3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   SBD Weekend Chat - June 4 and 5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/234802-sbd-weekend-chat-june-4-5-a.html)

Lexxiss 06-05-2011 10:06 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

I've been up for awhile but have a full plate already. We had a pretty "off day" here yesterday. We've reorganized and hopefully have gotten all the stressful stuff out before we start a painting job tomorrow. Today is brunch with mom and prepping for tomorrow. We have a week to get a certain amount of this painting project done and I have to accompany mom to Denver on Tuesday and Thursday.

Linda, I hope you start feeling better soon!

Heidi, glad you had fun! You were certainly missed here!

Matilda, enjoy your low key day!

Ruth, buckle down with your quilting. I'm rooting for you from here!

nanmjc, I add chia to my yogurt and also to my smoothie.

granchick, I hope you get your evening snack figured out. I like my yogurt in the evening and often add pumpkin pie spice or cocoa sweetened with splenda. Other times I just like it plain.

Cyndi, you must be walking by now. I look forward to your report!

Karen, I hope we can get back into a routine together! I'm tired of "events".

Ok, time to hit the road.

WaistingTime 06-05-2011 10:39 AM

Greetings from Nebraska:wave: Part one of the reunion went well. This morning DH and I took an hour long walk on the trail system and will be heading to brunch with the family in a bit. Then we drive home via dropping off my MIL. I have not heard from my teen, the neighbors, or the police so I guess he did fine home alone:)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Catch you tomorrow.

Lexxiss 06-05-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaistingTime (Post 3878667)
I have not heard from my teen, the neighbors, or the police so I guess he did fine home alone:)

:lol:

Heidi58 06-05-2011 05:27 PM

Hello again!
I think I'm caught up on all the posts I missed now. :)

Ruth, yes, Cathy is cathydoe. You'd like her husband John, too.
Matilda and Linda, I got an additional Rx to help with the allergies/asthma and I'm doing better. Thanks for asking. I think I'll be dealing with this for another week or so though, at least that's how it works most years. I was hooping earlier today and even that made me short of breath, but I'm sleeping well again. :carrot:
Karen I loved your comment about your teen, the neighbors and the police, too! :rofl: Drive safely!
Debbie, good luck finishing up the painting project! We need to get the second coat on our kitchen cabinets this week. I love the results but hate the process. LOL
granchick I'm a night time snacker too. I used to fight it - now I just relax and make sure my snacks are good ones. I do a lot of raw veggies, SF jello, or kale chips in the evenings.
:hug: to the rest of you. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, friends!

Ruthxxx 06-05-2011 05:46 PM

Hey! I just finished the piecing of that albatross of a quilt! Remind me never ever to make a quilt when I don't like the fabric. Now I'm off for dinner with the "girls" and kids and dogs. We must do a family portrait!

ultimatebea 06-05-2011 05:54 PM

I miss being here on a routine basis - this past week and weekend just seem to be whizzing by . . .

This was the first weekend I had NOTHING on the calendar. I slept late BOTH days, and then spent most of each day cleaning stuff - pond filters, pool filters, pond filters, pool filters - there appears to be a lot of scum and muck in my world this week.

Yesterday started very OP in terms of food for the first two meals - then the girlfriend showed up with corn on the cob AND a baguette of white bread. They went REALLY well with the sirloin and mushrooms I had grilled for dinner - unfortunately! However, I did manage to turn down the red velvet whoopie pies she brought. Did I mention it is that TOM???

So - back on the wagon AGAIN this morning. Deviled eggs for breakfast, grilled chicken and veggies for lunch, and anticipating relatively OP beef stew for dinner, as long as I pick out the potatoes. Gonna include a BIG salad to go with it, and see if I can regain a little control. This week, I will focus on taking lunch to work each day, hoping to not have an over-all gain on the week. (I weigh officially on Wednesdays, so . . .)

This is the last week of school for DD1 and 2 - and they are half days all week. They are both thrilled, but it makes child care tricky. The next week I am still in school while they are out, so off to gymnastics camp for both of them. My school finishes the 21st, so I am looking forward to that with great joy! I spend my summers hanging out with my girls, so it is a VERY welcome time!

Thoughts and prayers to all with family and health issues - even allergies are lousy! Everyone take care and
Be well -