South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 07:10 AM   #16  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Debbie, I hope the skunk situation smell is fading a bit. I see that you already know my skunk-fix solution. Enjoy your time away - it sounds like fun.

Yesterday was fun. Rajiv, Gauri and Dhruv are an Indian family from Toronto who had never seen the real Ontario. We sat out on the sidewalk at Bob's for our pizza as Cousin Bronwen had her two dogs with her. It's pretty sad when traffic slows down when a sari and a turban are spotted in the Village. Once I had a Chinese couple visit and got asked if they were considering opening a restaurant. The villagers need to get out more!

Today I have Church (Jazz's turn to go), a tour of the Mill to do, brunch and then will spend the dregs of the day on a report that has to be in by tomorrow. The former Mill treasurer knew about it since June but "forgot" until 9 last night. Grrr!

Hope you day has patches of FUNlight.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:23 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

No skunks to wake me up, but a couple over on the next block where having a slam-bang, all-out spat, and decided to carry it out on their front lawn for the entire neighborhood to enjoy. We were all sitting out on the sunporch so we couldn't help but listen, and several police cars pulled up in front of their house right before we went to bed. All looks quiet over there right now.

The gang is slowly getting ready to go for breakfast at Cracker Barrel, then home to get ready for another round of partying. Yesterday it was for family and adults, and today is the kid's party. Unfortunately, it looks like rain, so I'm not sure if they'll be any swimming.

Have a great Sunday, and Debbie, have a super mini-vacation!
Old 08-15-2010, 08:03 AM   #18  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a much better morning - no headache and nowhere I have to be (though the ever present List is staring at me ) Thanks for all the well wishes yesterday. The headache passed within hours of getting up. They are caused by a herniated disk and sleeping "wrong" so getting up and stretching the neck usually does the trick. I was hoping to get some silly new car owner pics today for Facebook but the rain might get in the way.

Debbie - Enjoy your time away!

Ruth - Sounds like a fun afternoon yesterday. This whole Mill thing seems to be an unending source of last minute frustration. Hope the report comes together quickly and you get some of your Sunday back.

Cottage - So glad our neighbors are all as dull as us and far away. I hope all the excitement is fun and family filled today!

Rikki - sorry about the brakes Hope the Tomato fest is as fun as it sounds. We have a zucchini festival in Ludlow and a garlic festival in Bennington Labor Day weekend. Guess which one we go to

Cat - I know you squeezed some fun into the weekend between or around rainstorms

Xan -My Mom actually had a catheterization because of heart palpitations and they never found anything. Now they think it might have all been reflux. Hope they figure something out and today is calm.

Honeysox - congratulations on a successful Phase 1! (the car is so clean!)

Matilda - happy weekend. Hope it's relaxing and fun with no family stress

Karen - I got a Fit. I've actually wanted one since they came out and knew it would be my new car when the time came. Certainly made shopping easier. Hope you get a bike ride in today!

Looks like our perfect weekend might have some rain in it. If it stays nice I'm going to drag DW out for a new car ride this afternoon. First the dehydrator awaits along with a list of chores.

Happy Sunday Chicks
Old 08-15-2010, 08:12 AM   #19  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Mmc - How was dinner last night?

Honeysox - He goes to Lafayette College in PA. Research first is good: add things slowwwwllly.

Debbie - The apricots sound yummy. Bing... ugh.

Xan - Sounds scary. Glad to her it was a false alarm.

Cat - Glad school is going well. Summer sure did go by fast!

Rikki - Sounds like a very busy weekend!

Ruth - You paint quiet a picture of your little village My niece just got to her grad school in Canada yesterday. Near Toronto, I think.

Linda - Have fun with the continuing celebrations. (Yours, not the neighbors.)

Cyndi - I am a big Honda fan. I think I have owned one since my first car.

My son made it home safe and sound yesterday. Ended up being 1200 miles since he had a big detour near home where the highway ramp was closed due to a sinkhole collapsing the road. We never go that way so didn't think of it. Bad parents. Hopefully DH and I will ride bikes today although with recent rain it could be a bit muddy. Which makes me very nervous, truth be told. Major menu planning today for my son's dinners at home
Old 08-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #20  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

For those of you not on Facebook, silliness in the new car
Now back to chores.
Closed Thread