South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 07:59 AM   #16  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning

Congrats to the Saints fans!!!

I hope you all have a great day. Today my boss and one of the other girls will be out today. I still have a ton of things to get done for the Travel Show in March. I love my job, but I would like to have more days off. LOL I can't wait till next weekend when I get a three day weekend.

Linda- I always want to call you Theresa I think I see "the sea" and think of Theresa. Be careful out there. I hope you didn't get hurt with your fall.

FO good luck on the job interview. Woohoo on the almost to the 200's. your doing awesome on this WOE.

Cyndi Glad your job isn't getting rearranged.

Karen- Have a great day. Great job on the treadmill.

Debbie- Have fun at yoga.

Heidi hope the puppy is ok. I love my dogs and they both think they are kids and not dogs. LOL

Congrats Cat and Chelby!!!! I thought you two last night when the Saints won.

MMC you can do it at the event. You will be great.

Kara- I know about cleaning. My house always looks lived in. I clean and clean and never seem to get anywhere. I really need to get some decluttering done of all the closets. I still ahven't started, but I think I will this coming long weekend.

Hope you all ahve a great day.

Take care

Tammie
Old 02-08-2010, 10:20 AM   #17  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I got organized early this AM...15 min before heading to the pool.

Chelby, Happy Mondat! Hope you have a better office day today!

Tammie, you always bring me fond memories of the travel agency. I'm glad you've found the knack for planning and cooking ahead on Sunday. It sure helps me come mid week!

See ya'll later!
Old 02-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back from the gym after a bad start to the day. I wish I were more thick-skinned about criticism. You'd think I'd be mature at 71!

I was late because the darned alarm didn't go off and I lay in bed until 6:30 waiting for it to beep. Time for yet another new clock - I may get an electric with a battery back-up.

No time for personals as I have a huge list but I hope you all have a great Monday.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:39 AM   #19  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hi Ruth! I was missing you this morning.

How was the birthday party yesterday?

Just for the record - I am so very grateful for all you and the other mods do around here. You keep us on task and keep everything organized. Without you we would be buried in redundant threads, information would be hard to find, and the warmth would disappear.

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-08-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Well, the snow’s still out there. As I work from home, no day off for me, although Quantico is closed, so should be a quiet day.
Since we’ve got more snow coming, I guess I’ll restock the kitchen later on, run some other errands, and get us out of the house for a bit while we can. Maybe we’ll go out to dinner or see a movie.
Poor DH must think I’m divorcing him. All the emails I send to his .mil account are bouncing back, and doesn’t look like he’s checked his personal email, so he hasn’t heard from me since he left. Hopefully he’ll figure it out soon.

Ouch cottage, hope you didn’t get banged up too much in the fall.
Mmc, they close the schools before you get the weather? In my county they never announce until 5AM of the day. Even when it’s for sure, like today. I still have to get up to check, drives me crazy.
Heidi, now that youngest is in middle school, I won’t have to do the valentines or heart-shaped refreshments this year, wa-hoo!
Your menu sounds great kara, and I’m jealous of your clean and organized house. Although my office is almost there, and I am pretty proud of it.
Sophie and Chelby, when I was a kid, my dad used to bring home bushels of crabs for $7 or we’d go to my Aunt’s pier and catch ‘em ourselves. When I checked last summer, a bushel was $200! The gool ol’ days…

Good morning Ruth, Cyndi, Tammie, Debbie, Okie, Cat, Twynn, Karen, Have a great day all.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #21  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon chickies

Cottage - glad you are ok that ice can be dangerous
Mmc - you will get your whoosh soon
Heidi - Valentines, I guess the kids need something in the middle of winter.
Kara - I agree with Karen I still remember those messy teenage years.
Okie - good luck with interviews.
Debbie - you have your day so organized, bet you can't wait till Friday morning
Chelby - Auston has been too quiet lately, what is he up to.
Ruth - glad your home safely
Cyndi - a boring Monday so how many more days till Friday?
Schmoodles, those bouncing emails are so annoying
everyone else have a great day

me - I walked the mall again today and as I was walking I was thinking that I should write some sort of song - I walk the mall. Can't wait to walk outside. Although its not too bad, I hate sand on sidewalks. Having cod tonight, the halibut was delicious yesterday and will have monkfish on Wednesday.
take care
Sophie

me - n

\
n
Old 02-08-2010, 01:08 PM   #22  

S/C/G: maintaining

Debbie - Good sunflowery morning. Yoga water classes sound intriguing.

Chelby - I am waiting for your southern stamp of approval on the cornbread

Tammie - How luck to love your job

Ruth - I THINK YOU ROCK! Thanks for being our moderatorand I second Cyndi's thanks to you all!

Schmoodle - Are the roads clear? I saw lots of images on the news of people still waiting to be plowed out.

Sophie - How are you preparing your fish? Seems to me that cod is pretty bland on its own. I actually found a salmon recipe that both of my teens will eat... happily. I won't share it because it is not really SB pure. But it thrills me that my kids will finally eat some fish. And request it, even.

Later chicks.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #23  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Cabin Fever like whoa here today!! We can't even get to the grocery store the roads are so bad an 5-10 more Wed and another storm this weekend!

Lost a pound which is good. Slow, but good. Gotta keep at it. Happy Monday. I am going to nap.

Last edited by jenne1017; 02-08-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:11 PM   #24  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

Quick flyby for me as I am swamped with work, hope everyone is doing well. I was completely off plan eating yesterday so I am back on track today. It's that dang stuck needle on the scale that always gets me regardless of inches, mind over matter..... I really need to throw away the scale and just stay on track.

Have a great day everyone. Snow is coming our way depends on how much rather the kids will have a snow day. My 6 year old wants one but I don't think the HS ones want it
Old 02-08-2010, 04:56 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 210/200/167

Height: 5'10"

Hey Ladies!!

I made it through the superbowl without eating anything bad! Although I was tempted to eat these brownies that my brothers had. I made some peanut butter cookies instead.

Today I'm feeling hopeless about weight loss to be honest. I've been stuck at 200 for like four days!!! It must be the introduction of my carb serving. But I guess its good that I haven't GAINED. Plus, I haven't had time to jog lately. So maybe it will come off in a couple of days.

I admit to eating a small piece of licorice at school today. My Professor offered them to us as a reward for coming to class despite the snow...and I felt rude not taking one. It WAS fat free, so that is slightly better I guess. And one piece shouldn't kill me. I'll just work out for an extra bit tomorrow.

I hope your days are going well!
Old 02-08-2010, 05:10 PM   #26  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Peep!
Hey Ladies just a quickie b/c I'm almost out the door for a grocery run
Kara I'm covered in Mud!
Picking up some Ph 2 stuff tonight @ the store
Just going to focus on being healthy and exercising which is the 1 good thing I've been doing
oh and I'm giving up candy and assorted Junk food for lent and My good things are exercising 5 days per week and eating more veggies.
Will try to get in tomorrow AM!
Kier
PS GO SAINTS!!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #27  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Ruth I second or third what Cyndi said. I agree having the mods here has made rejoining sb much easier. Also all the other non-mod experts too.

Tammie
Old 02-08-2010, 09:00 PM   #28  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
Just for the record - I am so very grateful for all you and the other mods do around here. You keep us on task and keep everything organized. Without you we would be buried in redundant threads, information would be hard to find, and the warmth would disappear.
Ditto here, Ruth. The morning just isn't the same when you're not in it.

Well, I tried to get back all day and it just wasn't in the plan. I was exhausted and decided I'd better nap...got up to phone calls and had to make a trip out of town-Bing was happy to go with me.

to everyone I missed today!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #29  

S/C/G: maintaining

Jenn- I heard the federal government even closed for the day!

Rose - Did you see the superbowl commercial about snow days? My HS son always wants one. Sigh.

Tiger - I hear you! I have actually gained and am eating well and exercising. I am a little discouraged... not a lot yet... but I may get there soon. Sigh. I cut out the cracker I had added in.

KO - Sounds like a good plan for lent.

I'm just trying to stay awake until time to go to bed! Catch ya all tomorrow.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:27 AM   #30  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Govt is closed for tomorrow too and my office said to be prepped to stay home through Thursday.

I need to go food shopping tomorrow morning but we threw out half of our food last power outage. Any recs on what I can buy and keep in a cooler (whole wheat wraps, turkey, ham, cheese sticks are the staples) our outside of one? I am trying to stay more phase 1 as with my stomach issues, I've been in a super fast phase 2. Need to slow it down a bit.

THanks Ladies! You're the best!
Closed Thread