South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 05:08 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Weekend Chat, July 30-31

Good Morning

It's hard to believe it's the end of July. Oh, well. Here in the mountains of Colorado we start to feel slight changes in our weather indicating change even though it's quite warm and sunny during the daylight hours. I noticed a bit of cool this morning when I took Bing out.

What's on your agenda this weekend? I'm up studying and formulating my plan for the water yoga class I'll teach during August. My first class is a week from Monday. I'll head to the pool to "practice" at 7:30. If you drop by you'll notice I'm the odd one talking to myself at the side of the pool with my eyes closed.

Stop by and chat... It's always nice to hear what everyone else has going on.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:20 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Not many changes here, Debbie, although I do notice the sunrise is later. The AC has certainly been working hard the past month.

Today I need to sit beside the pool with you. The week has just flow by and I have so much to do today, I don't have time to make a list so I'll just get on with it. I'm so looking forward to Linda's visit and getting to know her DD and grandDD a lot better. We are going to have fun and will report in with some of the details.

First thing I need to do another payroll cheque as I made out two for the same employee. She was pleased but Jessica wasn't! The Church bulletins were a struggle to print but I finally got one good copy and photocopied the thing. The printer from the Mill Office looks good but the connecting cable is wrong. I will just not print anything until I get that resolved.

So right now I am outta here to deliver the missing cheque and the Bulletins to the Church. Then I'll be home getting semi-organized for my company. I really miss Donna's weekly cleaning but Ted is quite ill and she is with him a lot.

Hmmm - maybe I'll make a list for Linda.

On with the day. My summer holiday starts tomorrow.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning girls,

I got up at 5 to check on the tomatoes in my dehyrator, and it was still pretty dark out. There are some slight changes in the weather, but it's still hot as blazes and the AC has been working overtime.

Debbie, I'm sure everyone is going to enjoy your class, and once word gets out, people will be clamoring to sign up for it. Enjoy your cool morning, and I hope the rest of the day doesn't get too hot.

Ruth, please extend my sympathies to Donna regarding her DH. Life must be pretty stressful for her right now. And don't wear yourself out getting ready for us tomorrow. I'm willing and able to roll up my sleeves and pitch in.

I have a few errands to run, some grocery shopping for Jake, the laundry, and packing to do today. I must make time to see Mom and Dad today, too, as I've been busy all week and they must be feeling neglected. I'm so thankful that Mom is feeling OK and coming along well, or else I'd never consider going away for a week. By this time tomorrow, Monica, Carley and I will be on our way to Ruthie's.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:54 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quote:
By this time tomorrow, Monica, Carley and I will be on our way to Ruthie's.
That makes it real! I'm relaxing already.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:10 AM   #5  

Old 07-30-2011, 07:15 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's going to be another hot day for traveling. I'll pack lots of water and map out the clean rest rooms along the way! I'm at the end of my Mom and Dad vacation and heading back home. I decided I needed one day to decompress, unpack, clean the house, etc before work. Right now it's just gathering things together, packing and cleaning up. I told Mom next visit I want her to make me a chore list. She mentioned last night that she wished she still had kids around to hire to do some yard stuff. Umm, hey, I could do that stuff! That's one of the reasons I visit (she thinks it's to shop )

Debbie - That class sounds fun. Wish I could attend!

Ruth & Cottage - I know I say this every year but I am so jealous! I know you will all have a great time together.

Cottage - Wave on your drive by!

Speaking of work - just the month of August left. I'm really ready to be done though wish I had something else lined up. The week before vacation my 80% work week was 54 hours away from home and a few more at home entering data, etc. Just a really good reminder of why I need to be done with this job. I will have a small consulting contract with them, hopefully enough to make my car payment. I'm going to really hit the ads (not that I haven't been) and start applying for PT jobs too. I'm lucky to live in VT so have access to health insurance through the state. That means I can really apply for anything or even piece a few things together. That might be more interesting because there are often interesting PT jobs out there. I'm liking the idea of a couple of weeks off before jumping into another job, so not feeling too rushed right now.

OKay, off to pack and clean the guest room before breakfast at Quack's (of course) then hitting the road. Happy weekend friends!
Old 07-30-2011, 07:35 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Glad to see the "gang" checking in this morning. Thanks for the kind thoughts regarding my class. Fortunately, I know all the participants since I've been in this class for 6 years now. We're all "pool friends" and I know they will be very patient with me. It would be fantastic, though, if any of you would care to join in. This class has been a great gift to me since my weight initially prevented me from enjoying the benefits of yoga on land. Most of the participants have human conditions, too, that benefit from a "practice" in the water; MS, rheumatoid arthritis, compromised hip and shoulder issues, knee and feet problems and obesity.

Ruth, lol on the double checks. I tried to wash my paycheck yesterday but caught it in the nick of time. I can't believe your houseguests will arrive tomorrow. Enjoy the anticipation as you scurry around today.

Linda, enjoy your anticipation, too, as you move through your home chores and spend time with your parents and DH. How is his rash? Improving, I hope.

Cyndi, I can't believe the week has gone by so fast and you're already heading home. Drive safe after enjoying "Quacks"

Ok, back to it. I've made great progress this morning and it looks like I have a hour or so to continue.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone,
Cottage, are you driving up to Ruth's, or flying? My cousin lives in Goderich Ont. and I wonder how long it would take us to drive out there. I think it's farther than Delta though.

Last night went out with a friend for dinner, and ate something funky - not sure what it was, but I woke up very nauseous in the night and had the runs pretty badly. I've been so anxious lately I wonder if it's just anxiety, or what. I'm still a little 'off' this morning but feeling better. I'm taking my son out to meet a friend and her two kids for breakfast (I'll just have coffee, I'm going to eat here) and then we're taking the kids to the playground for a bit. I've got a pedicure appointment at 2pm and then we're going out to dinner with friends.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 07:58 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Matilda! It sounds like you ate something funky! Hopefully the worst is over. I've been thinking of giving myself a pedicure this time around...now it's on my schedule. Enjoy yours!
Old 07-30-2011, 09:34 AM   #10  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Good mornig all! Hoping I might be able to join in for some mutual support in the dieting department. I am new to SB and need to lose about 25 pounds which I have gained back since losing 70 over the past three years.
I started out doing Sugar Busters, not because I was a diabetic, but I have always had an uncontrolable sweet tooth. Once the sugar got out of my system, I managed to go from 216 to 145. I have been yo-yoing between 150 and 175 for the past two years now and I want to stop. I'm sure it's putting a strain on my health and as I will be 50 on my next birthday, it's time to get real.
I want to use SB as a lifestyle. I think it is very balanced and easy to incorporate into everyday life. I just started working full time and feel that with all the options SB has, I can make it work.
Any suggestions during phase 1 would be greatly appreciated!
Enjoy this beautiful weekend!!
Old 07-30-2011, 11:46 AM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

WELCOME, Chris!!

it is lovely here . . . everyone is very supportive and really willing to help. There are great threads out there on Phase 1, and many people here have excellent menu suggestions.

Be well -
Old 07-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

bea!

chris! Lots of supportive beachers here who are living SBD as a lifestyle change...my Phase 1 advice...work within the parameters of approved foods to find foods you enjoy, if you get hungry-eat, incorporate dairy and beans on a daily basis, eat lots of veggies and come here every day. Hows that for a start? Seriously, I find that when I come here every day, I'll get here on the days I don't feel like it and need it the most. I'm planning to not gain it all back this time, and so far, I haven't, thanks to the support of this group.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good afternoon, chicks!

It's been one of those mornings for me. I had a crown pop off when I was flossing. The big surprise here is that it was NOT one of the THREE crowns that my dentist has told me will eventually need to be replaced. And it was on the "good" side of my mouth Been thinking about soft OP foods! Of to exercise more and try not to obsess about my tooth.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-30-2011, 03:20 PM   #14  

A big to Chris! We're happy to have you back on the Beach, and look forward to getting to know you!

Matilda, I'm driving to Ruth's, and it's an easy 6 1/2 hour drive from my house, not counting stops for food and gas. And since we'll have Carley with us, I'm sure they'll be plenty of potty stops. If all goes as planned, we should be rolling in there around this time tomorrow.

I got all my running around and visiting done, now all I have to do is the laundry and pack. But the Grands all just arrived to use the pool, so I'm going for a relaxing swim before I do anything else.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #15  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the welcome ladies! I have been reading a lot today about SBD and phase 1. I am very excited about the choices I see food wise. I will miss my sweet potato though. Looking forward to getting to know you all too!
Closed Thread