South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 06:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default SBD Chat for Tuesday, 6/28

Good morning Chickies! It looks like another humid, stormy day shaping up for the day. The breeze wafting through the windows feels lovely right now, though. I don't have to leave until 11 to pick up the girls from camp, so I have the whole morning to get a few things done. I do have a guy coming to look at our kitchen sink at 9, and he promised to be prompt. I discovered a tiny hairlline crack in the sink near the drain, and the sink is still under warranty. I don't know how they're going to fix it, though, since it's an integrated sink. I guess they have their ways.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:37 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning Cottage: it's super humid here too, now. We are supposed to be getting thunderstorms later in the day. Today is the last day of school! I'm picking my son up at 11:50, and then I have a sinus dr. appt. at 1pm, then we have a playground playdate scheduled (which will probably move inside if it rains). Tomorrow is the first day of camp so I've got to get things together for that.

I was on plan yesterday and it felt so good...why can't I always remember this feeling??? Hope everyone has a great day...
Old 06-28-2011, 06:37 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm trying to get a bunch of computer work done before getting on the road this morning, so no time to chat. I didn't get much done yesterday. Thanks for all your thoughts yesterday. We woke up with a positive attitude and are moving forward.

Cottage - good luck with the sink. Hope the guy is prompt
Old 06-28-2011, 06:40 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Linda, I have a guy (Paul) coming this morning too. My sump pump is having a bit of a problem - especially when I flood the basement by leaving a hose running overnight. What a "duh" moment! I was giving the hosta bed at the side a good soaking and ...

Yesterday was a good planting day and I got the poor languishing veggie plants into the ground. I have a few more to do today - cukes, celeriac and red cabbage - and then it'll be weed and water time. If all goes well, my harvest time will be September rather than August.

Today, after Paul leaves, I'll tackle the tax return for the Mill and a couple of quarterly reports. I need an executive assistant!

Never mind - a good weekend is ahead: Canada Day, Saturday, Sunday and July 4th! The Village will be jumping!

at Matilda and Cyndi who came in while I was blathering. Have a good day.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Linda - I'll be interested to hear what they do for your sink. Ours in integrated and I wondered if we could ever replace it without redoing the countertops too.

Matilda - I can't believe how late school goes there! Isn't it amazing how great it feels to be OP

Cyndi -

Ruth - Oh no! What is celeriac?

The weather is supposed to be just wonderful here today. I'm stuck inside waiting for our new washer and dryer; they gave us a 4 hour window of time. DH is dropping our minivan off right now to be checked out before our long trip in August and we suspect at a minimum we'll need to replace the brakes. My fingers are crossed it won't be too expensive. The van is 11 years old with lots of miles on it.

Have a great day everyone. BBL
Old 06-28-2011, 08:05 AM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

Beautiful morning!!! Not sure what is happening today for the kids - but I sure have plenty to do!

I have gone through and cleaned and organized the guest room, guest bath, living room, dining room, and DD1's clothes have been purged. Left to do: DD2's clothes (monumental task, that one), toys relocated from the den to the basement, kitchen tupperware matched up with lids or chucked, and I have to find the basement floor. I KNOW it is down there.

Maybe I should take up gardening instead . . . of course, there may be a garden in that basement that I do not know about.

Timing the closing of the house for the day to catch as much of the nice breezes, but I expect the A/C in is store today. The humidity seems to have crept in already . . .

Be well!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:45 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Early morning pool hours (7:30) are messing with my schedule. I need to leave soon but wanted to say hi!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:49 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The lads have come and gone without staying for coffee! Gotta love it.

Celeriac has to be the world's ugliest vegetable. The leaves are celery flavoured and the root can be used as a substitute for potatoes and in Celeriac Remoulade, one of my favourite winter salads. I bought 12 plants because I have way too much space to fill!

I'm off to plant it now before the rain starts.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #9  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

Cottage - Good luck with your sink!

Matilda - Great job being on plan - hope that momentum keeps rolling on!

Cyndi - I'm sending positive vibes to you and your family.

Ruth - Sounds like you've got a jam-packed day! Hope its productive, and thanks for the celeriac tutorial I'll have to try one someday.

Karen - Good luck with washer, dryer, and minivan! I love minivans, and they tend to be troopers.

Bea - LOL at your basement with possible secret garden. I'm sure you'll be victorious, since you've already accomplished so much.

Debbie - Have a fantastic day!

Today was my weekly weigh in and I somehow still managed to drop 1.2 lbs even with going off plan a bit during my horse trials this past weekend. I think I'm going to continue on with Phase 2. TOM is just around the corner, so I'm going to make sure I drink plenty of water. I've been dealing with some car troubles, which is incredibly annoying and stressful since its only a year old. Oh well, trying not to get too overwhelmed. I really need to put myself and my weight loss and overall health back as my #1 priority - exercise and meal planning can't just go out the window anytime my coolant hose becomes disconnected or an emergency at work happens. Life it too short to let those mini-crises take over. Exercise and meal planning need to become like teeth-brushing: you do it even if problems come up or you're running late!
Closed Thread