South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-10-2010, 01:27 AM   #1  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Hi, a newby here!!

Hi All,

I'm new to this Diet. I was in the Metabolic Research Center forum. I did that program and lost a lot of weight on it but have gained a lot of it back. I wanted to do something I can do for the rest of my life and the SBD seemed like the one.. So here I am.. I'm nervous. It seems complicated at first but I know I'll get the hang of it. I'm starting Phase 1 07-10-10. I went grocery shopping today and I'm all set. If you have any helpful advice it would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to getting to know all of you and I hope I'm welcomed.
learning2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the forum!!! A lot of people swear by beans to help you get through the first 2 weeks. Just hang in there...the first 2 weeks can be a little hard, but w/ a little determination you CAN make it and you can do it easily.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

You'll find lots of great advice and inspiration here. I suggest you take some time to check out the Frequently Asked Questions section above. If it seems complicated at first, just give it some time and it will become second nature.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:37 AM   #4  
Ventura County, CA

S/C/G: 196.4/190.0/165

Height: 5'7"

The first two weeks can be tough but I just kept in mind that it's only 2 weeks, not 2 months or 2 years. It really does help to give you a clean slate and stop the cravings. Phase 2 is much more livable for everyday life. Good luck!
pamhoff805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:15 PM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

My best advice is to have a lot of variety in your foods. Constantly try out new recipes with lots of fresh ingrediants. Don't ever get bored with what you eat and you'll have it made.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:40 PM   #6  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Thank you for the advice and the welcoming. I was so happy to be directed to the FAQ. That is awesome. I'm amazed at the amount of info on this forum. I look forward to reading all of it.

Thank You..
learning2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195.6/185.6/140

Height: 5'2"

I'm on my fifth day. Yesterday was the best day because I didn't have as many cravings. This afternoon I had guacamole with pepper strips. I thought I would want the tortilla chips if I had guacamole, but I didn't even miss it. And I LOVE chips with my salsa or guacamole. Good luck!!
Jlyne327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:48 AM   #8  
One Day At A Time

Height: 5.6

Hi I am new here as well so we can be newbies together. It is my third day today and I hope I get through it. I am finding it hard but I know that in order to get what I want I have to work for it. I need to make effort otherwise I will stay with this weight seemingly for ever.
hope for recovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #9  

I'm not new to the SBD, but new to the site. I'm glad to be here..'cause I'm looking / needing support. This is day ONE of phase one for me. Lately, I've been in a I DON'T CARE mood, so it's hard for me to get started. About three years ago, I lost 19 pounds on the SBD. So, I know I can do this. I did gain it back after going back to my old ways of eating...and I had a wonderful little boy in May 2009. SO, I'm doing this again all for him! My goal is to lose 17 pounds.
LydiaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #10  
40+ years, 40+ lbs

S/C/G: 192/163/150

Height: 5'7"

I went through P1 a couple of months ago, and was really pleased with the results, but then crashed transitioning to P2 so I AM BACK and restarting p1 today! The first time, I found the first 2-3 days rough, but then it wasn't too bad after that, and it really did knock out the carb cravings (I have a serious sweet tooth and love baked goods and ice cream ). Good luck, and I'm right there with you!
40plus is offline   Reply With Quote