Coconut oil?

• Picked some up at my health food store. Do you use it?

I've found conflicting reports as to whether or not this should be used on the South Beach Diet.

My trainer has recommended it and the benefits seem good.

Thoughts?
  • I tried it several years ago out of curiosity, but I prefer olive oil better. The benefits are similar, and olive oil is much cheaper.
  • I use extra virgin coconut oil. I do prefer the olive oil but for certain things - like when I make indian food or something, I like the coconut oil. Just make sure you get the extra virgin type because if you get plain coconut oil its just as bad a corn oil. I've read a lot of people like it on eggs, i dont, but its another idea. Some people really believe in the health effects that they eat tablespoons just like that! ughh i couldnt imagine that! But its a nice very healthy alternative.

As far as it being okay on SB, im not sure....I do know its healthy, I use it in the same amount I would use any olive oil on SB and I have been losing like a fiend!
  • I've been reading a lot about the health benefits of it lately & may try it.
  • I prefer olive oil myself, I only use coconut oils when I am making my herbal skincare concoctions lol. Never thought to actually eat it.