South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-28-2009, 04:00 AM   #1  

Default 30 Day Shred & South Beach

Hello fellow Beachers!

I was just wondering if anyone is doing the 30 Day Shred DVD by Jillian Michaels while on South Beach. I recently ordered mine and a friend of mine brought it over to me today. I don't plan to start until I get back from Philly so I can start fresh.

If any of you are, please share your experiences. Maybe we could start a support thread or a challenge here. I know there's one in the exercise area but I wouldn't mind a more intimate one over on this side of the Beach.

Let me know what you guys think. If not, I'd love to hear your successes and challenges while shredding away.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hi sunshine!

i am also doing 30 day shred but i have paused to focus and finishphase one. i think it's awesome! i had some doubts at first due to my back injury but my doctor and my physio therapist cleared me. i'll be honest- the first time i did it i almost hurled! but i followed the modified version dutifully and within weeks felt stronger and the exercises grew easier every time!!! it's very high intensity but jillian's commanding presence kept me on point *grin* well,hope this was helpful. feel free to pm me if you need more in-depth info!

cheerio

janet
jandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/155/140

Height: 5'7"

I have it but haven't tried it. I will definitely give it a try.
Walthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:28 PM   #4  

I'm doing 30 day shred along with doing Power 90 w/my hubby! I LOVE the shred and all of Jillian's workouts!
kk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #5  
I can do this!!

Sunshine~
I have 30 day shred...did it for a few days then stopped to concentrate on phase I again...I would be interested to be part of the group...im me or let me know what everyone decides...
Sara
cocowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #6  

Thanks for sharing guys! We'll just leave this open and post whenever we can. I'm glad I'm not the only Beacher that will be doing this. I'm going to officially start mine August 10th, no matter how jet-lagged I'll be. By then, more of us will be ready to get going. Also, those who have already begun can help the rest of us along.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:10 PM   #7  
Beach Babe in Training

S/C/G: 185.8/180.2/145

Height: 5' 9"

I would love to join in on this, but I'm worried about the intensity of the workouts. Jillian can be pretty hard core!

But I really am looking for something new to do, still thinking about it!
CindieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:18 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindieJo View Post
I would love to join in on this, but I'm worried about the intensity of the workouts. Jillian can be pretty hard core!

But I really am looking for something new to do, still thinking about it!
Go for it! If I'm going to do it, anyone can!

As stated above, I'm starting when I return in a couple of weeks. I already have the DVD sitting next to the DVD player. I know that our weight loss will be energized with a dose of exercise. Maybe we can consider this something like a boot camp. A South Beach, Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred Boot Camp!

Okay, CindieJo, I'll be looking for your enlistment papers when I get back!
Old 07-30-2009, 02:19 AM   #9  

BTW CindieJo, I love your avatar!
Old 08-11-2009, 01:23 AM   #10  

Default Day 1 Begins!

OMFG!!!!! Jillian Michaels has NO mercy!!! I just finished Level 1 a little while ago. I hurt! I HURT I say!!!!

Although, I must admit it HURTS SO GOOD!!!! I feel I've made a major accomplishment. Especially as I've been trying to do the workout since early this morning. There were so many obstacles along the way that could not be avoided. Also, I just got back in from Philadelphia late last night as our flight was delayed, but that's another story. The excuses were running rampant in my mind. It was so easy for me to say, "I'll start tomorrow." However, I felt I made a commitment to start today and I had to stick with it. I'm glad I did!

Okay people, who's with me? It doesn't matter what level or day you're on. Just get moving. We're going to get this South Beach thing mastered by working our arses off!!

Last edited by SunshineCA; 08-11-2009 at 01:24 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Oooohhhh way to go Sunshine !!

I'm waiting for my 30 day shred. Been working out with my old friend Billy Blanks in the meantime

Can't wait to see how everyone progresses.
ruby2sday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:23 PM   #12  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Hi - I am not doing the 30DS regularly, but I just wanted to comment that I used it for the last two weeks while I was away from home. (I brought my 5-lb weights with me.) I did it every other day. Given how much my arms hurt from the front raises there is no way I could do it every day...

Anyway - I highly recommend it as a GREAT workout when you just have a little time!! I plan to keep doing it whenever I miss my classes (which are similar: crunches, cardio, weights...)

Shred on, beachers!
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:28 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby2sday View Post
Oooohhhh way to go Sunshine !!

I'm waiting for my 30 day shred. Been working out with my old friend Billy Blanks in the meantime

Can't wait to see how everyone progresses.
Thanks Christine!! I woke up so sore this morning!! However, I pressed through as I didn't have a choice! Just finished my workout for Day 2/Level 1 a little while ago. I survived and am SO ready to hit the showers and crash for the night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
Hi - I am not doing the 30DS regularly, but I just wanted to comment that I used it for the last two weeks while I was away from home. (I brought my 5-lb weights with me.) I did it every other day. Given how much my arms hurt from the front raises there is no way I could do it every day...

Anyway - I highly recommend it as a GREAT workout when you just have a little time!! I plan to keep doing it whenever I miss my classes (which are similar: crunches, cardio, weights...)

Shred on, beachers!
Hi Emma! Thanks for sharing your experience with this workout. It's been a long time since I've done anything structured and/or had to commit to. I walk, swim, park far from the entrance and avoid elevators like the plague whenever I can but it just isn't enough for me to continue melting this fat away. You rock for adding other forms of exercise! I'll get there someday.

Survived another day on the 30-Day Shred. I felt a little cold trying to creep into my system and of course my mind told me to just lie in bed and feel blue. However, I put that thought out of my head immediately and turned on the DVD. I'm glad I did as I felt much better after only a few minutes of working out. I figured, it's only 20+ minutes, I could do anything for 20+ minutes.

My daughter is so funny. She thinks the "jumprope" is the funniest move ever. She seems to come into the room right when I'm doing that one.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:34 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/170

Height: 5'8

I can't believe this, but I'm actually envious and totally bummed waiting for my 30 day shred to come in !

I really wanna get going with it. I'm sure that judging by what you're saying about it, I will be crying like a baby and wondering why I wanted to do it !
ruby2sday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:14 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby2sday View Post
I can't believe this, but I'm actually envious and totally bummed waiting for my 30 day shred to come in !

I really wanna get going with it. I'm sure that judging by what you're saying about it, I will be crying like a baby and wondering why I wanted to do it !
Jillian totally kicked my arse tonight! I tried the first few minutes with shoes as was suggested on another thread and that made it unbearable! I couldn't do anything so I had to kick them off to get the full effect of the workout. I'm a barefoot girl and can do the moves much better that way. On top of it, Aunt Flo decided to pop up with a vengeance for her monthly visit!! I so wanted to give in to her but I slapped the beeyatch and told her to get out of my way until Jillian, I and the girls were done. I also turned on my radio as I was slightly annoyed by Jilian's voice tonight. That's probably because she was telling me to keep moving and don't quit! Every ounce of my body aches and I am more than ready for a hot shower. I'll pop a couple of Midols and it's off to Sleepville!!!