South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #1  

Default Dairy?

I'm getting ready to venture into Phase I tomorrow after I hit the grocery store. The first time I did SBD, I lost 10 lbs in one week. I hope I'm just as successful this time around.

I heard on another SBD forum that dairy is limited to two servings. I don't recall reading that in the book (I have the 2003 hardback). I know that dairy needs to be reduced fat or fat-free, but does anyone know if there is a serving limit?

Thanks in advance!

Annie
Old 01-23-2010, 08:17 PM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Annie and

Here is a link to a section in our forum which includes P1 and P2 food lists.
SBD Frequently Asked Questions

I would suggest getting a copy of the Supercharged book from your library and refreshing yourself on the principles of SBD.

Best Wishes!
Old 01-23-2010, 08:25 PM   #3  

Yeah I printed that out the other day. So they are basically considering dairy milk, yogurt, and half & half? I eat a lot of reduced fat cheese, which is why I was wondering. Do you know if there is a serving limit for low fat cheese?
Old 01-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

The Phase 1 list which you can access in the FAQ link separates cheese and dairy. The cheeses don't have limitations, except it's noted that blue cheese is used in moderation.

Dairy is allowed 2 c per day on P1, except for half and half which is limited to 2 tablespoons.

While RF cheese isn't limited, many beachers feel their WL is slowed by eating cheese and they limit intake. For me, it doesn't seem to be a problem
Old 01-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #5  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

I didn't limit cheese on phase 1. Although most of the time I ate lf or rf cheese I did partake in some regular cheese too. I wouldn't suggest this for everyone. I had some in the fridge and limited my intake of this kind of cheese.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:11 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Generally I consider dairy (which should be 2 servings per day) to be ff or lf milk or yogurt. Cheese, even cottage cheese, is cheese and I always try to limit that to 2 servings per day.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:18 PM   #7  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I try to limit my cheese to 2 servings a day too. Sometimes I squeeze in an extra one. Love cheese!
Closed Thread