South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 04:50 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Fantastic Friday Beach Chat

Good Morning

Hot beverages abound on this Fantastic Friday morning. I'm planning on hot and steamy coffee. It's damp and chilly this AM and I've even turned the heat up.

We had a successful travel day, yesterday. Kirk was amazed how fast we got back(and we even stopped at Costco). I never have room for extras when we have the kitty and pups, but yesterday I had the opportunity to bring 2 good sized ceramic pots back. I'll get them washed up today...I also brought the good dehydrator back. Organic strawberries are on sale this week so we are going to start drying . Pool is (always) on my list today?

What are you all planning today? Stop by and say hello before heading out and about.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-23-2010, 05:15 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie. I saw you online and just knew you'd come up with a positive start to today - plus coffee! The dog alarm went off at 3 again but I stayed in bed until 4 trying to convince myself I am not sick. No luck because this cold has settled in.

Tash, short for mustache, is fitting in well. He decided to take over Jazz's bed last night and J. let him have it. Sort of crazy because Ernie brought his own bed, a huge wicker thing with a thick cushion. Right now they are all back asleep, nobody in the big wicker bed. I may use it myself!

Lots to do today with Paul finally coming to install my new doors. I'll be herding dogs to keep them from escaping to terrorize the Village! I won't be doing much gardening today but do have desk and house stuff to do. I may throw on some chicken soup.

Strawberries! I checked out the Farm yesterday and the strawberry fields are still covered with straw. We should have local berries by the end of June - I hope I can wait that long. The ones in the stores at the moment look great but are tasteless! I've used all my supply of dried berries but do have a couple of packs in the freezer.

I hope you all have a great TGIF and save some energy for the weekend.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:46 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning Ruth, I started reading, and had a big long sigh to hear you're confirming a cold. I'm so sorry and I hope it passes quickly! I always enjoy the dog stories...what a nice wicker bed and they've made their own plans. Bing got invited on our road trip and had a very nice time...he seemed to notice that he was very special. Get that chicken soup going and take care of yourself today, amidst your many "have to's".
Old 04-23-2010, 05:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Debbie and Ruth. I'm pulling up a chair and joining you with my hot, frothy coffee, too.

Debbie, did you get a good deal on those pots? I have ceramic pots on my front stoop and want to replace all the clay ones on my back patio with ceramic ones, and I want them all to be cobalt blue. I bought a big box of strawberries at BJ's last week that looked perfect and was very disappointed when I opened the carton to find most of them were bruised. Good luck with yours.

Ruth, chicken soup sounds like the perfect antidote to treat that cold. I hope the pups don't keep you too busy trying keep them inside while the doors are being installed! Try to rest up today and get rid of that cold!

I have first load of clothes in the washer, and after my date with Wii this morning, I'm going to go visit Mom & Dad a bit and take her back her cake plate. Dad's rhubarb was just about ready to pick last time I was there, and Mom just may have made a rhubarb custard pie. She's a diabetic, so it will be SF and I won't eat the crust!
Old 04-23-2010, 06:17 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Hey all! Not sure whether I should really crow about this, since I've been struggling to stay on plan, but I weighed (with trepidation) this morning and nearly passed out when the scale read 159.4 - a loss of almost a pound, but the first time I've been out of the 160s in a couple of years. It is really so encouraging to show a loss. My April goal was 157, which means I would have to lose 2.4 more lbs. by the end of next week and I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen, but I'm still a little closer!

I went to the ortho about my "tennis elbow", which is the excuse I've been using about why I haven't been to the gym (I know). He gave me a brace and told me to ice it 2x per day for 20 minutes. He also told me to work out using light weights to strengthen the surrounding muscles and ligaments. There goes my excuse for not going to the gym! We're away this weekend, so I'll be back at the gym on Monday.

Hope everyone has a great day...again, I'm jealous about all the gardening talk!

Last edited by Mmckellen; 04-23-2010 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:56 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi, Linda. Actually one of these pots travelled from Alaska and the second was from a thrift store. I did just see some large and beautiful ceramic ones at Costco...didn't really check out color because when I get too close I want to buy! I tasted these strawberries yesterday and they were better than usual. Ahh...rhubarb, I'm going to make some SF jam today with my first pick. Do you have any other creative SBD rhubarb recipes? Enjoy your day off!

Mmc, crow about it! Congrats on your scale movement! Good to hear you have an exercise plan in the works...it really helps.

Back to work....I got all the new animals input for our rescue group and need to visit with Rudi outside Mom is coming Sunday for her first Spring visit so my main focus is going to be transforming her house from "winter storage/sewing/misc cr*p" to cute vacation cottage...
Old 04-23-2010, 06:58 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning from the land of dial-up. It's a shopping day for Mom and I today with waterfalls tomorrow. I actually got my Mom to use Facebook to post a note for DD last night. that will surprise her

Debbie - Glad to hear the trip went well and you aren't stuck in a snow bank! What dehydrator book did you buy? I'm seriously thinking about selling mine and buying the better one this year. I need to do a little more reading to make sure it's worth it.

Ruth - take care of that cold. Some rest and soup sound perfect.
I've been watching the strawberry fields here too. Can't wait

Cottage - I adore rhubarb! yum

Mmc - congratulations on the drop! I like your ortho - ice and exercise

I'm off to drink more coffee. I bring my own and have to make it with a melitta. talk about roughing it Happy Friday all
Old 04-23-2010, 07:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Debbie - thanks for getting us started. Do you mind if I join you at the pool? We finally got rid of the DH's dehydrator a few years ago (it was his ex-girlfriends), and now I'm wishing I had it...

Ruth - what a cute picture of the 3 kids! Tash is an adorable name. I love it when owners come up with something more unique (I think I'm seeing a kitten named Reese today, although there aren't too many "reese"s in the computer!)

Cottage - we have rhubarb growing outside at the new house we bought. When do you know when to pick it? THe allrecipes.com recipe of the day today is strawberry rhubarb pie, which my husband loves. I need guidance!!

MMCK - Congratulations!! Of course you deserve to crow about it!! I think the last lbs are hard to remove (and keep off!). Yay for you!!

Me - TGIF. I worked the last four weekends, and am definately looking forward to this one. (hopefully, the kiddos will help make it pleasant) It's my bosses long weekend, which means I work longer today, but then I'm offf.....wooooohooooO! I hope to work on the garden, it really needs to be done...and clean the house. Today, though, I hope to get a quick run in after work with the pup (who is quite traumatized by the new invisible fence) before making supper.

Have a grand day, all!

Cyndi - enjoy the weekend with mom!!

Last edited by TwynnB; 04-23-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Good morning all!

Mmc, Congrats on the loss! I can't wait to get into the 150's too. Well done! I hope your elbow gets better soon, sounds like you have a great ortho.

cottage, have a nice visit with your mom and dad.

Cyndi, hope you have a fun day shopping.

Twynn, Amen to your TGIF! How nice to get a weekend off!

Debbie, Do you work for an animal rescue or volunteer? Either way, how cool!

Ruth, I was laughing when you talked about your dogs and their beds, so funny. Sorry about your cold, I hope you feel better soon.

I have a full day planned. I got most of the master bedroom painted yesterday (yay!) I just have one more wall and the tray ceiling left. Then I need to hang the curtains, I'm going to wait for DH to get home to help me with that. And then I need to catch up on folding the laundry that I've neglected for the past few days with all this painting. LOL

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:05 AM   #10  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Mmc - congratulations!
I don't think my feet touched the ground all day when I finally saw 159 on my scale. lol You've worked hard for it - I'm glad you're 'crowing' about it.

Things aren't so good here, so I don't have much to say. I'm very thankful that I can be here though so I'll leave it at that. I've been reading posts every day this week but haven't had much time for posting.

Take good care of yourselves my friends and have a great Friday!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Perfect thread title for me... typing on my porch with a view of the beach in Sanibel! Managed to surprise hubby with his old friends meeting us last night. One of the friends was surprised too; the other we think caught a whiff of plans on his shared email with wife. Having fun. Stayed OP so far with yummy food but ate more than I would at home. Just going to be as careful as I can. Walked the beach for an hour today since I will not join the others biking later and when we kayak I will sit like Cleopatra and let DH do the work. Darn broken bone!

Mmc - Awesome!

Hi and hugs to all. Should put down the laptop. And get sunscreened up and watch the guys throwing frisbee around on the beach.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8"

Chelsea, I see the scale has moved for you too! Congrats...

Heidi, I am thinking of you.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:05 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Wow...I actually snuck back for a little nap with Bing after determining it too wet to ride my bike today.

Cyndi, no book, just Dehy. back-we had it at the other house. I'll be interested to see if you do get a new one. I do still love Melitta. Have fun today.

Twynn, TGIF...glad you're planning a run. Exciting to plan your first garden. BTW-when you're ready, just get a new dehydrator...the old ones are pretty funky sometimes! Oh, and join me at the pool anytime!:wink:

Chelsea, congrats on MBR progress! I volunteer for a local rescue-I do all the computer input on animals/adoptions. I can do it from home and it really helps the director. WIN-WIN!

Heidi,

Karen, ahh...Sanibel...now I know what you meant about the bikes! Have fun anyway!

MMC,

I'm going to see if I can take in my swimsuit with my serger. I'm starting to get comments about the saggy butt! I have plans for another, but am very close to being another size down so think I'll wait a bit.

See ya'll later!
Old 04-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Mmc- congratulations that is great news.

Today is wfh but have tons to do- tonight have to start moving everything out to the garage for the sale tomorrow. We have rain in the forecast for overnight and tomorrow afternoon so hopefully during will be okay- dd2 wanted to do on front lawn versus back in the garage but can't do with rain in the forecast and also found out the village 5 miles down is having city wide garage sale so not sure how the turnout will be- last time last time, that is what I always say.. the last time was 3 years ago I need to learn hehe

Have a great day everyone- I am on day 6 of clean Phase 1 and feel great did not get any blahs or headaches but I knew I wouldn't because I wasn't having cravings before I started. The scale has leveled off the past two days which is to be expected.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mmc, congratulations on reaching a new decade!

Karen, enjoy your vacation at the beach!

Cyndi, hope you and your mom find some good bargains today! Melitta coffee isn't too bad!

Heidi,

Debbie and Twynn, I use my regular recipes for rhubarb crisp, pies and sauce, and just adapt the recipes with SBD friendly ingredients.
Twynn, you know the rhubarb is ready to be picked when the stalks are at least 10" long and sturdy looking. At least, that's what I go by.

Laundry's done, workout done, house tidied-up, and Mom didn't make a SF pie yet. She had made 2 with sugar, one for the neighbor and 1 for my dad, so I just had coffee. I'm better off without the pie, but I sure was looking forward to a piece. I just finished switching out my closet and am aghast at how many clothes I have. I weeded through them and put aside a pile to take to Goodwill, but still can't understand why it seems I never have anything to wear.

Hi, Pearlrose! You snuck in while I was still posting. Yay for having a good repeat of Phase 1!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-23-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Closed Thread