South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 07:20 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Have a safe drive, Cyndi, and enjoy your visit home!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:50 AM   #17  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

just stopping by to say happy easter to all
Old 04-12-2009, 09:07 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hi, Cyndi! Enjoy your visit with family!

Cottage: It's chilly here, but I think it will warm up to the high 50's or low 60's by the time the Easter egg hunt starts here. Hope you have a blessed time with family and friends!

Ruth: Enjoy the pansies! I need to get some color in the ground and soon! Have a few to spare?

me4life: Enjoy your day and Happy Easter to you as well!

ME: Well, I think I'm ready for Sunday School this morning. Doing Easter Sunday my third week teaching is a bit intimidating, but I think it will turn out just fine. I am expecting more kids than usual, but probably not more than 6 or so, so hopefully I'll be able to keep them attentive and calm.

After church I'll be making a late lunch for us. That reminds me, I need to get the pork seasoned and marinated so that it'll be ready for the oven when we get home. Other than that, I'm hoping to sit in my chair and watch a Cirque du Soleil DVD while crocheting a prayer shawl for a friend. I'll need to do the usual stuff; work out, plan meals and clothes for the week and pick up the house, but that should all take about 2 hours and then I'll be free to relax!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!!
Old 04-12-2009, 10:27 AM   #19  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Kim - How did it go? I suspect keeping 6 preschoolers calm today may have been a big task

For those of you at home and online today, one of my favorite holiday traditions:
Peeps Show III - http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...pid=artsliving
Old 04-12-2009, 10:39 AM   #20  
Determined to lose!

Good morning and a hello to all my buddies!

Sorry it's been awhile since I've visited, but been swamped! I'm working a temp position for a lady who suddenly lost her husband, not sure how long this will last ( a few weeks or so).

Had passover Sedar last night, As always, WAS AWESOME!! I especially love how the Rabbi ties the Exodus into the Gospel! The waiters and waitresses all receive a great gospel message, if they are hearing!! They do such a wonderful job.

I'm stepping up my attempt yet once again, last week was washed due to stress eating. I'm planning my menu now and headed to the store. Yes, wegmans is open today!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 10:59 AM   #21  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Hope everyone has a Happy Easter and Passover.

Sophie
Old 04-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Ola chicks, haven't had much time to pop in these last few days. For those that are interested, poor Capt Phillips is still hostage in that lifeboat. Way to go, Navy and FBI. They should have just let Maersk pay the ransom, as they were willing to do.
DH came home Friday night and mentioned that the local news station wanted to come and interview him about this thing, so of course the first thought that crossed my mind was "holy crap, my messy house on TV for all the neighbors to see!" So I spent yesterday in a cleaning frenzy. Then out shopping for Easter basket stuff. Couldn't find most of the things the kids had been hinting about, so the baskets were a little lame this year. That's a life lesson for them! We never did get around to dying eggs. For Pete's sake they're 11 and 12YO, when am I allowed to stop this stuff? We had friends over for dinner on Thursday and had an egg hunt and cookout that night.

Anyhow, the reporter just left, and I've got my dishes made for the family dinner at my mom's, so we're out of here in a bit. I made deviled eggs, roasted sweet potatoes, cauli mash, and a SB-friendly strawberry mousse, so I think I'm covered to stay on plan!

DH will be on tonight's news, so I'll post a link later (after I watch it and make sure he doesn't say anything embarrassing).

Good to "see" you Loriann! Glad you are well.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:28 PM   #23  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hoppy Easter! I still think we need a little smilie thingy that shows the tomb opening and Jesus resurrecting from the dead, but a cute bunny will suffice.

Stayed home this weekend because I came down with Tom's cold. Was going down south to spend Easter with his family, but I opted out. His grandma has stopped producing red blood cells and is not well, so I didn't want her to catch my cold and have it turn into something worse. They're on their way home though, so I get Little Guy back! Tommy too, of course. But I haven't seen Little Guy in over a week!

The Easter Bunny visited our house overnight. I didn't hear him, either. Left Little Guy an easter basket, a Cat in the Hat stuffed toy that he wanted, and scattered Easter eggs all over our living room. Hopefully Little Guy finds them all.... told Tom I guess we'll know if he found them all if a month from now, we see an army of ants hauling an Easter egg away.

And apparently he left stuff at Grammareen and Grampaleen's house too! So once they're home and settled and the egg hunt is over, I'll get Little Guy cleaned up and take him over there for Easter dinner. Ryan's in town, so it'll be nice to see him. I think Tom's going to sit tonight out. Eight hours in the car and drywalling all weekend makes for a tired and slightly grumpy Tom. More food for us!

And, it's all..... South.... Beach.... approv.... I'm not gonna lie. We're Irish. There will be a lot of potatoes involved.

But tomorrow I'm back to my Ph2 way of life!

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Lisa
Old 04-12-2009, 04:37 PM   #24  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Kim, one of my favorite moments in life was when I taught 4 year old Sunday School many years ago. There was a boy in the class who was severly autistic. He never did what anyone else was doing. He always stood in the corner on his own, event though we tried to involve him. One day, I was reading a story to everyone. He walked over, gave me a big hug, then walked back to his corner. That was the only time he really acknowledged me. I cried.

Well, at the rate I'm eating the robin eggs (whoppers), they'll be gone by tomorrow. That's a good thing. We had a delightful day of family and good food. Did you know that a 5 year old can act like a 2 year old when he's tired? He certainly did! He's been in his bed for two hours. Hope he wakes up happy.

Happy Easter, everyone.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Here's DH's interview:
http://your4state.com/content/fulltext/?cid=60681
Closed Thread