South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 06:16 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tempt Me Not Tuesday Chat

Happy Tuesday. It's going to be a bright and shiny day with perfect temps. I'd love to garden this morning but need to be at the hospital by eight for an appointment with my orthopaedic surgeon. I'm hoping he has some solution for my ongoing "fixed" knee pain. I hope he doesn't tell me to "just do yoga breathing" or I'll be tempted to bop him! I also hope I am not tempted by the bop him the muffins the volunteer ladies have at the coffee shop in the lobby!

No construction is happening today as the wallboard won't be here until later. That suits me as we need a quiet day. I may even run around with the vacuum this afternoon. I also need to tackle a critter problem - the darn mice are back! Some people go to Florida for the winter; field mice go to my house.

Now.....do I shave both legs or just the one the doctor is going to look at? See you all later.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, Ruth! I hope the doctor fixes you right up! If he tells you to stop doing something if doing something makes it hurt, you SHOULD bop him!

I feel so much better today. I went to bed at 8:30 and woke up at 5:30 feeling all refreshed! Hooray! I hope my sweet family rested, too. They are going to try to take the kids back to school today.

I have no idea what is on my schedule today. It will be a surprise when I get to work! How bad can it be?

Hope your Tuesday is the best ever!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:13 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Ruth. I vote for both....but I'm a pool girl. Enjoy your semi quiet day. It will sure be nice to see pictures of your quilting room when it's finished.

Mornin' Chelby. Hope your day is interesting and the boss doesn't come up with any suprise projects.

Me, finally going to set up our therapy dog display at our local bank. I hope it looks nice. Next year it will be much easier. Kirks DD is here but didn't arrive until late last night. I just went to bed early. We had a spot of bad news yesterday; Lexxiss and I spent the afternoon at the Vet. It appears she has bone cancer. Not a good prognosis. We'll have results from her blood work today and will be able to decide if we can do something to make her more comfortable. I had a hard time staying OP last night, but know I need to. A day at a time for me here.
Its raining today but I will go swim after my project and maybe it will let up later so we can take the doggies for a walk.

Have a great day everyone. Thanks for all your support!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:22 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Ruth I'm Lazy Shave 1 leg
Thenagain I'm wearing a skirt today probably prickly
Chelb haven't looked at the pics yet glad you had a good night sleep
Debbie NOOO I'm so sorry!
Barb Brian is a dedicated kiddo to get up at 5:40! Middle School! How did he like it?
Ok I've sweated and now I have to haul my cookies to the shower
I found a writing course I want to take Just have to sign up for it

bbl
Kierie
Old 08-25-2009, 07:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning all, just a quick hello here. Yesterday was good, kids had a good first day and I had a good first day party. I took the day off and invited some friends over for mimosas and coffee after the buses left. Even so, I ended up accomplishing lots of errands and paperwork before they got home, then made their requested first day meal of ribs and mashed potatoes, and got all the stupid, repetitive forms filled out.
Today I've got meetings at Quantico then a flight to Dallas tonight for more meetings tomorrow. I'm taking the laptop so maybe I will check in later if there is WiFi. Otherwise I'll see y'all on Friday. I'm going to get in a walk now, then need to pack my bag. Have a great mid-week!

Lexxis, so sorry about your doggie.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Debbie, I am so sorry! I hope the vets can make Lexxiss comfortable.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:46 AM   #7  

Good morning. Yesterday was Day one for me, but it didn't go so hot. Let's keep it short and sweet and say today is Day One. Not much on the agenda today, just work. I should probably do some housecleaning... ugh.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #8  

Good Morning...
I have a list long enough for 3 days..Guess I need to decide what is most important and start there.
I need to take my daughter a meal because she has to keep her leg elevated
today... She is very overweight and likes all the bad foods so I need to decide what to take that would be a good example to her. I can't
make her eat heathy but I am not going to be an enabler by providing bad food.
All the easy casseroles I used to take people are not heathy.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 242/see tracker/150

Hello everyone, I hope you're all having a good day. I've only posted once or twice before, so everyone's probably like "who's this?" but since you exist I'm going to update you with some medical stuff too!

Had my annual exam and after telling my nurse practitioner that I thought my thyroid was going out of whack again (I'm on synthroid already for it), she had my blood work done and lo, the number has more than doubled since the last time I had it done and she wants me to see a surgeon (!!) after seeing the ultrasound of my thyroid, particularly a 1cm nodule. They might do a needle biopsy. The good news is that she increased my dosage, so maybe some of this water retention will start to let go, and maybe my metabolism will kick in a bit more. That, and my lipid panel was fine, except my hdl is too low.

I also dreamed I looked down at my hand and saw that I had accidentally eaten half a huge chocolate chip cookie.

I hope your knee appointment went well, Ruth!

Deana
Old 08-25-2009, 09:53 AM   #10  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Chickies!

Ruth- you crack me up! I guess I am one who if going to take the time to shave one will shave the other, but its your call! what if he checks your other knee too?

Chelby- Glad things are settling down a bit- keeping your family in my prayers

Debbie- So sorry to hear about your poor baby! I hope the vet can make her comfortable, its such a hard thing to go through.

Kierie- A writing course- cool! I cant wait to hear about it!

Schmoodle- sounds like you are going to bve a busy lady! Have a safe trip!

texasmom, nancy

As for me, day 1 went well! I stayed OP the whole day! I feel a little better today but hoping to feel better tomorrow! Seems usually it takes 3-4 days for me to physically feel better getting all those toxins out of my body! I went to the Y yesterday to sign up and they gave me a 5 day pass to try it out so I plan on doing that this afternoon. I want to check out some of their classes because that is what I would mainly be paying for. My work has a fitness center, pool, steam and sauna I can use if I want... but I don't. its work.lol. anywho-more housework on the agenda today as well as probably doing my friends hair. ok, check in later!

I have missed you ladies!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:04 AM   #11  

Kierie - Brian enjoyed the first day except for the homework involving decorating a paper bag with drawings of the things he likes. He is not crazy about artwork but he gets less and less each year. HE is doing well at waking up so early. By the time I am out of the shower and dressed, he has gotten himself up, dressed and finished breakfast. I hope that continues. He only went to Social Studies and Leadership yesterday but I think he has all 7 classes today.

Ruth - Good luck with the knee. I hope the doctor is able to do something. You are too active to have to deal with this.

Chelby - Good morning! I love grabbing extra sleep when I can. Last night was scouts but I wonder if I can sneak an early bedtime tonight?

Debbie - I am so sorry! I hope she can be more comfortable.

Schmoodle - If you get any free time in Dallas send me a PM and I'll give you my cell number. I'm in Richardson (on the northeast side of Dallas).

Texasmama - What part of Texas are you in? There are several of us here from Texas. Good luck with your new day 1.

Nancy - Take her lasagna made with whole wheat noodles, part skim ricotta, reduced fat cheese and a mixture of lean ground meat and veggies such as spinach and zucchini. I fed 4 kids that last week and they raved over it.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:21 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,

Super busy at work as usual so no time for personals. Phase 1.5 is still going great for me staying on track.

Debbie- I am so sorry to hear about Lexxis, I hope that something can be done to make her comfortable.

Hello to everyone else and have a great day.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:00 PM   #13  
South Beach Diet

Well, first day on the beach... and I woke up with a killer sore throat and a fever. What a lovely start, huh? All I've been able to handle today is scrambled eggs, but at least it's beach friendly! My twins are horribly fussy too and I'm praying I haven't passed it on to them.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #14  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Hi ladies!

day two of re-beach phase I. I'm starting to feel achy, stomach pains, and really fatigued. I know it will pass, but I hate this part of it!
Old 08-25-2009, 08:11 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 249/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Good evening, ladies!!!

Ruth - I learned my lesson about knees a long time ago... they like to compare the movement in one to the movement in another, so now I shave BOTH legs. LOL!

Chelby - yay for plenty of rest! It makes a huge difference in how you feel, doesn't it?

Debbie - I'm so sorry about Lexxiss. We watched Marley & Me the other night and I just bawled my eyes out thinking about the fact that our small dog is approaching 15 years old. I hope the vet can figure out a way to make her more comfortable.

Kierie - can't wait to hear more about the writing class!

Schmoodle - those forms are the worst, aren't they? I threaten to send a note back with DS's every year that says "info on file - no changes" And they ask for the same information on three or four different sheets. Have a safe trip!

Texasmama - I hope Day 1 part deux was more successful for you! You CAN do this!1

Nancy - the best thing you can do for your daughter is be a good example. I hope she's better soon.

Deana - that's one crazy dream! I hope you get some thyroid answers soon.

Rikki - great job on day 1!! I love fitness center classes. Kickboxing and step are my favorites. Unfortunately, there are no gyms anywhere near me that offer classes! I hope the Y classes are good ones for ya'.

Barb - could you send Brian over here to teach my son how to get up and ready in the mornings?

Pearlrose - I hope your day at work wasn't too hectic!

Skybluepink - good luck, and WELCOME!!

Dcapulet - the "flu" stinks, but once you're past it you know you'll have so much more energy!! I found beans and dairy REALLY helped me through the low spots.

I'm having a hard time adjusting to the school-year schedule, and my classes start Thursday so I'll be commuting 3+ hours 2 days/week. I went to Tyler yesterday to take care of last minute stuff and found out that oatmeal w/ PB is NOT a good idea for me to have for breakfast. I was starving and fought cravings all day long. Lesson learned.

Have a great evening, everyone!
Closed Thread