South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 06:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default SBD Wednesday Chat for 8/24

Good morning, Chickies! Time to rise and shine and start a brand new day!

I experienced my first earthquake yesterday, and that's the big news around here. I was up in the 3rd floor playroom with Maggie, and poor Audrey was downstairs in the livingroom by herself when the house starting shaking and vibrating. It felt just like when your washing machine is off balance, except 50 times worse. Thank goodness Audrey had the good sense to run outside, and was relieved when we found her. Nothing was damaged or fell off the shelves, and now the girls think the whole experience was pretty cool.

It will be interesting to see what today brings.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cottage - I was so upset I was driving, so I felt nothing! I missed the biggest thing to happen in the northeast! LOL...I got to work, and all the employees were outside, just chattering away, and I had to ask what all the drama was about!! They thought at first the foundation on our old building was going!!

Today is another beautiful morning, I even have a blankie out. This is near perfect weather, it could be a few degrees cooler in the afternoon, thanks.

Having a quick catch up on the internet, then off to make my first bowl of chili since last spring. WOO HOO!

Last edited by TwynnB; 08-24-2011 at 06:40 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:44 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning The day started at 4 am (not by choice) so I don't know where it's going. I do know there will be lots and lots of coffee!

Cottage & Twynn - I was driving too and didn't even know about the earthquake until I got home.

Basically the same day as yesterday but in my old stomping grounds. Should be fun seeing everyone.

I have to get some squash into the dehydrator tonight. I am soo behind this year. Maybe I'll buy a bushel just to make myself get to it.

Happy Hump Day
Old 08-24-2011, 07:04 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi there, EarlyChicks! I managed a whole night without a potty break - TMI, I know Even the dog alarm didn't go off so they must have been tired too.

Cottage, so glad all is well with you and your other family. That must have been really frightening for you all.

Twynn, I loved having to sleep with a blankie last night. Maybe the cooler weather will inspire em to make a quilt for ME! I'm wearing a sweater over my robe at the moment but we are going to get warmer later today.

Cyndi, I think of you every time I use the dehydrator which is often these days. I am just slicing and drying my tomatoes, seeds and all and hoping they make good dippers for hummus, etc. I'll tackle squash a bit later in the season and may have to brain-pick from you a bit.

Today is looking pretty good with just a dental appointment for tooth cleaning at 10 and the rest of the day is self-inflicted! I am going to strive for a balance between my own things and Mill accounting. Things will ease a bit for the accounting soon as the summer students are migrating back into their real lives. I really, really need to shorten some fall things so I can pitch the old ones when I do the wardrobe switch.

Tomatoes continue to rule my life but green beans are trying to horn in too. I may try to do a batch of dilled beans today or tomorrow. I am trying to spend as little time as possible on my leg and it seems most cooking jobs are standing up ones!

Time for a green Monster made with blueberries and then I'll catch up on three months of flossing. New hygienist today so I need to impress her.

Happy Hump Day - and if you get a hump ....never mind!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:34 AM   #5  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning Cottage, Twynn, Cindi and Ruth
What a beautiful morning, I can feel fall in the air. I was at my desk yesterday when the building started shaking. I joked with my co-workers that it takes an earthquake to get a break in our company. That one was small compared to the one in the '80s, but still a strange feeling.
I hope all is well this Hump Day and staying OP for everyone is successful.
I have to run to get ready for work. Bye!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:36 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Chris, I love to see your smiling face in the Daily!
Old 08-24-2011, 08:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Hope all those who experienced the earthquake are okay. My facebook and twitter feeds were filled with news... my first experience with social media really helping me know what's going on that I'd actually WANT to know!

Off to the gym with my mom. Last time for a couple weeks; she leaves for Scandinavia today. I'll have to find motivation to do strength training on my own

DH and I are babysitting our 1-year old great-nephew today. I'm exhausted just thinking about it! My house is so not baby-proofed anymore. But at least we still have toys around.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

good morning! Busy day at work today, have only had time to eat a couple hard boiled eggs so far.hopefully I'll find a minute to have something else before the restaurant opens! Glad everyone is okay post-quake!

Have a great day all!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:09 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

everyone! I agree with Ruth, it's great to see both Chris and southmplsgirl here at the daily! For me, it's my most reliable daily check in.

I had a wake up from 11-2, so I put all the furniture back from the carpet cleaning. Then I slept again until 6. Oh, well.

We're off to the pool then to the dentist(both of us). Fortunately, I just need a cleaning...DH not so lucky. I don't know what's in store later. I rearranged a bit in the living room, post Rudi. We had everything arranged so he'd have a clear path, as he was always tripping and running into stuff. I still miss my old pup. I put the puzzle table back up, hoping I can use a new puzzle for some snack free down time. Hmm...a sign of the changing seasons.

Have a great day everyone!

PS-I was trying to get creative with my masses of zucchini, then remembered, "I have a vita mix." I've started to incorporate a big chunk into my green smoothie in the am. It's working well.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:56 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

So glad to hear that all the Northern chickies are okay after the earthquake. I didn't know about until Hubby asked if I felt it and I was like uuhhh? They felt it in Chicago but we are 4 1/2 hours south of there.

Feels like I have not been here in forever but I am so swamped just don't have time for everything but I should be able to fit in 5 minutes to stop in.

I found out yesterday that my blood work came back that I am deficient in Vitamin D. The Doctor put me on a 5000 IU supplement for 3 months and them more blood work in November. I started researching what the symptoms are and it says that if you are low in Vitamin D that you will find it harder to lose weight, I am hopefully that this is the reason I cannot get the stinking scale to move.

Okay back to the grindstone, Have a great day everyone
Old 08-24-2011, 04:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

PearlRose, I'm going to the doc's in Oct. and I want to get my Vitamin D levels checked too! Good luck! Happy Hump Day!
Old 08-24-2011, 04:59 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Debbie - I love raw zucchini in my smoothie.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

FWIW - I've heard lack of Vitamin D is the "new diagnosis". Both my DH and father in law were diagnosed with it, and the supplement changed nothing. Personally, I'm a little hesitant for it as a diagnosis.
Closed Thread