3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   SBD Weekend Chat - June 4 and 5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/234802-sbd-weekend-chat-june-4-5-a.html)

Ruthxxx 06-04-2011 05:56 AM

SBD Weekend Chat - June 4 and 5

Good Saturday morning, Beachers. I hope your weekend is starting well. It's chilly here at 50ºF but the deck was just fine with a fleece jacket over my nightie.

I was very tired and in bed well before ten last night so am now ready to roll off to town. Home Hardware doesn't open until seven or I'd be there now. I am buying an electric weed whip because I just can't start the gas one because of my shoulder. I hate having to ask somebody to start it for me and then feeling I have to use it forever. Noisy thing! I do have yard lads but need to some touch-ups. I might try it on the frassing Japanese knotweed.

I need a power-washer too. Mine was borrowed last summer, broken and has not been returned. Grrrr! I've not made an issue of it because the man is Donna's husband and quite ill but I must learn not to be so generous with machinery.

Donna will be here cleaning when I get home. I plan to stay out of her way and either garden or quilt. She is a talker and can't work and chat at the same time. (I'll leave the new power washer in the car so she won't feel badly.)

We are selling bread at the Mill again this weekend. Forty loaves disappeared very quickly so our baker is doing more this time. Nothing like fresh warm bread! We should sell butter along with it!

Time to give the doggage some attention. I have been very busy and in and out a lot and they need some sit on the couch and cuddle time. I'll get another coffee and do that - a good way to start the day.

Enjoy your weekend!

cottagebythesea 06-04-2011 06:54 AM

Good morning!

It's another chilly morning here, too, which makes it lovely for sleeping but too cold to enjoy coffee on the porch. I'm content right here on my couch, curled up under a quilt. :coffee:

Ruth, we call them weedwackers here, but I love your name for it much better. They do make lightweight electric ones that are easy to use and I hope you have luck finding one that's perfect for you.

I think we're going to the hardware store, too, but to buy more grass seed. We had to reset the stepping stone sidewalk that leads from the garden gate into our back yard and regrade the area around the stones. I hope the grass comes in fast, because it's going to be hard to keep little Tyler out of the dirt. He loves to dig in it, lol. I'm sure they'll be over later this afternoon to swim, now that the pool is open. I guess we'll do burgers and dogs on the grill, and I'd better run out and get some portobellos to grill up for me.

Lexxiss 06-04-2011 06:54 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

I'll bet you're on the way to get your weed whip by now. I hope you did change out of your deck outfit.:lol: The list is long today and I'm sitting here trying to figure out which order to map my list. Good thing I always know to check in here first.

I guess I'll continue with the house project and will bag up all the stuff heading to the thrift store. Breakfast at 8 with mom and her group...I'll ride my bike for exercise. Recycle and thrift store drop off then possibly some yard work. It's sure busy this time of year!

Have a great day everyone!

Mmckellen 06-04-2011 07:26 AM

Good morning everyone,
We're on the chilly and non humid side here this morning too, but unfortunately my allergies are killing me, worse yesterday and this morning than ever before this season. I need to check what is "coming out" now so at least I know what my triggers are. I just took a sinus pill plus a homeopathic sinus remedy I sometimes use so we'll see what happens.

Parental update: they interviewed an agency and my dad quite liked them, however "for the time being" he is leaving the decision up to my mom, who has said she will think about it for a week. (deep breaths, Matilda). The issue with this is that the help is for my dad, not for my mom, so I can't see her ok'ing it any time soon. I think he's got to step in and hire someone, but I'm trying to keep my mouth shut and offer support and an ear and not much else unless he specifically asks for it. We'll make plans to go up there for a brief visit later this month, unless an emergency crops us. Not to sound like a holy roller, but I did pray about being able to set boundaries about this and someone seemed to be listening because it's much easier for me to that these last couple of days.

On the plate for today: I'm going to exercise, make bean salad and run some errands, then I'll take my son up to his school's spring fair which I'm also volunteering at from 2-4. On tap for tonight: nothing! Maybe we'll watch a movie or something. There's a lebanese food fair today, so on the way back from the school fair maybe we'll stop and pick something up for dinner.

Hope everyone has a great day!

WaistingTime 06-04-2011 07:44 AM

Good morning everyone:)

Busy morning here. Still have my little nephews and need to pack them up to send them off with my mom (until their parents get home tonight). I've laid out my clothes for the reunion weekend but still need to pack them up along with all the food. Wish I could fit in exercise but probably not. Funny how I actually miss it when I don't do it.

I'm looking forward to getting back to my normal routine next week, no more babysitting or parties! Woo hoo! Off to hydrate since I never want to drink when I have a long car ride.

Have a great weekend everyone.

CyndiM 06-04-2011 08:19 AM

Good morning :coffee2: It's cool and sunny here too but warming up just the right amount today. Tomorrow is the read-the-fine-print 10k walk with DD. Low 70s, sunny with a light breeze in Boston sounds just right. I'm heading out there this afternoon because we have to sign in around 9. In the meantime I need to run to the drug store for DW. After several weeks of eye issues that turned out to be unrelated just badly timed it seems she has major allergies. She started with double vision probably connected to her diabetes but then added severe swelling. The eye doc mentioned neurological possibilities and had us in a tizzy. However when she saw the MD eye guy he quickly diagnosed allergies. DD says zirtec not claritin so I'm off to pick up some for the weekend. That along with prescription eye drops and cortisone cream seem to be helping already.
Once I'm home I need to get as much lawn done as possible. It's a jungle out there and obviously DW can't mow right now.

Ruth - I need to find one of those weed things too. I have a battery powered one that's just too heavy to lug around much.

Cottage - I picked up some feta and plan to grill portabellos this week and stuff with spinach and feta (I think that's a Zeff thing?) Happy weekending :)

Debbie - Woman you get more done before my first cup of coffee then I do all day! I'm still thinking of how fun it would be to be neighbors :)

Mathilda - Glad to hear the boundaries are improving. It's so important to take care of you and your own family while navigating all this. Happy weekend! A Lebanese food fair sounds heavenly :drool:

Karen - Hope it's a fun weekend

Okay, time to get moving. I have errands, mowing, packing and a drive to Boston ahead. Not sure I'll be here tomorrow morning. I don't think I'm going to pack my laptop for the overnight. Happy Weekend friends!

granchick 06-04-2011 09:23 AM

Good Morning Ya'll!! It's quite sunny, warm and humid here. Forecast has us in for this heat wave for at least another week and no rain in sight. I enjoyed sleeping in a couple of extra hours this morning. It helps to put the "mo" back in my "jo" because this heat wears me out.

I would love to have walked the trails this morning but my heel spur does not agree. I plan to get active though while working in my garden. I am really getting interested in the succulents this year and would like to find some with color. I also have got to weed my vegetable garden and get it soaked down due to the lack of rain.

I am doing fine OP but have a snack problem at night. I am trying different snacks from our recipe forum but none have really satisfied me yet. I will keep trying..."gotta keep on keeping on".

Have a blessed day....((hugs))

Ruthxxx 06-04-2011 10:39 AM

Home from a real flurry of a trip to town. I have to order the weed thingie and power washer so don't need to do that today. I have to bring a dessert for a Funny Family Dinner tomorrow and stopped at a bake sale for a strawberry rhubarb pie. I also picked up some warm rustic bread at the Mill. Right now I have a very OFF program kitchen but I will resist.

Donna's not coming today as Ted is feeling poorly so my day is clear. I should water the village planters but I'm hoping for a bit of rain. :crossed: I'll probably end up watering them alter today because rain skips Delta more often than not.

Hope your day is going well. Mine will include an afternoon nap.

Heidi58 06-05-2011 07:01 AM

Good morning!

We had a wonderful week with Cathy and John, but all the fun kept me away from my laptop most of the week. We took them to Boston last night where they met up with Cathy's sister for a few days. I'm sad to see them go but I've got lots of great memories (and photos) to tide me over til next summer. :)

I've eaten like a pig, rather than an SBD chick this week so I'm on phase 1 for a few days now to get my head back in the game. It's cool but sunny here so I'm planning to get a good walk in too.

Cyndi, I'm thinking of you this morning. I hope the 10k goes much more smoothly (and quickly) than expected.

I'm off to read the posts I've missed and see how you ladies have been all week. Enjoy your Sunday friends! :hug:

Mmckellen 06-05-2011 07:07 AM

Hey Heidi, I was just thinking of you! Have your allergies and everything cooled down a bit?

Yesterday was such a nice low key day. Today I have nothing I HAVE to do - just church, then dropping son off for a playdate, then dinner with friends. I'm trying to change my Sunday experience - usually I spend the better part of the afternoon preparing food for the whole week and getting all the homework done etc. and being very stressed. This weekend I decided to split up my cooking and do some on Tuesday or Wednesday night, and the rest on Saturday morning. The house is tidied up and although there are a few things I may want to take care of, they aren't essential for getting the week off to a good start. So that's nice, for a change. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Ruthxxx 06-05-2011 07:13 AM

We missed you, Heidi, but it sounds like you had a good break. Is Cathy our Cathydoe? I really like her.

No coffee on the deck this morning as it's 53ºF and on the edge of drizzle. That will be good for my plants but not so good for visitors to the Village today. We quickly sold out our bread yesterday morning - 40 loaves arrived at 10:30 and were gone by noon. Luckily we are not selling bread today.

I'm off to Church and then will do "thruway" sewing on that darned quilt. That means I just park my butt and sew without a break. I have to finish it today as it will be pinned for stitching by the biddies at tomorrow's meeting. I do plan to go out for dinner tonight so sure have a deadline!

I hope your day is great, no matter the weather or self-inflicted deadlines.

ETA: Matilda, it sounds like you are doing well at changing your Sunday experience. Good for you!

cottagebythesea 06-05-2011 07:23 AM

Heidi ~ I've been thinking of you and am happy you had a fun time with your friends this week. I hope your allergies didn't slow you down any and that you're feeling much better.

Matilda ~ How are your allergies today? I hope you have a nice, relaxing day and remember to take it easy and enjoy what's left of the weekend.

Something hit me mid-morning yesterday, and I had to resort to taking some Advil and lying down for a while. That's really rare for me. :?: I did rally myself when Amber and Tyler came over to play in the pool, but I felt wonky the rest of the day. Whatever it is, it's still lingering, because I didn't want to get out of bed today. :dizzy: At least we don't have anything pressing to do, and I hope that after several cups of coffee that I get my groove back.

nanjmc 06-05-2011 07:37 AM

Good Morning! It's a beautiful morning here in NH. Church this morning then off to a health food store. I've been looking for hemp milk and chia seeds I've seen recommended here, but I can't find them in local stores. So off to search for those this afternoon. Not quite sure what to do with the chia seeds, but I will look into it.

Ruth, I used to quilt a lot years ago but switched to knitting and spinning, I miss quilting and hope to get back to it someday. I love hearing about the Village, if I were there I would be involved too!

Waisting Time, you mentioned you went to UNH, great school. My son just finished his freshman year there. We are not native to NH, but have been here 20 years and love it.

Mmckellen 06-05-2011 08:06 AM

Nanjmc you can make a pudding from chia seeds and hemp milk. It is 1/2 cup hemp milk to 2 tbsp. chia. I also add carob flavoring sometimes. Stir all together and in about 30 minutes you will have a pudding with a texture similar to tapioca. If you wanted you could add some slenda to the milk to make it sweet. I usually just top it with some fruit. It's really good and SO nutritious. Just remember to get unsweetened hemp as the regular and flavored varieties contain a lot of sugar. The brand I use is called "Tempt"

nanjmc 06-05-2011 09:37 AM

Thanks Mmckellen, that sounds delicious!