South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 06:11 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Tuesday, April 5

Good morning. Boy that coffee tastes good this morning.

Yesterday was a dreary, rainy and cold day but the wind is supposed to whip in and clean out the clouds this morning. I have a funeral to attend today and will bundle up - there's nothing worse than standing in a graveyard in a cold wind. Well, I guess being buried would be worse.

My month is accelerating quickly and it's only the 5th. I may be a bit "seldom in these parts" for a while. I won't bore you with details but my darn secretary overbooked me again. It's mostly good stuff but ...

Right now - coffee, board browsing and dog cuddling is my agenda.

What's a'happenin' with you?
Old 04-05-2011, 06:31 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Our snow never turned to rain yesterday but supposedly there's rain on the way today and hopefully it will melt all the new snow. I enjoy snow in Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, and most of March but I'm OVER it now.

The mother of one of my youth group kids is having a kidney transplant today, her aunt is the donor. We've been praying for a transplant for years, so this is a wonderful answer to prayer, but it's a long, scary surgery. I would appreciate prayers for Serena and Catherine and their families today. Thanks so much!

Enjoy your Tuesday friends!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:31 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Howdy, Ruth We've been dog cuddling here, too. I had an awful day yesterday, but I need to get back on my feet today and recognize that food won't fix it. We're looking at the reality here that it may be time for Rudi to cross the rainbow bridge. Certainly not what we want but it seems that he's had a mini stroke and it's a fine line between too soon and too late.

Mom wants to make jam and I tried yesterday to convince her that her house would be better than mine. Unfortunately, she thinks the opposite, so I need to get the kitchen spiffed up and resume a joyful attitude. A trip to Denver later today, so I guess I'm booked, too.

ETA-Good morning, Heidi Prayers sent for your friend and family today. I hope your weather improves. Yesterday was miserably windy here. Unfortunately, it started after I rode my bike to the PO/I barely got back. I'm ready for more reliable weather here, too.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 04-05-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning,

We had a beautiful, sunny day yesterday, but today we're getting your weather, Ruth. The temp is supposed to drop 20 degrees during the day.

I'm going over to the farm early today to get some things done, then leaving around noon to accompany my mother to her first oncologist appointment. I know she appreciates me there for support and to take notes. I don't think they'll start her chemo treatments today, but we'll see.
I think I'll make a nice, comforting pot of soup for when we get back home.

Heidi, I'll be including Serena and Catherine in my prayers today and hope all goes well. Sorry about your snowy day yesterday. Did you get another snow day?

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-05-2011 at 06:35 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:33 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Hey Ruth, another 2 lbs on your ticker! Looking good. Hope everything is ok re: your schedule. It does get hard to check in sometimes.

Yesterday the "check engine light" went on when my husband was driving to work. This is all we need. We don't have a local mechanic we trust and also don't need another bill - both our life insurance payments are due this month plus (ironically) our car insurance, we are going on vacation next month, and this month is also the crunch of our last camp payment. I was hoping to really knock down our credit card before we left on vacation but now with all these things (with the exception of the car issue these bills were all on my radar, but I just never considered everything lumped together) it's not going to happen and we'll be lucky to break even, which is what I will strive for. Anyway, DH took the car to Autozone and they did a free diagnostic and it seems the problem is not really that serious - we think. We'll see!

TOM seems to be coming early this month, which is fine with me, as long as it would just come already and get itself over with. I've been feeling a very short fuse and I guess this is why. Grrrrrr. Anyway, hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - LOL.....getting buried would certainly be worse!!

Heidi - I am SO with you on the snow. Said a prayer for your friends!! Give us an update when you hear!

Lexiss - I am so bad about emotional eating as well. Food won't fix it. It's soooo hard to remember that though sometimes.

Cottage - a bowl of soup on a dreary day like today sounds fabulous. Hope you enjoy!! Hope mom's appointment goes well...do you find out today what they recommend?

MMCK - YIKES - you reminded me I need to get my insurance payment out!! Holy guacamole! (thanks!!)

Me- the sweet potato and mushroom thing was decent...I need to find some way to spice it up since I don't like hot (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quinoa-...ms/Detail.aspx). The pecans REALLY made it though. I did put a squirt of maple agave on it, out of desperation for something. Any recommendations?

Off to pay that insurance bill!!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

You all are posting faster than I can keep up with you!

Debbie, I'm so sorry about the news on Rudi. It's awful to see them struggling, but you don't want to let them go, either. So sad.

Matilda, sometimes those 'check engine lights' will come on for the simplest little things, and I hope that's the case for you. Mine came on once because the gas cap wasn't on snug enough. I hope you have a nice, calm day! And I wanted to thank you on telling me the very encouraging news about your friend's dad the other day. It really helps to hear stories like that.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/164.8/135

Height: 5'3

Good morning ladies. Everyone sounds ready to start their days. My day started at 3:30 this am due to my daughter waking up with a migraine and upset tummy. I guess she has picked something else from school again. I sure did miss homeschooling my kids as they never got sick!

Yesterday hit 84 degrees and I was stuck inside cleaning all day at my job. Oh well and doesn't it figure I am off today and its raining and 20 degrees cooler. Oh well!

I hope you all have a good day
Old 04-05-2011, 07:02 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning everyone I'm on the road today and have an 8 am PT appt. to start so already behind Happily the day ends with a much needed massage. I'm on day 7 of the "I waited too long for a massage" headache. I'd almost forgotten how irritating these headaches are. I'll be back later to read but not sure I'll have time to post. Yesterday I got my vacation approved - the week of May 22 off to Maine. Is it too soon to start counting down??

ETA - to you Debbie and an extra skritch behind the ears to Rudi.

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-05-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:33 AM   #10  

Good Morning,
I'm new and on Day 3 of the SBD. Day 2 if you count my bite of cookie on Sunday.

My top recorded weight in life was 252 in 2004. I weightwatched my way to 158 (for a day). I achieved that with a southbeach kind of approach and through running. A bad break up didn't hurt either.

Marriage, a child and some stress have found me back up. I found myself at 219 6 weeks ago. I'm down to 205, but really need to focus on this journey to see results.

I found th SBD book at local used bookshop and started to read it. It makes sense and I am committed to see myself through phase one. Although, its kind of tough. Any hints you would all like to share?

I'm 36, have a 2 year old, a big dog and one husband. (they only allow one in canada!) I am involved in a wedding in June, so that gives me some instant motivation. (The dress is also too small right now), but I am in this definitely for the long term.

Anyway, that is me!

By the way - positive thoughts for your friend today undergoing the transplant. My 2 year old received chemo this past year for growths on her kidneys, she had apartial nephrectomy in July, so I am very aware of the stress and my heart goes out to her. Know that even though she hasn't had a transplant before, the doctors have done several That helped me, anyway.

Cheers,
Melanie
Old 04-05-2011, 07:44 AM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! Spent the morning up on the third floor again, organizing and getting things situated. All the clothes are done but I need to dig up the tops of those Rubbermaid bins. They seem to have gone AWOL - a very serious offense. I'm off to the store in a bit to get some more bins. I need about twenty more. *gasp*

We got our port call date today - 2 May. We're waiting on the movers to hear back when that will happen but we're moving out of the house on the 20th, so I've got just a smidge over two weeks left to get things done. It should all happen without any all-nighters. I just hope the yard sale this weekend cleans us out of the rest of the bookcases, etc. that are left!

Sorry I haven't been as present lately. I'm still checking in when I can and I'm stubbornly on-plan. I'll need the momentum when we get to New Jersey because I have an awful time staying focused at home!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning! Wow! I'm late, I guess! Spent the morning on a bodybuilding site (oops)! Wishing you all well!!!! I cannont wait to get my bodybugg and it hasn't shipped yet..grrrr!!! Grocery shopping with honey today...wk2d1 c25k in a few....I'm off...check in later!!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:59 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth - You are always so busy!

Debbie -

Heidi - Hope all goes smoothly today.

Linda - Your mom is lucky to have you

Matilda - Glad the car problem doesn't seem major.

Twynn - I'm culinarily challenges so can't help.

Vicki - Hope your daughter feels better soon.

Cyndi - Seven weeks I think! Start counting.

Melanie - Welcome! There's lots of great tidbits in this forum; take some time to read older threads and the stickies up above.

Kara - Seems like you got that date fast. How long will you be in NJ?

Kristen - Oooh - can't wait to hear how you like it.

My teen won a lot of money in a March Madness pool Of course that won't help us convince him to get a summer job. I'm off to get my hair cut and colored today. Good thing since my mom was looking at my part last week during our work out and commenting on the gray. Gotta love moms.

Have a great day everyone. Gotta run and wake the teen.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:31 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

What a busy group. It is supposed to be nice here today, which I am looking forward to. I am also excited, because my new glasses have come in and I get to get them. I never was very happy with my current pair. We didn't have good vision insurance and they were cheap. I now have good vision insurance so I got a nice pair. Now I just have to get DH in for new glasses.

Heidi-your friends are in my prayers. One of my student's mother had the sam operation last year. She is doing great now.

Have a wonderful day!!

Jasmine
Old 04-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #15  
faylene

good morning chicks
well i had a good week 1 i think..i lost 7lbs!!! im hoping to lose at least 3 this week cuz that will put me into onederland!!
ruth: thats sound like a good day to me lots of cuddle time and coffee

heidi: i live in maine too and im so done with this snow..i realize that last spring was a bit unusal for us ..im not asking for 70s like last year ..just some nice 50s for spring and no snow would be nice and i will keep your friends in my prayers

jasmine: good morning

waisting: i got a mom just like that but gotta laugh and just be glad i still have her to point these things out like we dont see it ourselves

kmc: good morning

melanie: im new here too and im on week 2..good luck to the both of us

cyndi: maine is beautiful i hope our snow is gone by then LOL

cottage: good morning
hope i havent forgotten anyone..hope its a good beach day for everyone
Closed Thread