South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 08:50 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Very apprehensive about this week's weigh in

Last week when I weighed on Friday (first thing in the am, after going to the bathroom, before coffee or any liquid) I weighed 162.2. Then on Sunday when I had my physical, I was weighed with clothes and shoes on, after breakfast and coffee (eaten literally minutes before i was weighed in) and the scale in the drs. office said 168.8! But then I noticed that the nurse wrote on the chart 163. I don't know what that meant and didn't ask, perhaps because I was afraid of the answer (i.e. she had made a mistake). Or, maybe they know the scale is off by a certain amount. Who knows.

Part of the reason I didn't pursue this is that I find myself at a weight where I have been many times before on Weight Watchers and that I can't sustain. I would get down to 163 or 162 and then gain back 3 lbs. or so, and eventually give up. I'm CONVINCED that I will get on the scale on Friday (my weigh in day) and it will say 165, or higher. Or, that I can't go any lower than 162 or 163.

I just wanted to share. I know I have to just recommit to being ok with whatever the scale says. I just don't want to get discouraged again. Thanks for listening.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

I always am several pounds higher at any doctor's office. I am sure it is because, like you, I weigh at home after peeing and before eating/drinking. No clothes but underwear either

I say don't worry about it and just keep tracking your weight on your own scale.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:11 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Some offices deduct a certain amount for shoes and clothing, so that may have been why they wrote down a different number. I wouldn't sweat it. Remember a pint's a pound, so any food and liquids eaten before weighing in would add up quickly plus your clothing. You'll be fine.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:44 PM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Also remember that because that scale is used SOOO much, it will be slightly off kilter. She may be accounting for that and the rest. I like this doctor's office!

You know what? The number is a number. I know it FEELS important but don't let it. I realized tonight that I have a lot more energy after only 3 weeks. I even took the garbage AND recyclables to the curb for DW, who was VERY appreciative. I just had the energy and bam, did it.

Just remember to stick with it. You will show 161 who is boss!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 11:54 PM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I struggle with this as well. I think a lot of the reason why I've spent the last year and a half bouncing between 144 and 137 is because I just don't believe I can actually make my goal. I know it sounds bizarre, but as soon as I get close to any goal I seem to sabotage myself and miss it. I don't think I have ever made my monthly weight goal that I've posted on here. Ever. That goal I had to get 100 points for the new shoes was the first ticker I have ever put to the end and I've been posting on this forum for almost three years. I honestly don't know what my problem is, but maybe we can figure it out together?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:33 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

I know from when I was in the Military they always deducted weight for clothes if my memory serves me correctly 3 lbs for clothes only and 5 lbs if you had your shoes on. Trust me if you had your shoes and clothes on you will be fine for your weighin tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:48 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Thanks guys. I am really hoping that on Friday I will weigh 161 or even 160. I know I can't get hung up on the number but unfortunately, I am hung up on this number!! As long as I stay OP I have to lose eventually right?
Old 01-26-2010, 04:31 PM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

That is the theory.
Closed Thread