South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 01:06 PM   #16  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Kierie, I'm soooooooo jealous!!!!! Tell Bono I said hi.

Hello everyone! Going to be another busy day. Tom's getting ready for school, and Little Guy is out of school for break, so after I give him a bath, we're going to see the Easter Bunny! Now that's excitement. After that, he's going to hang out with "Grammareen" (my mom is Maureen) and I'm going to hit Big Lots, the Dollar Store, and the grocery store so we can eat this week.

Plus we're down to 1 roll of TP. D'oh!

After all that, cooking dinner, and tonight I have an appointment at 6. Hot diggity dog! It's gonna be a glorious day!

Hope everyone is well! Have a great day!

Lisa
Old 03-30-2009, 03:06 PM   #17  

chelby - Good luck! Yes, it is very doable. I worked from the time Brian was 6 weeks old. My ex did very little to help around the house (one reason he is my ex) and we have no family at all within several states. I had a good day care center and he really loved after school care once he got in school. The last couple of years they added afterschool care at the school so I moved him to that so he could do the after school activities like robotics and Beta club. If your job isn't likely to run unexpectedly late then it is even easier. I've had a few friends set up to pick him up in emergencies if I get stuck working but usually I can take a break long enough to pick him up and then work from home.

Laurie - I've been thinking of getting Rex into some obedience training. The biggest problem right now is he still isn't fully housebroken. He won't tell me if he needs to go out so I have to walk him frequently enough or I have puddles to clean up.

Me - The guys are here now doing the survey which is the last thing before the refinancing can be final. Yeah! Tonight is scouts.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:09 PM   #18  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Thank you so much for all the positive thoughts! From what I can tell, my new employers are going to be very family friendly. Thankfully! I also have a great support system at home. DH is self-employed and not away from home every day. My in-laws live next door. MIL is retired; FIL, mostly retired. They are happy to keep Auston. Of couse, he will sustain on Cheez-its and ice cream sandwiches while he's there. Probably my deepest, darkest fear is that he is going to be perfectly find without me, and not even miss me. <sob> The little twit!

Keiran -- I'm jealous, too! Have too much fun!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:48 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 151.5/149.9/135

Height: 5'4"

Chelby- Congrats to you... this is very exciting; it's not every week that your get to start a new chapter in your life. I can't speak from personal experience, but I work in a very female-dominated industry, in a VERY female-dominated office, and everyone manages just fine, and very much on their own terms. Regardless of anyone else's experience, though, I am sure you'll know quickly what's the right call for you and your family. Congrats again!

As for me... another blah Monday. Work, then the gym. I can tell that BF is itching to pick an arguement when he gets home from work, since he's stuck there very late and I wouldn't move the car for alternate side of the street parking night (a chore of monumental proportions... there's a good chance you need to park 4+ blocks away). Nevermind that I got home at 8:00, bought cold cuts for his lunch, cooked dinner, and am about to tackle a sinkful of dishes. He just really wanted that car moved...

Vacation countdown is beginnning... 16 days 'til we cruise to Bermuda!!!

Have a great night, all

Last edited by swandive81; 03-30-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Closed Thread