South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 06:03 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chattering

Good morning from drippy Delta - that applies to the weather, the coffee maker and me. There is no sunshine in sight until next Wednesday but I'm trying to rise above the weather. At least the plants sitting in flats are being well watered.

Picked up my big flower boxes for the porch yesterday afternoon and realized when I put them in place that the orangey geraniums really clash with the magenta fuchsias in the head planter. What was I thinking! Today I'll replace them because it'll bug me all summer.

Not much happening around here this weekend so I will use the time to get organized for next week which looks too darned busy from this perspective! Aside from a greenhouse trip, I think I'll go to the library this morning so I can work in some "book on the porch" time on warm but rainy days.

Anything special happening for you and yours today?

Here's a pic of the porch last summer so you'll know what a head planter is!

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 05-30-2009 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Added head pic.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:28 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hello there Ruth. Sorry your weather is not cooperating. Get organized and find a great book at the library. It does seem to be a busy week ahead.

It is a beautiful morning here. Lexxiss and I were outside early, and I thoroughly enjoyed my first cup of coffee. It's amazing how wonderful things taste as I get further away from white flour and sugar.

I went into Denver yesterday to run some errands and hit Costco. This morning I need to get the house picked up here early. My stepdaughter is bringing her new boyfriend up to meet us and I have genealogy stuff all over. We're digging raspberry plants to take with us and are driving back to GWSpgs where I need to clean up again before my Mother arrives.

I had a clean P2 day yesterday, and look forward to another. Thanks for all your support, everyone.

The good news is that I don't have time to sit around and obsess about food and I can get back on my bike and maybe even go for a swim.

Whatever you are up to, enjoy your day. I look forward to hearing from you.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:30 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth I've got a lovely pot of dark coffee brewing and it's the weekend! I would love to see a picture of your porch when you get it set-up. I keep thinking I should do something with mine but I lack imagination.

We did think about a road trip today but there is rain in every direction. It's the sort of day that will be better at home where I can get things done between rain storms. So many people are gardening this year that I'm having trouble finding climbing bean seeds. I picked up one package of Scarlet Runners but had hoped for something different to mix in. Maybe I'll drive to another town and see if I have any luck. Obviously gardening is on the mind today.

Spending some time on the porch reading might be nice. Seems I never have time to read anymore so maybe I should just schedule it in

ETA - Good morning Debbie. You are an early riser! Enjoy your bike ride today. Hmm, I might join you between rain storms

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-30-2009 at 06:31 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:51 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cyndi, that's exactly what I am going to do - schedule in reading! I read before I fall asleep every night but that's only ten minutes or so before I turn out the light. I tried to upload a pic of my porch from alst year but there's a tech problem so...

Debbie, I do look forward to your cheery posts and avatar. You really are an early riser.

Second cup of coffee is improving my view of the world. I wish rain didn't get me down so much. I think I'm a sunshine person so am going to turn on all the lights and put on some lively music to chase the gloom away.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy weekend! Jake had the coffee all ready when I came downstairs.

That's too bad about your rainy day, Ruth, but there's something very cozy about enjoying a good book on the porch. I picked up two new books yesterday, and anticipate a lazy afternoon of reading out on the patio.

Lexxiss, I'm glad that you are finding this plan working so well for you! It sounds like you have a busy day planned.

Cyndi, good luck on your bean hunt! We didn't plant beans this year, but I wish we would have. We planted cukes, eggplant, artichokes, zucchini, tomatoes, lettuce, along with basil and rosemary. Everything is thriving, but something ate one of our artichoke plants. I promised the girls I'd look for a replacement plant, but I'm not sure I'll be able to find one at this point.

It's a gorgeous day here, after some very wild storms yesterday. Maggie and I got caught in a deluge while waiting for Audrey's school bus yesterday, and we were pretty drenched even though we had a golf umbrella. We're going out for breakfast and some grocery shopping as soon as Jake is ready, and we'll be picking up debris in the yard and cleaning the pool before I can squeeze in some reading time later. For supper, I'm thinking an artichoke pasta with roasted veggies and avocado.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good morning ladies! I have once again been MIA, thankfully only a week this time. It began with a darn virus taking out my home computer right as graduation stuff was ramping up to full gear. No computer for 4 days but we all survived! Graduation went well last weekend and then I took Sunday and Monday to recover! The rest of the week was just busy, busy.

We actually went out as a family lastnight for the first time in forever! Took the "kids", 21 & 18 to see UP in 3D, FANTASTIC!!! I don't care what age you are it is a must see!

While wandering the book store looking at bargin books I found an amazing recipe binder with sleeves, pages and pockets (and cute as a button) for $5.99! I can't wait to start putting it together and get rid of all of those magazine pages I have tore out everywhere (well not get rid of but organize)!

May actually have a chance to do that today as this is the first day of playing supervisor for my 2 year old neices visitations with her father. Thankfully he is not doing a full 10 hours today and we are going to play tomorrow by ear based on how today goes.

Well I must get some stuff done before I am tied down for the remainder of the weekend. Have a wonderful day ladies!
Old 05-30-2009, 08:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - your porch is lovely. We're supposed to have a beautiful day here in central PA, wanna come visit??!!

Debbie - Is the diet great for stopping food obsessions?! You'd be a great person to visit too....the Rockies are beautiful. My husband is still a little spiteful we didn't move there!

Cyndi - I just picked up three books from the book mobile . Sitting on the porch reading sounds lovely!

Cottage - I think we'll all be on our porches sometime today reading! Hope you enjoy!!

Steph - Hmm...do you think UP would be good for 4 and 6 year olds? I can't remember if that's the movie my (follow this now!) DH's boss' son directed. He works at pixar, and we get some great perks b/c of it!!

Me - I was horribly disappointed I woke up at 6 am on my day off. But, finally hauled my butt out, and was on a run at 6:40 am! We have a beautiful nature center nearby called Millbrook Marsh (you'd love it Cyndi!) that was absolutely beautiful that early (other than the bugs!). So, I'm feeling quite accomplished now. Next: looking at some more houses, then probably taking kids to a local amusement park (if they're good, it'll be bribery while looking at houses). I like days that are full but fun!

Have a wonderful day!

Here's where I ran thru today!:
http://www.crpr.org/Millbrook/MMNC-Menu.html

Last edited by TwynnB; 05-30-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:16 AM   #8  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

morning all, i'm hoping to get my car fixed so i can finally finish moving. i have to be done by the first anyways. didn't get any exercise in yesterday but should run today.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:54 AM   #9  
Macros!!

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'0"

Not much here. It's a beautiful Texas morning and we're getting ready to go to the Riverwalk. They just opened up a new section of the river and we're going to enjoy the activities they have planned for the opening today.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning everyone! Tom had tea ready for me this morning, too, so it's a good day!

I got my calendar all booked up for next week, so now I'm just going to lie around and get some things ready for my show this afternoon. Raining here, AGAIN, but it looks like the sun is trying to come out so maybe I'll try to get the dogs out while it's taking a break.

How big is a cubit, exactly? May start working on the ark.

Parents come home tomorrow and come to get the dogs Monday morning. They're behaving, it's just that Tom's not getting much sleep due to Oscar wanting to snuggle all night and not letting him move. Oscar weighs 20 lbs, which is pretty heavy for a wiener dog. But, right now they're both curled up in the blankie, looking cute.

Gonna go grab a bite to eat, I think. Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Lisa
Old 05-30-2009, 01:43 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Hi Everyone

Just thought I'd check in before we hit the road today.

Weezle, it will sure be quiet around your house after the dogs leave. And...what is a cubit?

Cyndi, hope you find your beans.

ArmyAng, how was the riverwalk?

Me4life, I hope you get your car fixed and everything moved so you can start doing some "fun" exercising.

Cottage, the artichoke pasta sounds wonderful.

Ruth, I, too, love the sunshine. Hope it arrives soon.

Stephanie, your recipes will be great all organized!

Twynn, thanks for the link to the website. What a beautiful place... and I wanted to answer your question. Yes, I think the diet definitely helps with the cravings. I also remember Cyndi talking about really sticking with the plan and that is what I am trying to do. I want this weight to be gone...I took a moment to reflect this morning. All of my friends and family are on one side of the fence or the other. Either they don't have a weight problem, or do and aren't addressing it. What is really wonderful about all of you is that you understand and when I need some support, I now come here instead of just winging it on my own. I meet you all here at the fence.

Thanks. I'll see you all tomorrow.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:28 PM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Poppin in for a quick hi going to run out and study a bit outside while I still have day light then pop into the grocery for a quick "gourmet burger" and some arugula to top it with come home and wake DH up he worked alll night and most of the day and will work again tongiht! poor guy!
So I will have time later for a Real post YAY!
Old 05-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #13  
Macros!!

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'0"

Riverwalk was a blast! For lunch we ate at this great place called Guillermo's...great food! I got a HUGE salad with lots of yummies on it...I'm still full. Got a little sunburned, but other than that, we had fun!
Old 05-30-2009, 08:16 PM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
Weezle, it will sure be quiet around your house after the dogs leave. And...what is a cubit?
Lexxiss, "cubits" are the form of measurement that God used when instructing Noah on how to build the ark. (50 cubits by 30 cubits) I was just suggesting that I start building an ark, as much rain as we've had! Whew!
Old 05-30-2009, 09:45 PM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

The gourmet burger plan went up in smoke they didn't have the flavor I wanted so dinner was kinda eh. Que Sera. I've been sweating my butt off in the Am working out and Its definitely lessening the lure of baked goods.
I like the mental picture of "is this goodie really going to taste good enough for the time it's going to take me to burn it off" I can have it if the answer is yes! However if I falter! ahh theres my answer
I'm probably following ph 3 right now but mainly i'm keeping it LC and I'm counting calories.
I made Flax Brownies this AM I was out of Cinamon for flax muffins
They would be ph 2 b/c I put about 1/2 cup (8 tbsp) of Sf strawb preserves in the mix eventually i'll spring for SF syrup but it killed the splenda taste and they had a nice brownieish texture
for 6 it had 125 calories 9 gr fat 4 gr fiber and 6 g protein so not bad. . .I don't even want to know what my Non Kieran Friendly brownies total out too they're sin on a plate
Closed Thread