South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 06:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Daily Chat for 7/22

It's Friday! We made it!

I was supposed to have a long day today since Cindy had to work this morning and had a polo tournament in Maryland this afternoon, but everything was canceled because of the weather, even her morning appointments. So now I'm on call, instead, since the painters are there with their scaffolding and drop cloths, and I can't do anything. At least the girls are in camp all day, but I may have to pick them up, depending on how Cindy decides to spend her day. I'll have Tyler this morning, anyway, so it will be easier to watch him here.

The AC will be working hard today, as it's 86* already and the heat index is supposed to make it feel like 114* later.

Try to stay cool and drink plenty of fluids today, everyone!
Old 07-22-2011, 06:33 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for starting us up on this hot one, Cottage. Our ac has been working hard all night and will continue to work hard all day since I'll be home puttering around the house. We usually turn it off during the day, but NOT TODAY, especially since I plan to walk away some lbs. (with Leslie).

I weighed exactly the same today as I did last week (158.4) but I know I lost...maybe the scale will reflect it next week as I'm still hanging on to TOM weight. I changed my ticker anyway, just for kicks, and last night I rearranged our living room, just for a change. I think I like it! With varying decorating changes it had had the same configuration for about 6 years or maybe more. I think I'm going to want to make a cover for our tv unit, to hide the books and wires underneath, and I can get fabric at Joanne the next time we go to my parent's place.

On tap for today: I'm off work, so it will be drop son off at camp bus, go food shopping, come home and do laundry, exercise, clean the house and maybe get a quick nap in! Also pack for our weekend trip. Have a great day everyone...

Last edited by Mmckellen; 07-22-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:43 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've had a hard time getting here this morning...internet issues??

Thanks for getting us started, Linda. The only weather related news I seem to get these days is from all of you. It sounds like a hot one when scheduled events are cancelled. TGIF! Take care today.

Matilda, I forget where you're going this weekend. I hope you stay cool and get your nap in.

Me, looking East waiting for the sunrise. Painting is our first chore this morning. Then I have a tree guy coming to evaluate and possibly take down another tree. Then there seems to be a gigantic list of niggles between moms house and ours.

I've already packed and hauled 55# of coffee to the basement. My casual trip to Costco turned serious on Wednesday when I found our favorite coffee had been discontinued. I bought all they had left and am wondering how long it will last.

I still haven't finished unpacking...I'd better do that before it's time to repack and go. I dislike living out of boxes.

everyone and a special to Morgan.

I'm going to turn the computer off so I can get some work done.

Have a great day!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-22-2011 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning.

Cottage, I hope Tyler is relatively calm for Tyler - I've met this child! - and that the day goes smoothly. Will it be long before the reno is done on Cindy's house? I know what it's like to live and work in chaos.

Debbie, that's a huge pile of coffee! I know where to visit if I ever get to Colorado. Of course I'd have to chase you around on either side of the divide. You are always in transit, it seems.

Matilda, I love the person who invented air conditioning because the mid-90s are pretty unbearable. (Being between two lakes increases the humidity although I know we are cooler than cities like Toronto.) Enjoy your day at home. Thanks for the reminder about Leslie. I must dig out my CD and use it in the air conditioned studio.

My Citizen of the Year presentation went well, last night. It was moved from the grandstand stage which is in full sun to the children's tent which was much more bearable. Luckily, because of the heat, there was no ritual kissing. (When did this kissing everyone become the rage?) Dinner afterward was OK, even though it was Fair food. I had pulled pork and cole slaw and weight and BGL are fine this morning. Whew!

Today is relatively free for me. I need to take my big crockpot of stew over to the Office right now. Later I will do a bit of a walk-about, feeling dumb in my fancy ribbon and pin. I'll be chatting up folks and handing out poop bags to those with dogs. Sounds glamorous, doesn't it?

Right now, I'm going to "just get on with it" as my Mother always said. Have a day that's as cool as possible given the circumstances.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:17 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Apparently I really needed to sleep. I took a muscle relaxer before bed because my back was cranky and ended up sleeping almost 10 hours! It's a weird weekend, today is off but tomorrow I have to work at a fair and just the drive is 2.5 hours each way. So glad my car has ac, our house does not.

Cottage - I hope your day stays low key.

Matilda - It's a perfect day for a nap! I'm still trying to get to the cleaning, decluttering and reorganizing around here.

Debbie - Sad coffee news, glad you found out before it was all gone. Happy unpacking

Ruth - That's quite a first day for the Citizen of the Year. Hard to imagine what's next.

I was going to pick berries today but I'm seriously thinking it's worth the money to just buy a flat and not be out in the field for an hour in this heat. It's a good thing I have no appetite because I just can't make myself exercise. I think I'll pour another cup of coffee and figure out my plan for the day. I know it ends with a 4:30 doctors appt (mine, I do not think this time is a good idea!). DW and I may meet for dinner if she is up to it. Otherwise I suspect smoothies will be in the menu again.

Monday I leave for a week away. I really, really need it!

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-22-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #6  
Gaining control

S/C/G: 148/131/120

Height: 5'2

Hello and good morning ladies! I am at work this morning and it is a slooowww friday, haha. It is already beyond hot outside, miserable even.

Today was my weigh in day (every friday) and I am proud to say that I hit the 130's, 139 to be exact! This is such an amazing feeling, for 14 months after I had my son I struggled to lose the baby weight, STRUGGLED. I wasn't drinking sodas, juice, no white breads or pastas, but the I always stayed at 148, I couldn't get beyond it since 1 month postpartum. I am happy that my mother talked me into the SBD, I owe her a huge hug (maybe some flowers/dinner)! So here I am, almost 10 lbs lighter and I know I can reach my goal, SBD has made it possible. I know that my commitment to exercise is also a factor here but it just seemed to come more naturally following the SBD. If I was so committed to a diet, I might as well be committed to exercise too (was my train of thought) because they go hand in hand. I am going to the beach in two weeks for a 5 day vacation and I actually think that I will feel good in my bathing suit!

Anyways, thank for listening to me ramble! I hope everyone stays out of the heat, I know I will. I probably will be camping it in today after work with my son. We went grocery shopping yesterday afternoon and that was icky. No reason to leave the house if we don't have too, not in this heat.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Linda - Hope you do something fun or relaxing with your unexpected free day.

Matilda - You sound very creative and crafty. Reminds me that our furniture has been that way for as long as I can remember.

Debbie - The tutorial was fine but now I realize that after our grant cycle ends this year, our first with the online process and me as the administrator, I'll have to play around to figure out how to do some stuff. I hate when something I like gets discontinued!!

Ruth - Did you get a plaque or something to commemorate instead of the missing kissing?

Cyndi - Keep cool!

Morgan - Nice to meet you Glad it is going so well for you.

No workout with my mom today since she has an appointment. I am never motivated to do strength training at home anymore so will just do my usual boring cardio. Although yesterday I did some jogging intervals again which I have not done in months. When I last tried C25K my back hurt. So far, so good. I need to kick it up a notch; I work out a long time but not hard enough.

Teen wanted to postpone our shopping until today, so that will be my afternoon. I hope he is not grouchy. You never know which boy will show up now... the sweet one or his grouchy twin. So far I am managing to be much more patient about it than DH. And speaking of him, he priced new computers for himself and holy sticker shock batman! I think he needs to go back and just fix his which would be a third the cost.

Keep cool and eat well
Old 07-22-2011, 08:37 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Sounds like everyone is doing good and trying to do their best in the heat.

So they announced the org changes yesterday and seems like staff are taking it as I have the job so I guess that is good so they will know someone is going to be in charge of the room. I am going to have work my butt (isn't that a good thing hmmm) to make sure I do a good job so that come January the actual $ position will be in the bag for me.

Okay got to run sorry for no personals.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:48 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning ladies,

Linda - Yay for unscheduled day of fun!

MMc - Food shopping is so fun! I too have to go but it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Lexx- me too! And last night the site was down for maintenance. I thought I would die! We are moving soon so can I have your boxes please???

Ruth - Have a good one!

Cyn - I think it's worth the money to save your sweat and not risk heat exhaustion!

Morgan - Great job!!!

Karen - Have "fun" shopping!

Pearl - Have a good one too!!! Good news!

As for me, down a pound, yay! I've been playing with the Ph2 products so I am glad I can add in a fruit and a starch a day and still lose. I haven't been to the gym but it's going to have to be on the back burner until Monday - I have to, HAVE to write my thesis this weekend and into Monday on top of a group project for my last class, checking out apartments in MD (I hate the thought of having to move, let alone there but it must be done) and food shopping. It's going to be a hot, BUSY weekend!

Off to work...
Old 07-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

July Challenge

Okay ladies....for the longest time I've been wanting to ask how to do one of ya'll's cool little linky thingys....lol But, I didn't want to sound dumb, so I finally remembered and went and looked for directions. Surprise!! You can find all kinds of stuff on 3FC

Anyway...I'm trying a hyperlink to see if it works...he he

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!!
Old 07-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey all!

I'm plugging away and hope to see the late 200s in early August at the latest.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Our outside thermometer reads 106* right now, at almost 6pm. Ugh. We went for groceries this afternoon, and the store was packed with people just standing around, soaking up the AC, lol.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #13  

Height: 5'8"

I hear you cottage. I was pouring with sweat standing still waiting for the camp bus. My MIL who lives on the Jersey Shore (Barnegat) said they just had a huge thunderstorm and it cooled things down a bit, but I don't think that will happen for us here in the city.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

well, if it makes any of you feel better...the sun has just come out today after hiding behind days and days of rain. We even broke 70 degrees today!! And it's supposed to get up to a scorching 74 degrees tomorrow!!! :P

Last edited by jyoyo78; 07-22-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Closed Thread