South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 06:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Intriguing Tuesday SBD Chatter for 11/10

Good morning!

Intriguing, because we'll see whether I actually get my new stove today. When Dustin went to pick it up yesterday, the store insisted they called me on Sunday to say there was a delay. Strange, I have no records of a phone call or even a message from them. A simple phone call would have saved us a lot of inconvenience if we'd had known. Anyway, they promised it will be in today and gave me a $50 credit. You can bet I won't be doing business with them again in the future. And this is a major national retailer!

It's raining steadily here this morning, so it will be a day for inside chores. I think I'll pull out all the silver and polish that today. I'm not sure whether there will be music lessons, as we're looking for another teacher.

Sophie, I bought another glass top range, and it has the same features that I loved on my other stove. Of course it had to have a self-cleaning oven, and a simmer burner and a warming burner. I just can't wait to get it, LOL!
Old 11-10-2015, 07:02 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Big time bummer, Cottage! Hope you are able to get the stove today. And quite impressive: polishing silver. I can't say that's a something that's ever on my agenda.

I survived my busy Monday and now my Tuesday has a feel of Friday since we have tomorrow off from school. It is cold and frosty right now but clear; I am hoping I may get to walk outside after work today.

To those who asked, I only wanted a 20-lb turkey but I guess the bin had been picked over since it was prime-time Saturday when I went; the biggest one was just under 15 lbs.

I guess I need to get moving; I do have pumpkin spice coffee today.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

DAH-DEE comes home today!!

(that's what I'm telling our puppy dog, Emma Jean, since she is lost without him...)

VERY exciting about your stove, Linda!! I hope this one lasts 15 years. The heating element went out on my new one about 1-2 years later, but has been good since. Although, that's how I got to know my client better that had a heart transplant - he was the repairman! Now, we go to breakfast maybe once a month. I adore him!

PT went okay yesterday, today is the chiro and some other errands. I really need a new recliner, but it gets old after a while! I do need to figure out a nice dinner too, with daddy coming home .

Have a good Tuesday!
Old 11-10-2015, 07:16 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It's a frosty morning here as well but I guess we need to start getting used to that Going in to work today have lots of meetings on agenda. Nothing on agenda for this evening other than trying to stay up past 8 p.m.

Cottage bummer I hope you receive it today, sounds like a gem

Beth this week will be like two mini weeks for you

Tywnn sounds like everyone is excited DH is coming home

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 11-10-2015 at 07:17 AM.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:17 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Linda and chicks to come. "Intriguing" is a gentle word for doing something sneaky, in my opinion. Somebody goofed and made up a story. Maybe you should name the retailer. What are you going to cook first?

We are sunless but not raining today. There is still not a sign of snow in the long-range forecast. I'm hoping it holds off until Christmas Eve! Yesterday was dry and sunny and I did get the leaves swept off the decks and the BBQ and chairs ready for winter. This morning I need to get something to cover the AC and lug the lights and garlands to the front porch.

We have an Events Committee Meeting this afternoon at Anna's house to firm up plans for the Town Hall events through Christmas. Because we have washrooms, we have to be open during Celebrating The Season so are going to set up a small Christmas Shop in the Old Town Hall. This will be a good place for my collection of "re-gifts" and some donated children's books and games. We may as well try to make a few bucks since we have to be open and heated every Saturday.

Time for a dog cuddle and another coffee. I wonder what will be intriguing for me today.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:19 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Tammy, we use the word poppa around here!

Linda, I do hope you get your stove today!

Beth, hope you find a big turkey!

I don't have much time this morning. I got a crazy text from a friend in crisis at 12:30 and didn't get much sleep after that. Finally set the alarm for 4:30 knowing that the bus will be late again today! I am enjoying my coffee right now and my smoothie is already made. Have a great day everyone!

Eta hi Ruth! Hi Rose!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-10-2015 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:20 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good grief! Look at all the chicks who definitely can type faster than I can. Good morning to the rest of the Early Chicks!
Old 11-10-2015, 08:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning everyone.

Sophie sorry to hear DS had a rough go at work. Kids always need their mom no matter what their age.

Linda bummer about the stove, but at least you saved some money on it Sears price matches and then gives an additional 10%. I saved over $300 when I bought my washer and dryer. They refunded my delivery cost too!

Ruth I'm with you the snow can wait. So can the cold temps too

Tammy glad DH is coming home today!!!

Debbie hope your friend is ok.

Pearlrose 8:00 is a respectable bedtime. I have those days where I can't keep my eyes open after dinner.

Beth hope you get your walk in and work flies by.

I need to put on my bi girl pants and go to work. It is nice being off when the only stress is DS lol. Today's crisis he is overdrawn because he forgot about his car insurance. Mind you he had plenty of cash in hand before the weekend. He can learn this life lesson on his own. Mamma is not an ATM.

Joe and I went out to dinner which was nice. He leaves tomorrow for a hunting trip. Even though he doesn't want to spend the money or time because of the house not being done, he really needs to get away. He is doing almost everything on his own. With only weekends off the process is slow. He had it out with his excavator contractor. He is the reason why he can't move in. Truthfully I think the guy just doesn't want to be bothered. Joe still believes he will come through and finish the job, but I doubt it.

Time for another cup then a workout before work. I am intrigued as to how my workday will be....lol not really. Have a great day!
Old 11-10-2015, 08:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

You're a smart momma, Jennifer.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks. Didn't realize I hadn't popped by yesterday. Missed all the stove talk.

My plan today, since I'm off work, is to spend time with DH and MIL. But the pinched nerve in my neck is really acting up and it is very uncomfortable to drive. Not sure I am willing to put in the 45 minutes each way with a constant ache in my arm. Yesterday I tried adjusting the angle of the seat and all sort of positions with a lumbar pillow but couldn't get comfortable. But can't imagine telling DH that I'm not coming because of that. Hmm.

Hope you have a great day.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:57 AM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Linda. Your stove must be lovely. Do tell what you cook on it first or bake.

Beth. Hope you find your 20pounder

Tammy its always nice when everyone is home.

Pearlrose. You would have a good excuse not to make it past 8

Ruth. I'm so with you bout it not snowing till Christmas eve.

Jen. Yes, tough love is sometimes necessay.

Debbie. Sorry about the text. These days there are too mnay ways to communicate.

Karen. Hope you find relief

Whats new.mI'm off to the dentist this afternoon. My dh thinks maybe I'm having an affair. If I am I'm the one paying. He would be so totally not worth it lol
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread