3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Beach Chatter - Friday, Octobrrrrrrrr 28 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/246044-beach-chatter-friday-octobrrrrrrrr-28-a.html)

Ruthxxx 10-28-2011 06:21 AM

Beach Chatter - Friday, Octobrrrrrrrr 28

And Octobrrrrrr it is indeed! It's well below freezing and I was just in time bringing in the last houseplant from the porch. There will be a lot of pruning, cleaning and maybe cutting back happening in the kitchen today. Right now it looks like a jungle.

Donna will be here today , all being well. She had to send a friend to the hospital yesterday with a suspected heart attack and spent most of the day with her in town. The friend, Bob the Diner owner's mother, is OK for now but is sure going to have to change her lifestyle if the "now" is going to be much longer. Eating every meal at the Diner is not a great idea when you are overweight and diabetic!

Anyhow, I spent most of the day organizing and even clearing some of the work on my desk. I felt like I was actually working a 9 to 5 job! It sure feels good to be rid of the backlog. Now to deal with the "front"log of bills to be paid.

A reminder just popped up about making some squares for tomorrow night's Halloween dance at the Fair Hall. I may make a single batch and donate some of my Christmas cookie stash from the freezer. We'll see how today unfolds.

In the meantime, have a coffee with the dogs and me. They're both asleep on the couch but will wake up when you pet them.

TGIF! :cofdate:

CyndiM 10-28-2011 06:31 AM

Good morning :coffee2: Well winter sent the warning shot across our bow last night. It was just a dusting here, snizzle as my friend says, but one road was closed because commercial vehicles slid around and blocked the road. Apparently there was also an accident on the interstate. The first few always catch us. There's a bigger storm headed this way Saturday night :( I am never ready and this year is no exception.

Ruth - I could use some of that organizing energy. Have any to spare?
I wish my cats would take lessons from your dogs. Apparently 5:30 was run around the house time so no going back to sleep for us. Little monsters.

Much the same plan as yesterday - work, cleaning, some errands then off to meet a friend for wine and catch-up at 5. Happy Friday friends

Mmckellen 10-28-2011 06:38 AM

Hey everyone,
I missed all my friends here! I'm going to start posting again...I just have to do some research on how to do SB as a vegetarian since I've mostly switched over to that (occasionally having an egg/kefir or yogurt/chicken). Also, I really can't eliminate carbs to do a full phase 1, although I think I probably need it, so I've got to get my head in place to actually start on Phase 2 to lose weight. I might need to track with points too; we'll see. I miss logging my food here and getting ideas and feedback from everyone.

As for my life, everything is good. My mom is improving on her new medication and also going to be getting involved with a physical therapy program directed at people with Parkinson's (LSVT Big) which seems have some remarkable results. My husband and son are all good thank god. Work is good and pretty calm, and I think my boss had a lobotomy because for the last couple of months she's been very reasonable. So it's all good! Looking forward to being back in touch with everyone here. I'm going to start my new plan on Monday so I'll start posting on the on plan thread then.

CyndiM 10-28-2011 06:42 AM

Mathilda! It's so good to see you. Sounds like life has finally settled down for awhile. Welcome back :hug:

pear_fairy 10-28-2011 07:07 AM

Ruth- Good morning and yes it is getting cold here in Michigan too!!! Brrrrr. Enjoy that coffee I will be having mine as soon as I get to work!

Cyndi-yikes to the snizzle! That is the worst as yes it is the stuff that makes the roads just slick enough for crashes to happen a bit too easily! Stay safe!

Mathilda- good for you for going mainly vegetarian! Hubby and I try to eat veg quite a bit for both health and financial reasons! Although some veg stuff tends to be pricey! You can do it!

Well we tried the lentil soup recipe that came on back of the lentil bag last night and it was really good, I did omit lemon though as I am just not a fan of lemon in with savory flavors. I dumped more than they called for on the cumin and turmeric and may even be a bit heavier handed next time around (I like flavor!). Off to work but I will for sure be checking in as our office turns into ghost town on Fridays!

cottagebythesea 10-28-2011 07:14 AM

Good morning! :coffee: And, Matilda, welcome back!

Right now I'm not feeling too kindly concerning pets, and I'm really glad I don't have them waking me up in the morning. I was ready to pack up Cindy's dogs and ship them all out, yesterday. I had 3 big pans of brownies cooling on the counter, and I covered them with dishtowels and propped up the cooling racks in front of them while I went upstairs for 5 minutes to switch clothes from the washer to the dryer, and those sorry creatures got into them and demolished 2 full pans. It was like they were just waiting for me to leave the room. :mad: So then I called Cindy up from the barn, and helped her hold each of the dogs while she poured peroxide down their throats to make them throw up, and then had to clean everything with Lysol. Cindy gets mad when I confine the dogs to the mudroom, but I told her from here on out, that's where I'm locking them when I bake. :mad: Then I had to run out to the store for more brownie mix. It's kind of funny though, that all 4 dogs were walking around with their heads down and their tails between their legs and wanting me to pat them the rest of the day. ;)

OK, on with today! I THINK I'm supposed to keep Tyler this morning, but I haven't heard from my DIL, so I don't know what's up with that. I have grocery shopping and the usual Friday cleaning and laundry, and I guess I should make sure the snow shovels are handy and remind Jake to get gas for the snowthrower. Yes, it's supposed to hit us tomorrow, too. :)

Chelby29 10-28-2011 07:39 AM

I'm running late this morning, so just a quick Happy Friday! :)

Linda, I would have given the dogs a good kick before Cindy got in the house...

Later, Chickies!

Lexxiss 10-28-2011 08:03 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

For whatever reason, I wasn't able to open the daily yesterday. :shrug: Everything else at 3FC worked. I did email Cyndi to say hi.

Kirk brought 6 cutting boards over yesterday. They are spectacular gifts and I sold 4 and took orders for 3 more. We had the day lined up with events and got home late. Today I'll show cutting boards again, head to the pool then have a quiet night at home before we head back over early tomorrow so I can work. It's been a nice break for us.

Linda, what a mess with the dogs! I haven't had a counter eater for years but still remember the agony! It's good Cindy was home.

Ruth, nice job getting that backlog cleaned off your desk!

Cyndi, have fun with your friend.

pear fairy, glad you liked the lentil soup. I have a recipe posted here which uses lemon with the lentils but I only like it in the spring. Happy Friday at your ghost town called work.

Matilda, I was just thinking about you yesterday and was going to email a hi. I'm glad to hear that you're back with us. How did DS's tonsilectomy go? I'm wondering if it will help him not get sick so often.

Chelby, :wave:

Chickadeee, here's a link to the protein powder I use, which doesn't have soy OR whey, neither which I consume. http://store.veganessentials.com/pea...mix-p1322.aspx

Ok, I'm off to a great and beachy day!

:wave: everyone else!

pear_fairy 10-28-2011 08:42 AM

Linda- OMG on the dog counter surfing! Naughty pup!!! I have a 3 year old boxer and although he is a terrible begger (especially with the toddler) he has yet to snatch anything off the counter!

Chelby- Happy Friday to you too! It has been a LONG week for this girl for sure!

Debbie-what type of cutting boards? My dad always gives me free corian ones since he installs corian and granite and such so he will occasionally make up cutting boards from his extras :) I love those ones that are the different colors of wood blended together!

Lexxiss 10-28-2011 09:18 AM

pear fairy, these are wood, mostly from scraps put together artistically. DH was a boatbuilder in his previous life and does amazing things with wood. I wish your dad were here to fix my countertops.:lol:

jenne1017 10-28-2011 10:54 AM

Morning all,

Home and exhausted. So much goes on at these things that it really knocks the wind out of me. I am working from home today...and I could go back to sleep!

:wave:

Lots to catch up on this morning. Plus, I am waiting for the side effects from eating THE BEST GRITS IN THE WORLD last night (my only "cheat" the entire 3 days).

pear_fairy 10-28-2011 11:09 AM

Debbie-those sound really cool!!!

Jenne-I think it would be sooo hard to work from home (the bed would def tempt me!) I find it hard enough to do homework and have to lock myself in the basement with no temptation of the bed or the tv hahha

kittykat1 10-28-2011 12:25 PM

Hey everybody :)

I feel lucky as over here in England it's not that cold - in fact the sun has been shining all day and i haven't even thought about turning my heater on yet!! Hope it keeps up as i hate cold weather :) SBD going good for me today - still in phase 1 - really missing white bread as that is my weakness but holding out!
I have a small question - how bad is peanut butter in phase 1?
Kate :)

cottagebythesea 10-28-2011 01:17 PM

:wave: to Kate across the Atlantic! Somerset is such a beautiful area, you are so fortunate to live there. :) Nut butters are fine for Phase 1, just make sure it's an all-natural PB with no sugar or less than 2 grams of it. I have nut butter almost every day, and sometimes I enjoy it right off the spoon.

ultimatebea 10-28-2011 02:39 PM

GREAT day, everyone. Enjoying the sun for now, as tomorrow looks to be REALLY nasty . . . .

Food is going well, kinda back on Phase 1 to get myself in gear . . . I plan for about a week on.

Be well -