South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-05-2009, 02:34 PM   #1  
Just Beachy...

S/C/G: 210/188/164 (mini goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Can you stand another Phase 2 question?

Is it REALLY necessary to go onto Phase 2?? I am on Day 23 and am feeling sooooo good. I am sure that the exercise has something to do with it but I just feel so good. My PMS didn't exist last month and I am in a very good place mentally right now. I am sooo afraid to mess this up. I have had a bowl of steelcut oatmeal here and there but nothing routine. I am just REALLY afraid to go onto the complex carbs, as much as I LOVE them. I know that I NEED to start incorporating them as my training increases but I am just sooo afraid. I did cave on Sunday and ate a few pieces of my kids' Easter caramel chocolates, as I was cleaning out the "junk"...strangely enough, it didn't even taste very good to me. I guess THAT is a good thing, even though the texture was DEAD ON for failure.
262mom2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

262: yes and yes. Yes, I can take another question, and YES , you have to go on Phase 2.

I know it's scary, but it really is wonderful, once you get used to it. Not only is Phase 2 much healthier, but the truth is, I don't think many people could stick with Phase 1 for very long without cheating (hence your slip-up with the Easter eggs). It's just wayyyy too restrictive, and that makes it hard for people. Phase 2, however, allows you to have a variation of pretty much anything, so it's easy to stick with for life.

Here's some info that might help you:
Phase I Time Limit - from The Daily Dish
What's your P2 Combo?
Emergency Handbook for Phase 2

Take it slow, but definitely move into Phase 2. If you did Phase 1 right, you'll be craving-free, and you'll be able to pay attention to what your body can handle and can't handle. You may gain a few pounds as you figure it out, but you'll lose them fast once you figure out your "combo." I always say that I gained 5 lbs figuring out Phase 2, but I went on to lose them plus another 100. It's SO worth it.

Last edited by beachgal; 05-05-2009 at 03:34 PM.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:06 PM   #3  
Just Beachy...

Thank you, Laurie. The links helped. I am just scared. I've worked so hard to get to this point and REALLY do not want to repeat my last failure in December. I just have to keep reminding myself that this diet is actually FUN (I LOVE trying to alter recipes to suit Ph 1...it's kind of a game!) and I have to picture the end result. I feel soooo good...keep this up, Me!!!

THANK YOU!!
Old 05-06-2009, 12:01 AM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I didn't go into phase 2 the first time around and I fell off program. It's not healthy to stay on Phase 1 forever!

Add one thing a day for a week - say an apple, and see how that works. That helped me ease into Phase "1.5" for me. I was on Ph 2 successfully for 2.5 months (I only fell off because of a wedding and my will power). It's scary but necessary. Measure it out (say with whole wheat or rice pasta) and stay on course!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #5  
Just Beachy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne1017 View Post
I didn't go into phase 2 the first time around and I fell off program. It's not healthy to stay on Phase 1 forever!

Add one thing a day for a week - say an apple, and see how that works. That helped me ease into Phase "1.5" for me. I was on Ph 2 successfully for 2.5 months (I only fell off because of a wedding and my will power). It's scary but necessary. Measure it out (say with whole wheat or rice pasta) and stay on course!
THANK YOU SO MUCH, Jenn!! And...I sooo miss DC!! Lived there...miss it horribly. Enjoy the Cherry Blossoms.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Yes, you CAN do this, 262! I love the game of making things fit the plan, too...and I have a secret sense of satisfaction from knowing that I'm making the recipe healthier!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:53 PM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 262mom2three View Post
THANK YOU SO MUCH, Jenn!! And...I sooo miss DC!! Lived there...miss it horribly. Enjoy the Cherry Blossoms.
Cherry blossoms this year were nice. Sooo much traffic on the weekend though! My friend from NY came in for a visit and it was a mad house!

Best 2 weeks every year though
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote