bit.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/180/159

Height: 5'4"

BellaLucia, it's funny that you've had trouble sleeping. I have to! I'm constantly tired and I think I might be grinding my teeth in my sleep because my front teeth are very sore.
I am feeling super motivated this week! Friday is the start of the weekend and it's also Eid on Sunday (hopefully) so we've got a super long weekend of partying and stuff! I've already decided not to drink, I think that's a big trigger for me.
I won a pair of Levis jeans online a week ago and they're super expensive here (over double the US price, I checked) so I'm very excited! I tried some on and ordered a smaller size I really wanna be able to wear them by the time I go on my birthday trip in March.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

OKIE!! So good to see you pop in! HOpe you are doing well, and visit often!

MMCK - Did you get your coffee? Just started sipping mine...

Skinny - I'm so cheap, um I mean frugal, I probably wouldn't wear jeans!!

Sitting here with my little boy catching up on everyone. I have another longer day, then off for the weekend. We have a hayride/bonfire tonight for the kids' school, they're having hot dogs (I really don't even like them) so I'll probably eat something at home first.

So far, I've done 3 days of exercise, which is a great improvement for me lately! I'll take today off since my quads are sore from the bike ride, and am considering doing a 4 mile race tomorrow. We'll see what the family thinks!

Enjoy your coffee!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Happy Friday! WooHoo!!!

Bella, I'm sorry you couldn't sleep. Have you tried taking an aspirin before bed? It helps me sleep.

Mathilda, I'm considering getting an automatic coffee machine, so coffee can be ready when I get up. Let's get the infusion started!

Skinny, Did you win the jeans in a contest or in an auction?

My supervisor is taking vacation today and all of next week. My boss is new and 'doesn't know jack', so I'll probably be picking up a lot of slack. We'll survive...

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Tomorrow morning is the Veteran's Day parade and tomorrow afternoon, Auston and I are going to see Puss in Boots. Has anyone seen it yet?

I think the coffee is extra great on a Friday morning.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:05 AM   #6  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone!

It's the end of my first week back at work and, whilst I've enjoyed being back there, I feel absolutely exhausted! My eyes are so sore I've barely been able to keep them open in the evenings, but when I've gone to bed I can't sleep either!! It's so frustrating!! Needless to say, I'm looking forward to a nice lazy lie-in tomorrow morning, but knowing my luck I'll wake really early!

Just two more days of Phase 1 to go ... I'm really looking forward to moving onto Phase 2. I haven't really found it too difficult to give up the things that I've overdosed on in the past ... pasta, rice, bread, potatoes, etc. and I can't really say that I've craved them at all. I am, however, very much looking forward to being able to have a bit of fruit again. Although I've never really been a fruit fanatic, I always did try to eat it regularly as part of a balance diet, but I'd sometimes go for a couple of days without having any at all. I'm not craving anything really, but just looking forward to being able to add a bit more variety to my diet. I am, however, very much looking forward to having more choice for breakfast ... I've always liked eggs, but I must confess that right now, if I never see another egg again, it'll be too soon!

Now, a little hurdle that I need to get over tomorrow ... We've been invited out to dinner tomorrow evening at a friend's house, so it's not like going to a restaurant where I get to choose what I have to eat ... I have no idea what she'll be cooking, and I haven't told anyone, apart from my immediate family that I'm on the SBD. So, I really hope that whatever she's cooking, I'll be able to eat something! I'd hate to offend someone by not eating what they've spent hours preparing for guests How does anyone else cope with these situations?

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Last edited by Fat in Hong Kong; 11-04-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:05 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Bella. Nice to "see" you again. It sounds like you are well settled in sunny California.

Chelby, thanks for the reminder that it's Friday! Now my coffee tastes extra great.

Mathilda, forgot to say how nice it is to see you back here in the mornings.

Skinny, exactly where in the desert are you? Can you tell us? Great luck on the jeans. Enjoy!

Twynn, I can take or leave hot dogs but you'd have to hold me back if they were serving burgers. I just realized I've not used my big BBQ all summer - even for beer can chicken.

Well, last night's Fair Board AGM had fireworks! A change in the executive is long overdue and it happened. The current Secretary/Managed swished out and managed to burn his bridges by swearing at a couple of honorary Directors. That news will be all over the Village this morning. We will survive though. William, who ran the Fair for years, has agreed to take over the job and the Treasurer will continue. Whew! It really was a most unpleasant event but I'm glad we got through it.

Feeling a bit cruddy this morning, maybe because I was freezing in bed last night. Closing the window at 4 a.m. helped as did a cold capsule a few minutes ago. I have a few things to get done this morning but no plans for tonight so an early bed may fix me up just fine.

Anyhow it's TGIF so let's enjoy!
Old 11-04-2011, 07:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/180/159

Hi Ruth,

I'm from Dubai. Well, I live here and my dad is from here. My mom's from California, though
Old 11-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Thanks, Skinny. The "desert" is a big place!

Hi Nicola. Yes, dinner at a friend's house is tricky. If it's buffet, there will probably be something you can manage and maybe ease into Phase II. Let's hope that's the case and that there is salad. If it's a plated meal, it'll be tricky.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:23 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Okie(BellaLucia), thanks for getting us started this morning. Sorry you're having a difficult time getting your rest. Take care!

Skinny, good for you deciding not to drink this weekend. It's sure a trigger for me. You'll have lots of fun without it!

Chelby, funny when you know more than the boss. I hope everything goes smooth.

Twynn, good for you getting back into your exercise groove. The hayride sounds fun!

Matilda, see you shortly!

Ruth, ouch for an emotional meeting. I guess it is a way to make sure you don't get suckered into the job again. I hope you don't get the crud...take it easy!

FIHK, do you have any prior experience with dinner at this person's home? It is sure tough when you're trying to finish out P1. Could you offer to bring wine and ask what's being served? Maybe you'd get a little bit of information. At best, it will be SBD friendly and at worst you could take very small portions, skip the bread and skip dessert (or ask kindly if you could take it home for later-citing you're just too full) For me, sugar is the worst offender for my starting the craving issue over again.

I'm in the middle of family "stuff". My goal today is to eat healthy, get some unfinished projects crossed off my list and to not "eat over" the things I cannot change. I work tomorrow then come right home to host my sister's birthday dinner.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #11  

Good Morning Ladies,

Everyone is busy as unusal. Today I think will be a PJ day for me, I am wearing PJ's all day long, except when I take the dogs for a walk. It is my last day of vacation, so I am going to enjoy it.

I stayed on plan all week, except for some onion rings yesterday, but I am proud of myself.

Hope everyone has a super Friday.

Chickadeee
Old 11-04-2011, 07:36 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning What a busy morning here. Sounds like there's plenty of "stuff" in the air everywhere. I hope it all resolves today and everyone has a relaxing weekend.

Not much going on here. DW is off for her last day of work for at least a month and I'm making a list for my last alone time for awhile. Doesn't really make that much of a difference but it will be awhile before my schedule is my own again.

Off to get snow tires on the car. It doesn't look like I will need them for awhile but I don't want to take a chance of bad roads while DW is in the hospital. I want to be able to get up there every day and bring her healthy meals (and how does it make sense that in order to get healthy meals IN the hospital that they need to be delivered?!).

The first conference is breathing down my neck and it's time to get the scheduling done for the two after so a busy day here and lots of email traffic for the next week.

We are still hoping to squeeze in a trip to the coast this weekend, probably Sunday. The weather looks perfect!
Old 11-04-2011, 07:39 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning and happy TGIF!

I slept in and now I'm just sipping my coffee and catching up with you all. It seems many of us are plagued with sleep problems, but it's nice to have you start us up, BellaLucia. And it sounds like your meeting was quite interesting, Ruth. I know I would have had a hard time trying to fall asleep after that incident!

I may run into the city this morning for a trip to Penzey's. I have several coupons for freebies that I want to use, plus replenish some spices. This afternoon I have a GYN appointment that I've already canceled twice, so I'd better make it today. Ugh.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:42 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Cyndi, thanks for the reminder. I need to get my snow tires on too. My car guru says they should go on by November 11 and off by St Patrick's Day, snow or no snow. Something to do with the roads being cold. I also need to have them on before I drive to PA later this month.

Linda, the problem has been brewing for a couple of years. It was most unpleasant but I think things will be better now.

It's very cold out there. TMI but if you pee on your rope out there it freezes. Just thought you'd like to know.

This has been a public service announcement by Jazz the Tsvetnaya Bolonka.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, my thanks to Jazz for sharing that bit of useful information.
Closed Thread