South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

Default water question

When is the best time to drink your 8 glasses of water? early, spread it out or try to finish it all late?? the reason im asking this is.... when i have something like sauerkraut, high in sodium, i know its going to retain water... so do i drink more after eating??? and even other than high sodium foods, does it make a difference drinking early or later??

stacy xxx

okay just talked about this with my friend.... sodium makes your body retain water right??... okay, so people say to flush it out.... doesnt this mean that the body willl hold onto that water too??? see what im thinking here?? im not understanding it, and have tried to look it up, but its all too technical for me lol

stacy

Last edited by dreaminstacy67; 03-03-2009 at 04:03 PM.
dreaminstacy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

I drink it throughout the day, regardless of what I eat. The more water you drink, the more water you expel, the less water you keep. Make sense?

I've never had sauerkraut and didn't know it was salty. I thought it was just lettuce or cabbage mixed with something. No?
AnAbsoluteDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:06 PM   #3  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Height: 5'6"

With the exception of 1 cup of decaf coffee/tea a day, water is pretty much my only beverage. I start drinking my water first thing in the morning & sip on it all day. I try to stop by 9pm so I don't have to get up in the middle of the night too much.

I think you'll get a lot of different answers on this one but my vote is to spread it out during the day.

As far as high sodium foods, my experience is that it will take the day (or sometimes two) after for it to wash out of your system.

Last edited by mizski; 03-03-2009 at 04:07 PM.
mizski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/215/185

Height: 5'1"

If you are retaining water from high-sodium foods or anything else, you're supposed to keep drinking lots of water, because then your body will realize it doesn't have to hold onto the water its storing.
Aiela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I try to drink mine throughout the morning so I can get the peeing over with. I don't get crazy though, I just make sure I get 4 cups/day of plain water. Then I have other stuff, coffee, tea, etc.
If you are retaining water, it is temporary. The sodium in your system is dissolved in the fluids you take in. The more you drink the more you'll pee and the sooner it will get flushed through your system. Eventually you will flush it all out. It's good to be aware, so you understand why those extra 3 lbs. the next day, but I wouldn't worry about it or avoid salted things, unless you have health issues.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

lol i dont know why i couldnt figure it out for myself. it just wasnt making sence to me, but now i get it.... and...

diva-- its cabbage hun... shredded and shall we say 'pickled" in brine which is almost pure sodium, or alot anyways lol... 2 tbs is 230 mg... i ate about 5 tbs lol... i love the stuff!! and this way im still eating my vegies

thanks gals xxx
dreaminstacy67 is offline   Reply With Quote