3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Beach Chatter - Friday, Octobrrrrrrrr 28 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/246044-beach-chatter-friday-octobrrrrrrrr-28-a.html)

chickadeee55 10-28-2011 05:55 PM

Happy Friday Afternoon,

Ruth you wore me out just reading your post!

Cindi don’t even mention snow yet, I prefer to wait til December!

Mathilda, Hi, it will be interesting to learn how your SB goes with just vegetables. I know I am eating more veggies now than ever, and I ask myself why I never ate black beans before, because I love them.

Linda, those dogs. That reminded me of our lab when she was young, ate one and a half pumpkin pies off the stove – she never did that again! And oh, no! not the snow shovels yet!

Debbie thank you for the link. I am just going to use a Oster blender and whip something up. (my DH is thinking Vitamix, I told him calm down)(he loves anything with power).

Pear fairy, oh I love cutting boards and I like all different sizes. It is good to have a source.

Jenn relax for a while after your trip and not feeling good. I use to love grits.

Kate yes, enjoy PB it was like a treat for me on P1.

I had mentioned a while ago that I picked up some savannah bars from an all natural bakery. They are to die for, and they are made from 100% whole grains and fruit and they have brown sugar in them. So I thought I can eat these once a week as a spec treat. So, I asked the owners for the nutritional list, it took her three days to come up with this, they have 600-700 calories in each bar. My heart dropped, so much for coming from an all-natural bakery that only uses 100% whole grains. (they must also use 100% pure sugar and butter) Needless, to say, I may have to settle for just smelling one, once in awhile!

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Chickadeee

Fat in Hong Kong 10-29-2011 02:53 AM

Hello everyone! I'm not sure whether to say 'Good Morning' or 'Good Evening', as I believe that I'm about half a day ahead of you all ... for me, it is Saturday lunchtime, but I think you are all still tucked up in bed in the wee small hours of Friday/Saturday and I'm posting too early for the Saturday Chat thread.

Anyway, just wanted to pop along and say how pleased I am with SBD so far. I'm now on Day 6 of Phase 2 and couldn't wait any longer to weigh myself as I actually 'feel' like I've lost weight and needed to know! I hopped on the scales and was delighted to discover that I've lost 7lbs already!!! I can't believe it! It has certainly given me the motivation I need to carry on.

I feel like I've made a whole new start. I moved house in July, out into the countryside, and because I now live much further away from my work place, I reluctantly decided to resign from my job of 9 years, as I wasn't happy about all the extra travelling involved (and earlier mornings ... I am so not a morning person!). However, I've been so bored at home and didn't realize how much I would miss my job and work colleagues:( To cut a long story short, the new employee who took over my job has unexpectedly had to resign after only a short time ... and I've been asked if I'd consider returning ... I start my old job again on Monday!:D So, a new home, a new/old job, and a new lifestyle ... Life's not bad!

I'll look out for the Saturday Chat thread later ... maybe I'll catch it before I go to bed!