South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 06:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Beach Happenings

Wakey, wakey! Coffee's on!

I'd have been here earlier, but I had to clear out the bathroom. My brother will be here this morning to start ripping out the walls and ceiling in preparation for remodeling. We were originally going to start working on it after Christmas, but Brian has time now, so we're jumping on it.

Beloved, I'm glad you got in to see the doctor, and hope that you start getting well soon! You were really sick!

What's your day looking like?
Old 11-23-2010, 06:40 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage and chicks yet to arrive It's going to be an odd day in the 50s today before plunging back to the 30s tomorrow. This is the weirdest fall weather ever. I'm going to get one set of snows on today (still driving both cars until I sell the old one).

Cottage - hope the work goes without a hitch and doesn't create a huge mess.

Beloved - ditto what Cottage said. I hope the meds are already starting to help.

Natasha - I miss your smiling face in the morning! Hope you're doing something more fun.

Today I'm off to a morning meeting slightly north (just an hour) then home on the phones and email all day. I can live with that

I'm still struggling to stay on plan and seeing some success. I'm getting exercise in though not always as much as I want. Today all meals should be at home which makes a huge difference!

Just today and half a day tomorrow then a long weekend. I can't wait! How is your week going?

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-23-2010 at 06:41 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, cottage. I just got home from work about an hour ago and I've been busy putting a 3rd coat of paint on the study. I skipped out on the gym this morning in order to come get it done but I don't feel guilty about it considering the torture I'm putting my poor body through w/ all that paint rolling, LOL I was hoping 2 coats would do it, but for some reason red paint doesn't cover very well and I can still see the blue underneath. Oh well.

And Cyndi, I would TOTALLY color my hair that color red if I didn't work where I do. If I move on to another job that isn't in public safety (not likely) I will do it, for sure!!! I'd color my hair like Rihanna's current color in a heartbeat...LOVE IT!!! That's about as crazy as I'd go, though...at 34 I think I'd look a little silly w/ pink or green or blue hair. LOL

Alright...time to get back to painting as soon as I harvest my pumpkins on Farmville, LOL

Hope everybody has a great day. I don't have my wireless card at work this week b/c my bestie started having contractions and had to leave work early...obviously, leaving me the wireless card was the LAST thing on her mind at that point, LOL The baby is fine, though, and they were able to stop the contractions again. He's going to be coming a little over a month early as it is, but they don't want him to come THIS early (she's 7 months).

Alrighty, off I go!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:42 AM   #4  

Oops...you snuck in on me there, Cyndi!!! Thanks...it's nice to know I'm missed when I'm not around.

Okay...off for REAL this time, LOL
Old 11-23-2010, 06:51 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Not much interesting here...I do have a conference call with the coalition of shelters in our area who do not euthanize. We're working together on a grant. I'll continue the carpet cleaning and get my list together for TG. I told the hostess that I would like to bring a garden salad "mainly for self preservation, since I am still watching what I eat.", I put it and she was very enthusiastic. I'm really happy about that since we'll be at a location where the food will sit out for half the evening and everyone will just keep grazing.

Linda, would your brother like a free Colorado vacation next summer? I need a bathroom reno.

Cyndi, have a safe day on the roads. I'm really curious about the car you're interested in selling. I could have a plan.

Still waiting for the snow....I'm headed out with Bing.

Have a great OP day, everyone!

Natasha, I agree painting is exercise. I did walk yesterday, even after carpet cleaning, though.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:59 AM   #6  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

This morning was Plyometrics (P90X) which I had to modify my way through - but hey, that's still something, right? 2 days down, 88 to go.

Lunch is leftover white chicken chili again - and I'm darn glad of it. Yum, yum!

Bringing more cheese to work today, since yesterday I was starved by the time I left (the morning exercise thing seems to be making me hungrier, not surprising I guess).

And good morning, everyone! May your day be satisfyingly "on plan" and filled with wonderment and joy.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi ~ How nice to be able to work from home today! I hope your job up north doesn't take too long so you can be home most of the day. Have a good one!

Natasha ~ I agree that painting is terrific exercise and you'll get a grueling workout. I hope this will be the final coat. I thought red would cover anything and am surprised to find out differently. I hope your friend can hang in there another month and am glad the baby is doing ok.

Debbie ~ My brother originally took off this week for deer hunting, but after Jake called to consult with him the other day, he willingly gave up his time to do this for us. I know he'd love a trip to Colorado, as he's been there several times and had actually considered moving out there a few years ago. I'm making a big salad to go with my Thanksgiving dinner, too, specifically Kalyn's Thanksgiving Spinach Salad w/Dried Cranberries, Almonds and Goat Cheese, and I'm also making her Green Apple, Celery, and Walnut Salad w/Lemon-Mustard Vinaigrette. I couldn't decide between the two, so decided to make them both. I hope you get your carpets finished today.

Annie ~ good job on working through that P90X! Even if you do have to modify to suit you, I commend you on not giving up!

Brian should be here soon, so I'm going to have my breakfast and get my lunch salad together. Have a great day, Chickies!
Old 11-23-2010, 09:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hi ladies! Nothing much going on except my doctor's receptionist noticed my weight loss! I'm also getting my hair done today so yea! Here's to a day on plan!
Old 11-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

I am going to be confused about what day it is all week! Sigh. This morning DH and I finally finished our medical insurance application (yes, days and weeks and hours of work on this) so cross your fingers and toes for me

DS1 is flying home today; gets in late tonight.

I bought some knitting needles and yarn yesterday and found a website to reteach myself how to knit. I did it briefly in HS many years ago. I am thinking I need to keep my hands busy when I watch TV at night so I don't snack.

Hope everyone has a great day. Catch ya later.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #10  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

OMG, I need that coffee! Morning everyone We didn't get the predicted snow last night but have a cold foggy day it looks like. Was going to town but may wait to see if the fog lifts.

Cottage, how exciting!

Cyndi, hang in there. Soon we will be past TG and the pressure will be off for a while.

Nat, you're right, red doesn't cover well. Hopefully three coats will work for you though. Glad they were able to stop the contractions.

Lex, hey girl carpet cleaning is exercise too!

Hey Annieoh and Cottage

FO, it's nice when folks notice isn't it?

WT, got everything crossed for you. Great going with the knitting thing. I use crocheting and it does help.

Well I'm out of here to go walk in the fog. Should feel good.

Here's to a good on plan day for all of us trying so hard. We deserve it!

Later
Old 11-23-2010, 11:35 PM   #11  

Evening, ladies. My, this thread was slow today...guess everybody is busy getting ready for turkey day, huh??? I'm at work...thought we had slowed down finally but just heard an officer yell that someone was running from him and had dropped a gun. Fun fun.

If I don't make it on again before Thursday, I hope all you ladies have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Closed Thread