South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 06:19 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Friday Frolics and Fabulous Fun

Sorry for the alliterative title but it popped up when I typed Friday. I hope you get to work in a bit of a frolic and do have some fun. I'm going to have to really search for mine. I just may do a doggie playtime before I start my busy day.

Went to Kingston yesterday all set to shop after my periodontist appointment but discovered I'd left my wallet at home! So much for planning. When I got home, I discovered that the yard contractor and his merry men had been here and all the raking was done. It certainly freshened things up out there. I still have some garden beds to clear off but that major job is done.

Jam packed day today with baking and a meeting with the soccer coaches about where we are at for fund raising. I think they underestimated the cost of taking 18 girls to Sweden for ten days. We may need to talk to the Mayor about bridge financing.

Saturday and Sunday will be Syrup Festival days. I will be soooo sick of pancakes, syrup and sausage by Sunday night. When you cook the stuff, you lose your appetite for it. I always make a couple of loaves of sandwiches for the workers to eat on Sunday.

For now....more coffee and some dog cuddling.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday's Finesse

Happy Friday, Chicklets!

It's looking to be a cold, rainy weekend here, but I refuse to let that get me down. I will have Amber and Tyler all day tomorrow, though, so I'll have to find a fun activity to do with them.

I've already cleaned the bathroom, so I'm all done with the housework and have the rest of the day free until it's time to go pick up Audrey & Maggie from school and drop them off to spend the weekend at their grandparent's house. That should only take a couple of hours, though, and I don't mind.

I have a few errands to run after my workout this morning, but I then I think I'll take advantage of this rainy day to curl up on the couch and read my book.

How's your Friday shaping up?
Old 04-16-2010, 06:26 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth Sounds like another busy weekend for you! I love the smell of real syrup but am not too tempted by it most days.

No time for frolicking and probably no fabulous fun here today. It's another non-stop busy day. Half a day of work, yoga, doctor's appt., shopping, home to pack and on the road. DW is part of an art show at the NWS center at Plum Island so we are off to the coast all weekend. Sadly the weather looks pretty awful, not so good for business there. At least I get to meet my first Chick (hmm, what's a male chick??) and have dinner with a good friend. I'm going to drag some warm and waterproof stuff out of storage so I can still do some birding. Speaking of, I need to get that packing done this morning.

Happy Friday all

ETA - Enjoy your down time Cottage. Sounds like a perfect day

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-16-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:28 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

You beat me to it, Ruth! Sounds like you have a busy weekend. Ours is pretty calm.

I just didn't have the energy to work on my photos last night - had to take a break. The goal is to finish the project this weekend, then I've got to shop for a scrapbook to put photos and other stuff that is too big to fit in the little sleeves of the photo albums I have. Anyone here a scrapbooker and have recommendations for a supply website? Have a great day everyone!!
Old 04-16-2010, 06:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I hope the weather holds for the Syrup Festival, Ruth! I'd think I'd be pretty sick of looking at pancakes by the end of the weekend, too. We're still enjoying that fabulous Delta maple syrup, although I indulge very sparsely with it.

Cyndi, that's a shame about the weather for Julie's show. Maybe people will be looking for something to do and she'll have a good turnout, anyway. Have a fun meet-up with Bill! BTW, I think a male chick would be called a Rooster?

Mmc, sorry, no help here. I'm not a scrapbooker, but I know there are home-parties for it. If you Google it, I'm sure you'll discover lots of good sources for materials. Both Michael's and AC Moore also carry plenty of supplies.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:37 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Ruth! I am definitely interested in some Fun and Frolics on this Fabulous Friday! Taking the pups out always makes me happy...they always have fun and Bing frolics enough for both. The good news about forgetting your wallet is that it saves money! Have a great day and maybe you can try to find a moment for yourself later on.

Linda, darn! about the weather...at least you will have the kids to help come up with something fun. Enjoy your day off!

Cyndi, ditto on the crummy weather...at least you have new boots! Take care on this busy Friday and be safe in travelling.

Mmc, you've done a fantastic job on the photos. I hope you are able to push through to the finish and find a bit of fun this weekend.

I'm feeling on track this AM. Bing and I have cruised the yard, the diswasher is running and I have at least an hour here to catch up with all of you AND get my Beck homework done. Pool this morning then maybe some yard projects this afternoon before doing my hair and getting ready for Rudi's big event. Lots of food tonight so I need to set some parameters, too.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:03 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

I'm dragging this morning. Between my allergies, worries about my folks and the wild week of school, meetings and other commitments I'm worn out. The good news is today is Friday and the start of our spring break so if I can make it through today I'll have 9 days to rejuvenate!

I'm posting late this morning so I don't have time for personal messages but reading your posts cheered me up on a dreary morning.

Have a fabulous Friday friends!
Old 04-16-2010, 07:07 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
BTW, I think a male chick would be called a Rooster?
In this case that's probably accurate but what about most of the guys here? We use Chick not Hen so what's the male equivalent? Okay, I'm not going to lose sleep over this but any farm folks around here?
Old 04-16-2010, 07:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning all

Ruth - Today I was blogging about some of the foods I miss on SB and I totally forgot about how much I love pancakes and waffles and french toast until I read your post. My mouth is watering.

Linda - What are you reading? I have another appointment with the orthopedic today and am actually looking forward to reading while I wait. And wait.

Cyndi - A male chick? Seems we lost the one or two that ventured in here a few months ago. What kind of art does DW make?

Mmc - I scrapbook but haven't bought online. You have motivated me to work on mine this week with your own project. That is a good thing since my stuff has been laying out for months staring me in the face.

Debbie - I hope you and Rudi have a great time.

Heidi - Any exciting plans for your break?

I had a weird sort of NSV yesterday. I bought a sundress for my upcoming trip ($20 at Target). I actually tried it on a second time at home and asked DH if it was too small. (I hardly ever ask his opinion about clothes.) We both agreed it was not... but it was more fitted than what I usually wear. All my sundresses are baggy knit, the kind that forgave the extra pounds. My shirts are all baggy too. This dress actually fits, I think, and it feels so strange. I'm not 100% sure I can be comfortable wearing it! The whole experience was odd. My body is making progress but my mind has a ways to go to catch up?
Old 04-16-2010, 07:52 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Well, if you Google chick sex, you get a lot of interesting information! There doesn't seem to be a name difference - they are just called "chicks". I learned a lot of other stuff but won't bore or shock you with the details.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Well, if you Google chick sex
Oh that cracked me up! Thanks for the laugh
Old 04-16-2010, 08:04 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

FYI-Immature male chickens of less than a year's age are called cockerels.(wikkipedia)

Heidi, sorry to hear you're a bit worn out, but really glad to hear that you have Spring break to recouperate!

Karen, I hear ya on the mind catching up! Thanks for the link, and have a great day.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:51 AM   #13  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning Chicks

LOL about googling "chick sex" This made me laugh.

Debbie Have so much fun tonight. You must be so proud of your Rudi!

Heide Enjoy your spring break.

The kids have spring break next week. I am taking Wed-Fri off to spend time with them. Just not sure what we are going to do.

Hope you all have a great day

Tammie
Old 04-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

This is The Discovery Channel! So, male members could be called cockerels - not to be shortened, by the way.

Now I absolutely MUST get my real world back on track! The oven is heating and the recipe cards are all out on the counter.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:18 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Had some drama unfolding- DD1 Prom date- appendix ruptured so poor thing is the hospital- DD was so upset last night- not about him not being able to go to prom but about his appendix rupturing.

DS get this- has a sectional track meet- the same day as graduation night at school- whatever possessed the school not to check sports events schedules before scheduling graduation??? The meet is 1 1/12 hours away. DS events are normally first thing of the event so we are going to go and then drive him home so hopefully we will be back in time for 8 p.m. Graduation time. They also picked a Thursday night for graduation so now some relatives cannot get in from out of town (all of our relatives live atleast 8 hours away).

I am not going to stress, I am not going to stress - where is my yoga dvd...lol

Have a great day everyone
Closed Thread