South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 05:16 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Merry Monday Murmurs and Mutterings

Good morning. We are sort of misty and semi-sprinkling around here. I wish it would just rain as the garden could use a good soaking. Of course then it will be too wet for me to plant and I'll be griping. Poor Mother Nature just can't win.

Aside from Church and the Cemetery memorial service, it seems to me I spent all day yesterday figuring out money! The girls' soccer club is planning a trip to Sweden and are having Bingos and car washes to raise the bucks. Their parents are helping, of course, but don't seem to have a clue about money counting so there's lots of figuring out for me to do. The car wash money came to me in a soccer ball with a hole cut in it! There also was a donation basket at the cemetery service so I had that to tally up. Today I will finally get the $$$ out of the house and will also work in another allergy shot.

Aside from the roadrunner stuff, I plan to finish the front porch. I had too many interruptions on Saturday to finish it and never got to it yesterday.

It's silly to feel stressed at 5:20 a.m. so I am going to have another coffee and do some dog cuddling. What's happening at your house?
Old 06-15-2009, 06:17 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth Rain is in our forecast too. We still have a lake in the driveway so could do without, but no one asked

Today is a half office and half wfh day. Luna goes back to the vet for follow-up X-rays so I'll pick her up at lunchtime and bring her home. I have several bags of perennials from my Mom that I'd like to get in but it depends on the weather. Other than that just getting back onto the swing of things. So much to mull over after visiting the folks.

How is your Monday shaping up?
Old 06-15-2009, 06:28 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Mornin Ruth
Don't stress. Everything gets done in it's time. It's just too bad the weather isn't cooperating. I have a feeling you'd then feel better.
Cyndi, hope you enjoy getting back into YOUR routine. Happy Monday. I'd like to read the book you mentioned in the post about beans.
I had a nice day in church where I volunteered to be the crafts person at VBS. Then came home and can't recall that I did anything meaningful other than not eat junk. My Mom called to say she wasn't coming until next week so my one urgent project became less of a priority.

So today I get in gear for my busy week. and this morn. Then head to a nursing home to start giving tours to our pet therapy group. By the time I get home, it will be time to think about dinner.

Thanks, all, for your support. And thanks everyone for going out to lunch with me yesterday. Your presence helped me to make a good choice from the menu.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-15-2009 at 06:30 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Why do Mondays always seem so foreboding? Especially when it's overcast and gloomy. I hope coffee can help put the day in perspective for me.

There is absolutely nothing in the plans for today, but that could change as soon as I get over to see my girls. I think I'll let them decide how we'll spend our day.

Okay, time to get on with it.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:39 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hi Debbie Some days not eating junk is a hug accomplishment Here is an article about that book http://bulletin.aarp.org/opinions/ot...CTRL-61209-F1a

I've been listening to it while driving so got through quite a bit this weekend. The more I read the more disturbed I get. I really hope that translates into long-term change for me. I'm interested in all the info but I'm looking for things that will stick with me when I make my day to day food choices.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:05 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Oh, I just wish some of you ladies would send some rain our way. We need it badly!! Hope everyone gets chores out of the way, the rain holds out and you can have a fun day!

We had a great time at the fests on Saturday. I got burned, but totally worth it...music, food and company were amazing. One of the restaurants' booths was a "build your own tomato"...you could pick anything they had to pile on tomatos. (all of it SB OK!)...talk about heaven! You know I had to take a lot of pics! I'm the one in the straw hat and green shirt. And, Chelby, I took a special picture just for you...you'll know which one!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Last edited by femmecreole; 06-15-2009 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good mornin' chicks. Definately a good choice for the chat title today.

Ruth - "slow down" is not in your vocabulary, is it? Jealous of the dog cuddling though.

Debbie R - I think "not eating junk" is a great accomplishment, one I failed to do this weekend. Enjoy your swim!

Cottage - I'm sure the day will fill up quickly.

Cyndi - tee hee hee. I was interpreting "wfh" starting out with "wtf" normally stands for. It was kinda funny to me. Hope the x-rays show an improvement/resolving!!

Me - Friday we close on the initial house we wanted!! Can't wait!! My DH and I keep wondering what could hold it up this time. I was laying in bed this morning, and heard fire trucks in the distance. Came out to the kitchen and said "THAT'S what could go wrong!!". We did have a home in town that was slated for sheriff sale burn down a week ago...definately something fishy there....

Until then, the boss is away, but the mice aren't going to play . Means much longer work days for me. Hopefully that means it will all go fast!!

Hope your Monday goes well!

Femme - those pictures were fabulous!! A little cruel on the taste buds.., but fabulous!

Last edited by TwynnB; 06-15-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Ruth, That's alliteration! Love your title today.

Cottage, Hope your day turns out to be lots of fun with the girlies.

Debbie, Hooray for no junk food! You are doing great!

Cyndi, I must have missed the conversation. What is wrong with Luna?

Cat, You took the picture of Mother's for me, didn't you? Did you know that only Louisiana has wonderful festivals like that? We have occasional parades, but they don't even throw anything. Cheesy!

Twynn, If the house is going to burn down, hopefully it will be BEFORE closing... Sheesh!

Me, It should be a pretty busy couple days. My boss' surgery to fix his sternum is Wednesday. He'll be out 6-8 weeks after that. You know he's going to try to pack 6 weeks worth of work/talk/business into these two days.

Hope everyone has a great day and a quick week. I'm ready for another weekend!
Old 06-15-2009, 07:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks,
Today is my 3 - telecon day, and DD has her 5th grade graduation this afternoon (my baby is headed for middle school!). Tomorrow is last day of school for them.
The weekend was gorgeous. The kids had a campout at the farm where they take riding, so DH and I had a date and went out to eat. I was pretty good with my meal, but it was a microbrew place, so I did indulge in a beer (it was sooo good). I got lots of cleaning and stuff done while they were away, and my friend got me out for a long walk yesterday, which helped with the beer guilt. Looks like another gorgeous day today.

Cyndi, what are you mulling over - was it a good visit?
Ruth, when you're done with the soccer girls, I really need to do some budgeting, but never seem to get to it. Do you hire out?
cottage, you and the girls enjoy the beginning of summer vaca.
Lexxis, great job with lunching out yesterday!
Cat, I am saving your pix for entertainment during my telecon. Thanks!
Hope your week flies by, Chelby and Twynn. You'll make it to closing!
Did Kim post anything on here about her tests? I looked back through last week, but didn't find anything. Hope she's okay.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:01 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Coffee and you dear friends have done the trick to shake me out of the blues. Thank you! The sun is also trying valiantly to fight it's way through the clouds.

Cat, I enjoyed your pictures immensely! I can't wait for the first taste of a sun-warmed homegrown tomato. Ours are the size of peas right now.

Twynn, I'm sure it's all smooth sailing for your house closing from here on out. But I'll still keep my fingers crossed for you, just to make you feel better.

Chelby, I hope your boss's surgery goes well. Have a great week at work, but I agree with you that I'm ready for another weekend, too.

Debbie, that will be a lot of fun, being in charge of the crafts at VBS! That's the job I'd want most! I hope all goes well with the dog therapy visit this afternoon.

Cyndi, I hope you get good news on your kitty. My GD's beloved cat is dying of cancer, and we think he held on just long enough to welcome her home from college. The vet has given him maybe 3 more weeks, and it's just heartbreaking. Caite has had him since she was 5 years old, and she is turning 19 today.

Ruth, I hope you are able to get everything accomplished on your list today. Just think how good you'll feel when it's all done. Try not to let the stress get the better of you!
Old 06-15-2009, 09:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
Wow, I can't believe the past week flew by so fast. It is the end of the school year so that equals chaos!!! fieldtrips, cleaning the rooms, promotion practice. Whooo hoo!!! I didn't even get a chance to log in and check post or anything.
Its been a beautiful weekend and start to the week. I got thrown off this weekend by a few things. I saw someone Friday I hadn't seen in a while which always stirs a lot of emotions. Sat. morning I decided to be proactive and go for a long jog to get my head straight. I did six miles which was great but then I was super hungry. I ended up going off plan and eating sloppy Joes with my son and his friends for dinner. I also had salad and beans so it was really just the bread on the sloppy Joe. I tried to just eat the insides but I gave into the craving!!!!
Sunday I set things straight. Yoga in the am, black bean soup for lunch, turkey and cheese for a snack. It was a much better day. Today I have my lunch so I should be on plan. I'm trying to not let one slip up turn into a spiral of off plan days.
One week to go and I'm off to Costa Rica for my Yoga teacher training. I am getting excited. I hoped to be at 170 by then but it looks like I probably won't make it. I did have a big drop since last week I the scale today read 175.8!!!
I have to run and write the names on the promotion certificates for my students.
Have a great day Beachers!!!
Jennie
Old 06-15-2009, 10:17 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Whew, Ruth, you will the alliteration crown! Good luck with the porch and getting the money out of the house.

Yikes about the rain, Cyndi. It's been pretty dry here after many days of forecasted rain that didn't fall. So I hedged bets and rode my bike to work today. I'm hoping any rain that plans on falling waits until after I get home! Good luck with the perennials!

Sounds like a fun day, Debbie!

Hope your girls put a smile on your face, Cottage!

What fun, Cat! Don't you feel like a little kid again when you realize everything on a menu or at a party is SBD-safe? I often get totally confused because I'm not used to having so many choices!

Twynn, keeping my that all goes well with the house. No more borrowing trouble and thinking of bad things that could happen. As my mom says, "Thoughts become things, so think of the good ones!"

Chelby, yikes about people who try to fit too much work into a short time. At least after Wed. it'll calm down, right?

Enjoy the graduation, Schmoo! The weekend was glorious...DH and I ate outside yesterday.

Jennie, are you in Canada? I've never heard it called "promotion" before...is it graduation from one school to another that you are describing? I'm SO jealous of your trip to Costa Rica! A friend went last summer and after seeing her photos, I'm dying to go! DH, unfortunately, is totally uninterested. I love yoga, too. Hope you have a blast there! If you get a chance, try ziplining...my friend did it in the rainforest and had SUCH a fun time even though she's terrified of heights!

Me:
Computers were down this morning, so it took a while to get going. I have a lot of shopping to do online, so I hope I'll get a chance to finish it today.

The weekend was beautiful and far too short. I got a lot of work done--cleaning the deck, deadheading flowers, watering, trying to grow grass in the patches on the front lawn, washed the dog, made a couple pies, and almost finished going through a stack of magazines (ripping out the things I want to keep) that I'm hoping to freecycle. DH and I ate out on the deck last night--we grilled these amazing organic grass-fed beef hot dogs and tons of veggies (including asparagus, thanks to your enthusiastic recommend, Ruth). It was delish!

Our bunny, Denali, is really not doing well. I have an appointment for both buns on Friday and am worried. He's gotten some feces on his tummy and I'm planning on spending the afternoon clipping it out and bathing what I can. Poor guy is really having trouble. He's 10, which is not that old for an indoor houserabbit, but I think he has a bad infection in his sinuses (which we had thought was an allergy) and possibly needs a diet change. Poor boy. I just hate seeing him have trouble and not knowing how to fix it. Thankfully, our other bun, Bella, is doing great.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #13  
Macros!!

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone! We're going to Six Flags today! Of course the high should be around 104 with the heat index. Can you say HOT?????
Old 06-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone, only got a few minutes then have to get back to work. Sounds like everyone is having a good if busy day today.

Twynn have my fingers crossed for you that everything goes smoothly.

Cyndi I read that article that book definitely sounds interesting.

Cat thanks for sharing the pictures always enjoy.

to everyone else.

Busy busy week this is last week of rehearsals before the play starts next week but it is alot of fun I must say, I am enjoying myself

Okay my lunch is over gotta run, have a great day everyone
Old 06-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Moo-hoo-hoo-hooo......

Little Guy's biological mother has picked him up and has him for her 4 weeks this year. FOUR WEEKS!!!! It's been 2 hours and Tom and I are doing this.

*SIGH*

*ahem*

*SIGH*

*groan*

*stuffing face* (Guess which one of us this is.....)

*SIGH*

Going to watch a movie, decide to cut my weight-losses (ha, get it?) tonight and get back on track tomorrow. Tom doesn't know it, but I have a huge surprise dinner planned for him. Going to bust out the taper candles and everything! His favorite soup is Zuppa Tuscana from Olive Garden and I found a copycat recipe, so I'm going to make that, OG breadsticks, OG Spinach and Artichoke Dip, salad (he'll have to live without OG's dressing.... I just don't feel like making it,) and serve it all with a glass of wine.

I, of course, will be back OP and not making a whale of myself. (The first night w/o Little Guy is always the hardest.) I'm going to have Italian style vegetable soup, salad, and some of the dip with LF Triscuits instead of tortilla chips. I'll also allow myself a glass of wine.

Hope everyone is having a great evening. I'm going to chain myself to the couch so I can't raid the fridge anymore.

Lisa
Closed Thread