South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 06:29 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Chatter

Good morning from Drizzling Delta. It's a wet and muddy paw morning around here. At least we are above freezing.

I was saved from going way off plan for dinner last night. A friend called to ask me to meet him in town for Chinese and I managed to lock the keys in the car. By the time CAA came and rescued me, it was too late to drive to town. Just as well! I did have two sets of keys but dear departed Lucy stole the other set and it's buried somewhere in the dog yard.

Donna and I are off to the gym this morning and then she is going to clean. I am going to just stay out of her way and set up some sewing blocks to take with me to the States next week, not that I'm planning to be bored. I've already caught up on my baking and stashed it in the freezer so she can have free range in the kitchen.

There's a concert at the Church tomorrow evening to kick off the Delta Christmas celebrations. I am hoping to get the outside decorated but it may have to be tomorrow morning if the rain keeps up. I'm dedicated but not dedicated enough to get soaked.

How does your TGIF look? And what's happening on the weekend?
Old 11-20-2009, 06:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday's Finesse!

Coffee, anyone?

TGIF, and it's looking like the rain has moved out of here. I'm sipping my coffee while contemplating what needs doing today. I already have a load in the washer, and am keeping an eye on the machine, since it's starting to act up. I can't complain, though, because the washer is way over it's life expectation and has never given me trouble before. I just hope it holds out until after the holidays, though, since I really would like Santa to bring me something other than a new washing machine for Christmas.

There's the usual housecleaning to do this morning, then I think I'll finalize plans for Thanksgiving dinner and make up a shopping list.

So how's your Friday looking?
Old 11-20-2009, 06:45 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth It's rainy here too. Sounds like an unusually relaxing day Hope the rain lets up in time for your decorating.

Today I'm off to a meeting on the other side of the state. It's a noon then work until we are done meeting. I sure hope that doesn't take more than a couple of hours with the almost 3 hour drive. At least it's relatively warm so I don't have to worry about snow over the mountains. Apparently it was snowing when Julie got to work yesterday

I finally saw a little downward movement in the scale this morning I hope that trend continues.

I think this will be a Trader Joe weekend. Seems like we have something every other weekend until the end of the year so this will be it. We are also going to go to Northampton to do a little early shopping. It's a fun town with great little shops and really unusual gifts. I'm sure there will also be lunch at our favorite vegetarian restaurant.

Hope all your Friday is starting out bump free and slides into the weekend

ETA - good morning Cottage. Santa should not be allowed to bring household appliances unless he is showing up to use them! See you this evening on FB

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-20-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:50 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning Ruth! I'm sorry to read about your car key fiasco - but it sounds like you've got the right attitude about it.

Cottage, you get busy early! I haven't even rinsed my tea cup yet, never mind starting a load of laundry. lol

Good news about the scale this morning, Cyndi!

This is the big night - I'm heading to the church right after school for the teens' overnighter. I'm a little worried that I'll be half asleep and shove stuff in my mouth without thinking - just because it's what I do at lock-in's! I've got my OP snacks all packed and I'm bringing a little bit less cash than usual so I won't be able to give in to the tempting but over priced snack bar at the hockey game. lol All in all I'm looking forward to the event, we've got a great bunch of kids and I always have fun with them.

Have a great Friday ladies!
Old 11-20-2009, 06:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I took so long writing my post, that I had to end up merging it with Ruth's.

Ruth, I'm glad you're bring some of those quilting blocks along, as I'm eager to see your work. I guarantee you won't have a chance to get bored while you're here, but we can both work on our needlework projects in the evenings. I pulled out that cross-stitch wreath I've been working on for more than a year, and I'm determined to finish it by Christmas.

Cyndi, I guess all our rain from yesterday went North. I plan a trip to Trader Joe's sometime this weekend, too. I'm looking forward to my Friday night glass of wine tonight. Which reminds me, I need a trip to Total Wine to stock up for next week.

ETA: Morning, Heidi! I hope all goes well tonight!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-20-2009 at 06:57 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone.
I am so glad it is Friday. Just have to make it through today and I am good to go. The ball is tomorrow night. But tomorrow morning I have to go cut out bears for a hospice fund raiser. Then on Sunday there is a craft fair on base. I love going because people put such great stuff out. Well I just wanted to stop on and say hi. I hope everyone has a terrific day. I'm off to make myself some breakfast.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:06 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Good Morning

Just a quickie Hi this morning-I slept in and it sounds like Ruth, Cyndi and Heidi may be off already!

Cottage, I could think of some really nice appliances for my list! I hope it's your day off!

I didn't get home until 8:30 last night and it's a busy one again today. Workout (pool) then a nice walk to church to help reorganize-they just did a remodel. I'm hoping to get all my chores done so DH and I could sit down and play this new game I got him tonight-Its called "Worst Case Scenario Survival Game". I'm hoping to entice him on Friday nights with good food and my company and hope he forgets about watching 3 hours of Survivorman reruns. They make me want to b**f!

Have a great day everyone! I need to get the doggies outside for morning investigating.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

RUth - hmmmm...fate setting in, me thinks?

Cottage - Ditto on the NO APPLIANCES for Christmas. It would be best to wait for post Christmas sales.

Cyndi - YAY on the downward trend! Congrats! I know it's a bit harder at the end point, it bounces A LOT!

Heidi - WOW. You're such a brave woman. Hmmph. I wonder if I'll be that brave when my kids are older? (and I wonder if they'll want me there??!!?)

Silly - We lived in NC for 8 years...just visited the in-laws a couple of weeks ago, in Kinston (Deep Run). How long are you in Jacksonville for?

Lexiss - The game sounds fun! Let us know how you like it!

Me - I'm not sure how the scale is moved down another 1 1/2 lbs this week. Fluke? It's impending TOM, so I keep waiting for it to shoot up. I guess I'll take it, huh?

TGIF. Just 5 hours at work today, and it's packed, so it should go fast. Then tomorrow, I'm doing another cat clinic. I really enjoyed it last time, so hopefully this time too!! They like me for spays, I'm a little speed spay-er .

Have a GREAT Friday!

Last edited by TwynnB; 11-20-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

TwynnB - I've lived here my whole life. I love it here. My fiance is in the military but we plan to stay here. Good place to settle down and have a family.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

Good morning everyone! Slept in a bit because I have the day off! It is good that I have the day off, but it's only because I have to work this weekend! But Sunday is my last day of Phase I and I am very excited to bring fruits back into my diet! I know Thanksgiving will be hard, going to my mother's who has reign over the spread and I must eat what mama makes! Plus she counts on me to eat the dark meat! Oh no!
The rain seems to have cleared up this way (central NYS) and now the sun is shining beautifully.
TwynnB- nice to see there's another "petite" SBD'er. How long have you been a beacher?
Ruthxxx- Chinese??? Yum!
Old 11-20-2009, 09:20 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth- Have fun getting everything ready for your visit.

Cottage- I agree no appliances for Christmas on my wish list, though it's almost time for a new dryer as the one I have, I cannot put any jackets with a zipper in it or it will eat the zipper, something in the door drum keeps grabbing them, other than that it works great.

Cyndi- Here's to a short meeting so you get back home early. Congrats on the scale moving for you.

Heidi- Have fun at the lock in- my kids love them, I don't think I would have the energy I would get to crabby lol.

Silly- The craft fair sounds like fun enjoy and you will have to tell us all about the ball

Debbie- You will have to tell us if you were able to tempt him and how the game went.

Twynn- Great job on the scale and have fun at the clinic tomorrow.

As for me- today is wfh and the kid's only have half day of school. I think we are going to go see Blind Side- I have been wanting to watch it looks good. Yesterday was crazy so didn't get on here and also didn't get a workout in so goal for today is to fit in a workout somewhere
Old 11-20-2009, 09:43 AM   #12  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning,
Well the rain has eased up here.
Not sure how the day will develop here.
We might be going away on Sunday for a couple of days to Michigan but will be home before Thanksgiving because I just can't face the shopping crowd. Actually the reason I want to go way is to buy some fabric. Last time I bought some Cars and Thomas the Tank Engine fabric and made my grandson some bibs then I was sorry I didn't buy more to make some summer pjs. Just thinking ahead for some winter projects.
To all my crafting friends remember - he who dies withe most wins.
take care
Sophie
p.s. Cyndi - I think I mentioned before that on the outskirts of Northhampton there is WEBS, a yarn store to die for. Debbie they have a website and you can order on line, bet your DH will love me for that.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:47 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Ruth, I'm sorry you missed dinner with your friend. What a way to remember Lucy!

Heidi, have fun at the lock in! Hope your hockey team wins!!!

Linda, here's hoping the washer holds out! Mine hasn't been draining well but I've had Housing Maintenance out twice and they say there's nothing wrong with it so I don't know what else to do. *shrug*

Cyndi, I like your rationale regarding Santa and appliances! Hope your drive is uneventful today.

Silly, enjoy your craft fair!

Debbie, we have that game and were not impressed. I hope you like it better than we did!

Twynne, I laughed that you're a speed spayer. Have fun with the kitty friends!

Asphyxia, have fun with your fruits! Good job making it through Phase 1!

Rose, have fun at the movie!

We are nearing dinner time here. I have bread dough rising for the rolls and I'm making sloppy joes with roasted eggplant in them. Yum! Actually I don't know what it will taste like, but it sounds good in my head, so I'm hoping it's yum. I need to finish up science and math with the kids before it's time to throw the eggplant in the oven.

Happy Friday!

Kara
Old 11-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Swamped! Hi Will be on Later Cyn save a wine for me tonight!
Meeting some Jersey 3fc chicks for lunch tomorrow! they're from the WLS thread I'm hoping its OP but I make no promises
ok waaaaaaaaaaay behind and big big boss here today
so *crackswhip* I'm getting my hiney in gear!
Old 11-20-2009, 01:41 PM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

Have fun tonight, Kierie!
Closed Thread