3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   On Plan Thread: January 10-January 16 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/221909-plan-thread-january-10-january-16-2011-a.html)

BellaLucia 01-10-2011 01:46 AM

On Plan Thread: January 10-January 16 2011

It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan! This is the place for South Beach meal plan and food support, encouragement and questions.

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!

This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.

People in different phases of South Beach post here so it will help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!

While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?

LADY WINDSONG 01-10-2011 04:19 AM

I had a great week on SB Phase 1. On to #2~
Good luck, chickies :mouse:

cottagebythesea 01-10-2011 06:50 AM

My little NSV for today - a pair of jeans that got too tight for me over Christmas slid right on today! :D

Phase 2

B. oats soaked in almond milk w/blueberries & peaches
L. big veggie salad w/feta, 1/2 avocado, and pistachios
S. Greek yogurt w/chia seeds, (Nessa Bar, if I need it)
D. leftover shirataki w/primavera sauce

Mmckellen 01-10-2011 06:57 AM

Second week of Phase 1, counting PP - down 3.6 lbs. my first week! 23 days to go of being very strict on the points, one week to go on Phase 1.
B: 1 cup kefir, 1/4 cup edamame, 1 hard boiled egg
L: huge salad with 2 oz. roast beef, 2 tbsp. parm cheese, 2 tbsp. real caesar dressing
S: 1/2 cup roasted chick peas, chia fresca, carrots
D: chicken sausage with bitter greens with 1 tbsp. olive oil
Points=29

AmyKitKat 01-10-2011 09:30 AM

Second Week of Phase 1 - I made it I made it I made it. (Trying to reinforce myself here...I haven't made it through a weekend clean in years).

Didn't have time to post yesterday, so here is Sunday plus my plan for (duh duh duh da....) D8/P1

Sunday
B: Egg casserole slice with very small slice p/b bread
L: Pumpkin Curry soup with 3 homemade crackers (recipe from this site, mostly just Parmesan cheese and sunflower seeds)
S: Small slice of Quiche Lorraine with all crust discarded
D: 3 different hamburgers with hummus and tomato (at my in-laws and had to bypass the fresh fruit, 3 different bowls of snack stuff, buns, ketchup)...you get the idea, so I went a little crazy with the meat
S: Fresh p/b bread (right out of the oven!)

Monday
B: Egg casserole with, you guessed it, p/b bread
S: Cheese stick(s)
L: Left over Hungarian Pot Roast with Paprika gravy
S: h/b egg w/ s/f jello
D: Lentil soup

zeffryn 01-10-2011 09:31 AM

Congrats Cottage!

Considering rejoining WW....
-
1: smoothie (choc. protein, spinach, frozen berries)
2: lentil and veggie stew with a bit of plain yogurt
3: orange
exercise
4: chicken and vegetable curry

exercise: 45 min. kickboxing class, intervals on the treadmill

sophie 01-10-2011 09:38 AM

phase 2

sunday
b - cottage cheese with 1/3 cup mixed berries
l - half a sandwich with smoked meat and sauerkraut
s - 12 almonds
s - salmon with broccoli and a salad
s - lf cheese

today:
b - oatmeal with almond milk
l - veggie soup and a kiwi
s - yogurt with cinnamon
s - stir fry with beef ( I am so enjoying my new stir fry all clad pan)
s - 1/4 cup cottage with cinnamon

exercise - yoga (adding on more exercise) and a 30 minutes walk probably in the mall because its cold

shelflife 01-10-2011 10:25 AM

Jan 10 (P1, D10)
Wt: 173.5
Workout: Not today.
B: Break free scrambled with salsa and rf cheddar. 2 chicken sausages
Sn: Cheese string.
L: Turkey, bean and veggie soup
Sn:
S: Pesto burgers.
Sn: Popsicle
Vitamin?
Omega-3s?
Thoughts: Taking the day off work to save the people on the ward from my germs. I guess I'll save the people at the gym from them too.

Jan 11 (P1, D11)
Wt: 173.5
Workout: Couch to 5K week 4... couldn't quite finish it though.
B: Turkey, bean, and veggie soup.
Sn: V8 with a babybel
L: Indian chicken with lentils and kidney beans
Sn: Natural pb with celery
S: Lazy (wo)man's cabbage roll casserole - inadvertent oops here! Sugar in the tomato sauce! No wonder I was craving seconds!
Sn: Popsicle?
Vitamin?
Omega-3s?

zeffryn 01-10-2011 10:40 AM

amykitkat - what is p/b bread

buskyandme 01-10-2011 10:48 AM

OMG! I am so happy! Did my first weigh in after being on South Beach for one week (and NO CHEATING!) and I lost 6.5 pounds! This will give me the will power for not drinking wine for another week. And, it will help give my SO the incentive to help me stay on plan with cooking! The only downside is that we have at least 6 inches of snow here in Atlanta, and will be snowed in for a few days (this is the South). He will be having chili and tamales for lunch, I will be having tuna salad.

buskyandme 01-10-2011 10:53 AM

CONGRATULATIONS KITKAT! Staying on plan the first two weeks is the hardest. I did the plan three years ago, so I know that it is well worth it. But, after your body adjusts, it will be easier.

AmyKitKat 01-10-2011 11:02 AM

Hi Zeffryn -

Here is the recipe: not sure where I got it, I'm thinking Kayla's Kitchen... I also posted under Phase I Snacks

P/B Bread:

1/2 cup egg whites
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1/4 cup ground almonds
1/4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
1/2 cup natural p/b
1/4 cup ricotta cheese (I use plain ff yogurt)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Melt p/b in microwave for 1 minute or until smooth
3. Mix all ingredients together
4. Pour into mini muffin cups and bake 15 minutes (I pour all of it into a bread pan and make a loaf)

buskyandme: CONGRATS to you too!!!!!

buskyandme 01-10-2011 11:08 AM

Mmckellen: How are you making your caesar dressing? Dressings seem to be my hardest part. I usually use a balsamic vinegar dressing with a touch of mustard, but balsamic has so much sugar in it, or, a number of homemade dressings. Any help from members re: dressings for salad would be most welcome!

That said... plan for today:

B: Egg white omelet with mushrooms, canadian bacon, green onion, bell pepper
SN: White part of a boiled egg with Chohula hot sauce
L: Tuna Salad
SN: Nuts
D: Chicken Parmigiana, grilled asparagus, steamed cauliflower with garlic herb laughing cow

Mmckellen 01-10-2011 11:45 AM

I keep saying I'm going to make my own dressing, but I just keep going back to Ken's Tableside Caesar. There are 2g sugars per 2 tbsp. serving (2 tbsp. is 4 points) and malodextrine is on the ingredient list, but I love it and since I really don't eat any processed foods I'm going with it.

zeffryn 01-10-2011 12:36 PM

busyk - think outside the box for dressing. I like to use a tablespoon of hummus or a drizzle of dijon mustard and some balsamic vinegar.

RiverGirl 01-11-2011 12:31 AM

Finally back to the beach after much christmas/new years/2nd christmas dinners.

PH 1.5-ish
B- Yogurt, HB egg & tea
S- Grapes and skim milk
L- Turkey Kielbasa slices, cheese string, veggie sticks and tea
S- Got really busy at work and missed it :(
D- Chicken breast (cooked with lotsa garlic for flavour) green beans, broccoli & skim milk
S- Pb stuffed celery

GiggleGoddess 01-11-2011 12:33 AM

weight when I got up : 183.5

B - few bites of leftovers
L - few pieces of turkey w/ mayo & cup of milk
S - a couple Everyone's Nuts pistachios
S - a couple Everyone's Nuts pistachios
D - Lean Cuisine - Sirloin Tips & broccoli
S - finished up leftovers I started this morning
D - lf fudgesicle w/ lf cool whip

LADY WINDSONG 01-11-2011 05:24 AM

Doing well :mouse:

Mmckellen 01-11-2011 06:08 AM

Tuesday, Day 9 of Phase 1 and counting points...22 days of strictly counting points to go.
B: 1 cup kefir, 1 hard boiled egg
S: 1/2 cup roasted chick peas, TJ's roasted seaweed snacks (YUM only 1 pt.)
L: 2 cups leftover turkey and cabbage casserole w 2/tbsp. parm cheese
S: carrots and a slice of low fat provolone
D: salmon pattie with green beans, 1 tbsp. pesto, 1 tbsp. evoo
PP=28

GG - totally not my business, but is the Lean Cuisine Phase 1 or 2 compliant? I ask because I'm always looking for a quick meal to fall back on icoe.

Heidi58 01-11-2011 06:48 AM

B: v8 and string cheese
S: apple
L: ground beef and tomato sauce over steamed broccoli slaw, 2 SF almond butter cookies
S: red pepper strips and hummus
D: chili, salad, SF jello if I 'need' it.
I'll have a milky beverage sometime this evening. Or maybe 2 if I can fit them in since I'm out of yogurt this morning.

Exercise, I've got a thigh muscle that's still bothering me so I'm not sure if I'm ready for my wii fit strength routine again yet. I tried last night and almost cried. :( If it's too hard today I'll do wii walk it out again, and maybe some hooping.

cottagebythesea 01-11-2011 07:26 AM

Phase 2

B. oats soaked in almond milk w/peaches, blueberries & cinnamon
L. big veggie salad w/avocado, feta and roasted chickpeas, clementine
S. Greek yogurt w/almonds
D. vegetarian chili over shredded cabbage

zeffryn 01-11-2011 09:24 AM

1: smoothie (chocolate protein, frozen berries, spinach)
2: lentil and vegetable stew, clementine
3: string cheese and, oops, pretzels (they are calling to me!)
4: grilled ginger chicken, spaghetti squash and spinach gratin

exercise: 45 min. yoga, 45 min. treadmill

AmyKitKat 01-11-2011 09:25 AM

Oooh...GG, I'd be very interested in the Lean Cuisine question posted by Mmckellen too. I haven't even looked at them in the store, just assumed....

As a musing...I wonder if any of the Kashi meals ready to eat might be Phase II compliant.....

Okay, onto Day 9/Phase I

B: Egg casserole w/p/b bread
S: cheese sticks
L: Leftover Hungarian Pot Roast
S: h/b egg
D: Red beans and rice, without the rice :dizzy:

shelflife 01-11-2011 03:13 PM

Re: Lean Cuisine

Assuming it was Steak Tips Portabello, it's not phase 1 friendly.

Quote:

Ingredients:

BROCCOLI, SEASONED COOKED BEEF AND MODIFIED CORNSTARCH PRODUCT CARAMEL COLOR ADDED (BEEF, WATER, DEXTROSE, SOYBEAN OIL, MODIFIED CORNSTARCH, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, SALT, POTASSIUM AND SODIUM PHOSPHATES, CARAMEL COLOR, NATURAL FLAVORS), WATER, PORTABELLO MUSHROOMS, 2% OR LESS OF BURGUNDY WINE, MODIFIED CORNSTARCH, MUSHROOM BASE (MUSHROOMS, ONIONS, SUGAR, SALT, MUSHROOM JUICE CONCENTRATE, CANOLA OIL, LESS THAN 2% OF BUTTER (CREAM, LACTIC ACID), ONION POWDER, MALTODEXTRIN, POTATO STARCH, NATURAL FLAVORS, HYDROLYZED SOY&WHEAT PROTEINS, CARAMEL COLOR, PARSLEY, XANTHAN GUM), BROWN SAUCE FLAVOR (MALTODEXTRIN, TOMATO POWDER, SALT, SUGAR, YEAST EXTRACT, SOY SAUCE (SOYBEANS, WHEAT, SALT), BEEF EXTRACT, FLAVOR, CARAMEL COLOR, CITRIC ACID, LACTIC ACID, LYPOLYZED CREAM (BUTTER, NONFAT MILK SOLIDS, XANTHAN GUM)), SUGAR, NATURAL FLAVORS, BUTTERFAT, ROASTED GARLIC, DEHYDRATED ONIONS, CARAMEL COLOR, SALT, SPICES, CULTURED WHEY, YEAST EXTRACT.

cottagebythesea 01-11-2011 05:03 PM

RE - Lean Cuisine and Kashi dinners. Read the ingredients label. I'm not too sure about the Lean Cuisine meals, but most, if not all, the Kashi frozen meals are SBD compliant.

sophie 01-11-2011 05:27 PM

phase 2

b - oatmeal with ground flax, teaspoon of peanut butter and almond milk
l - out to lunch - a greek salad which probably had too much dressing and
some skewers of beef
s - omelette with some left over veggies
s - cottage cheese and herb tea

walked quite a bit today

zeffryn 01-11-2011 07:18 PM

The kashi meals focus on whole foods...not so much for MOST of the lean cuisine, but you may be able to find something more whole food based in the Lean Cuisine Spa line.

murphmitch 01-11-2011 08:02 PM

Phase II

B: V8, 2 boiled eggs, veggie sausage
S: RF cheese stick
L: Deli turkey, carrots, hummus
S: Skinny latte
D: Salmon with pesto & roasted red peppers, roasted veggies with a little Parmesan
S: Almond butter

shelflife 01-11-2011 10:29 PM

Plan for Jan 12-14

Plans for the coming few days... will edit as I go as usual!

Jan 12 (P1, D12)
Wt: 174.2... TOM maybe?
Workout: Feeling too exhausted this evening.
B: 1 egg, scrambled with a little cheddar. 1 sausage. swiss chard & tomatoes and a laughing cow wedge.
L: Broccoli cheese soup & pork pesto patty
Sn: 1tbsp cashew butter (yum!). Jello.
S: Lettuce wraps
Sn: Cottage cheese. Popsicle.
Vitamin?
Omega-3s?[/I]

Jan 13 (P1, D13)
Wt:
Workout:
B: Almond energy blast
L: Broccoli cheese soup and leftover cabbage casserole (with that #%$! tomato sauce scraped off, of course!)
Sn: Celery and hummus
S: Chicken + salsa in the slow cooker
Sn: Jello
Vitamin?
Omega-3s?

Jan 14 (P1, D14) - the last day of phase 1!
Wt:
Workout:
B: Break free and chicken sausage
L: Broccoli cheese soup & pork pesto patty
Sn: 30 pistachios
S: Lettuce wraps
Sn: Popsicle or jello
Vitamin?
Omega-3s?

RiverGirl 01-11-2011 11:10 PM

Ph 1.5 ish

B- 2 hardboiled eggs (sprinkled with salt), raw orange pepper strips & Glass of milk
S- 1 oz cashews & yogurt
S- Small Caeser salad
D- 2 cups raw veggies w/ 1 tbsp ranch to dip, ham roll-ups, cheese string, grapes & Glass of skim milk.
S- not sure, not hungry yet

GiggleGoddess 01-12-2011 12:25 AM

Re: Lean Cuisine...I needed something in case of emergencies if I didn't make anything (or have leftovers before I have to go to my evening class) and the broccoli and steak tips had no pasta, etc and most of the ingredients looked kinda ok. What makes it non-compliant?

B - 2 boiled eggs w/ mayo and dijon mustard
S - A couple of pistachios & 5 ultra thin healthy request turkey w/ mayo
L - Healthy Request Steaming Entree (Garlic and Herb Shrimp) MINUS the pasta (the Shrimp & Okra Creole Gumbo that took me 1&1/2 hour to prep to put into crock pot to cook for a few hours wasn't ready when I had to hurry to school)
S - A couple pistachios
D - Shrimp and Okra Creole Gumbo
D* - Fudgesicle

LuckyDVL 01-12-2011 02:10 AM

NSV!! Today was day 7 of a very clean P1. There was a dish of Jelly Belly jelly beans (my favorite!!!!) being passed around at the nursing station. It made its way to me and I shed a tear as I passed it on, but I did not have a single one. I barely recognize myself! lol :)

LADY WINDSONG 01-12-2011 04:12 AM

So far so good

Mmckellen 01-12-2011 06:26 AM

Too bad re: the Lean Cuisine. GG, maybe if you were already on Phase 3 you could look to those for an emergency, but you just won't get the same results from this plan unless you do a very clean Phase 1. It's only two weeks. Also, we are really supposed to include 4.5 cups of veggies each day. It's easy to make a meal on the go with those - celery and cut up peppers with hummos and a string cheese, etc.

Phase 1 Day 10 OMG - 4 days left of Phase 1 (Sunday is last day), 21 days left of strictly counting points, which should get me over the hump into Phase 2
B: 1 cup kefir, 1 hb egg
S: 1/2 cup roasted chick peas
L: huge salad with lean roast beef, 2 tbsp. parm cheese, 2 tbsp. Ken's Tableside Caesar
S: chia fresca (bought new chia!!), carrots
D: chicken and spinach curry
PP: 29

murphmitch 01-12-2011 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiggleGoddess (Post 3648374)
Re: Lean Cuisine... What makes it non-compliant?

It has lots of added starches and many additives. Not good for any phase of SB, but especially Phase I.

Ingredients:

BROCCOLI, SEASONED COOKED BEEF AND MODIFIED CORNSTARCH PRODUCT CARAMEL COLOR ADDED (BEEF, WATER, DEXTROSE, SOYBEAN OIL, MODIFIED CORNSTARCH, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, SALT, POTASSIUM AND SODIUM PHOSPHATES, CARAMEL COLOR, NATURAL FLAVORS), WATER, PORTABELLO MUSHROOMS, 2% OR LESS OF BURGUNDY WINE, MODIFIED CORNSTARCH, MUSHROOM BASE (MUSHROOMS, ONIONS, SUGAR, SALT, MUSHROOM JUICE CONCENTRATE, CANOLA OIL, LESS THAN 2% OF BUTTER (CREAM, LACTIC ACID), ONION POWDER, MALTODEXTRIN, POTATO STARCH, NATURAL FLAVORS, HYDROLYZED SOY&WHEAT PROTEINS, CARAMEL COLOR, PARSLEY, XANTHAN GUM), BROWN SAUCE FLAVOR (MALTODEXTRIN, TOMATO POWDER, SALT, SUGAR, YEAST EXTRACT, SOY SAUCE (SOYBEANS, WHEAT, SALT), BEEF EXTRACT, FLAVOR, CARAMEL COLOR, CITRIC ACID, LACTIC ACID, LYPOLYZED CREAM (BUTTER, NONFAT MILK SOLIDS, XANTHAN GUM)), SUGAR, NATURAL FLAVORS, BUTTERFAT, ROASTED GARLIC, DEHYDRATED ONIONS, CARAMEL COLOR, SALT, SPICES, CULTURED WHEY, YEAST EXTRA

zeffryn 01-12-2011 09:00 AM

rejoined WW. I had so much success combining WW with SB and I still need the portion control and snacking help - I don't know how to get my night time snacking under control. It seems like I could just eat a freakin' horse. It is pretty much once a month that I make some grand gesture to stop nighttime snacking...and then start again a few weeks later. blah to food addictions.

-
1: smoothie (1/2 banana, vanilla protein, nutmeg)
2: leftover spaghetti squash and spinach gratin
3: 2 teensy clementines
4: salad: romaine, grilled chicken, salsa for dressing, black olives, red onions, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice

exercise: 45 min. kickboxing class

25 points, 9 activity points

AmyKitKat 01-12-2011 10:11 AM

So...update to yesterday, I did end up having about 2 cups of green beans along with the red bean sauce. (Kids and DH poured it over rice.) Also ended up having a snack w/green tea; about 4 crackers and a few cheat-o's (from the snacks thread).

P1/Day 10!
B: Egg casserole slice w/pb bread
S: String cheese
L: Lentil soup (1.5 C?) with about 1/4 cup turkey sausage
S: h/b egg
D: Sausage and beans (from Kayla's kitchen)

cottagebythesea 01-12-2011 10:35 AM

I have a feeling it's going to be a snacky kind of day for me. Thank goodness I have plenty of fresh veggies and hummus and other OP food in the house!

B. oats soaked in unsweetened almond milk w/peaches, blueberries & cinnamon
S. Nessa Bar
L. big veggie salad w/roasted chickpeas, feta - no dressing. Maybe a clementine or two
S. if needed - baby carrots & celery w/hummus
D. Creamy pesto (HungryGirl recipe) over either shirataki or spagetti squash

Sharonej 01-12-2011 12:22 PM

Phase 1 Day 4

Doing good so far. I'm tired but the SB flu hasnt been too bad, just a headache on day 2. I have done P1 many times and I may not need the full 2 weeks. I will decide on Saturday if I need another week.

B: Frittata (2 eggs, half cup grated zucchini and 1 wedge laughing cow)
1 C nonfat milk
L: Split Pea Soup, green salad with 1T RF Blue Cheese dressing
S: 15 almonds
S: Red and yellow peppers, hummus
D: White chile, green salad
S: Greek yoghurt mixed with sugarfree jello

sophie 01-12-2011 08:44 PM

phase 2

b - fibre one with almond milk
l - veggie soup
s - about 10 almonds
s - oatmeal with flax and almond milk (went to a meeting and when I came home I didn't feel like cooking). But I passed all the lovely baked goodies with coffee.
s - probably lf cheese

no exercise today