South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 06:00 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Finally Friday's Chatter bugs!

Hi girls... have to fly by this am since it's 6 and I'm just now crawling out of bed, must shower and get out the door! Hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:02 AM   #2  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

i'm not around long either, my daughter has a test at the hospital and i want to eat something before i go...laterz all
Old 01-09-2009, 06:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Chick Chat

Brrrrrrrr! Another freezing start to the day! We're supposed to get snow tomorrow, but if it's going to snow, then the weekend is the best time for it!
I have to be at Cindy's extra early this morning to get the girls off to school, but there's not going to be much for me to do there. I'm sure I can find something to do to keep me busy. The repairman finally made it out to figure out why the dryer keeps shutting off (it's less than 2 years old!), and he discovered a critter had gotten into the vent and made a nest in the ductwork. There was a 5 foot long blockage! It's a good thing the dryer had that "over-heat" sensor, or there could have been a fire. Richard is going to install a cage over the outside venting ASAP, and this is a reminder to all of you to check your dryer vents regularly.

Monica and Carley are coming out to spend the weekend later this afternoon, since SIL is up visiting Caitlyn in ME. It should be a fun weekend!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:28 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Lori & me

Cottage - one more place to worry about mice! We've been having a mouse circus this week (or so the cats think). Just one mouse but Luna thinks it's the best toy we ever got her. I'm going to put the traps out tonight and relocate it.

Just another day here. I'll be at the office for the morning then drive my friend home, do some grocery shopping, and work at home the rest of the day. Looks like I'll be using the laptop without all my stuff until the end of next week when my tech guy is back on his feet. We are hoping it's just the power supply.

The microwave says breakfast is done. Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, congratulations to Julie on the new job! That's such good news! Enjoy your breakfast. I'm going to have my breakfast with the girls.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!

Lori & Me4 - Have a great Friday!

Cyndi - Congrat's on DP's new job! That's awesome!

Cottage - we get mice through the dryer vent too....then they invaded the house. My cats were THRILLED. I however, was not so happy. (One jumped out of DD's drawer as I went to get clothes for her)

Me - I go to work at 2, so off til then! I love lazy mornings!
Old 01-09-2009, 07:05 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks. Was not around yesterday we had a snow day and it was busy busy then as I was cleaning the stove and ended up getting a 220 volt shock... not good let me tell you. Eating has been OP since I have started back the scales are not reflecting any loss yet but I should know better than to get on them after only 4 days OP. Well gotta to dash need to get the wee ones off to the bus. I will try to pop back in if I get a moment of quiet time. Have a great day girls.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:06 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi to all the early Beachers and TGIF! It's the end of the first "normal" week of 2009 and I feel like my interior GPS has me on track.

Lazy morning here as I don't need to go anywhere. That's a good thing since it's -16 ºF here. I loaded the woodstove last night so the back room and kitchen are cozy and warm.

Not a darn thing on the calendar this morning except to make appointments for bloodwork, mammogram and Jazz's snip. I'm considering getting them all on the same day but that may be pushing it. The Church Bulletins are written and printed so I may actually get some non-quilting sewing done! I love days like this!

I hope your day is cozy and warm in many ways.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Finally, Friday, indeed! I"m definitely ready for the weekend.

Hi, Lori and me4life! I hope you both have a great day!

Cottage: Thanks for reminding me about the dryer vent. I meant to do that last week and forgot. I had all the appliances pulled out to clean under them, too. Oh well. I hope you have a great day and don't have a problem finding something to keep you busy!

Cyndi: Congrats to Julie on the new job! Keep us posted on how she likes it. Enjoy your day!

Twynn: Enjoy your lazy morning!

LC: A 220V shock?! That's pretty scary. I hope you're fully recovered now. You're doing great staying OP and I'm sure the scale will reflect that soon.

Ruth: Yeah, -16 is a little cold to be out and about! Stay warm and enjoy your lazy morning.

Me: The scale is moving and I like it! Last night's workout was tough (heavy bag plus walking/sprinting), but I was glad I got through it when I saw this morning's weight. DH is thoroughly proud. I'd better watch it or he's going to get a big head!

Not much going on for me today. Just work and getting a jump start on the weekend cleaning and laundry.

I hope everyone has a great Friday! The weekend's almost here!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

My cat is so old and fat, when we have a mouse, she just points at it and says, "Hey, People, there's a mouse." She's very handy.

I have a challenge today. I'm having lunch with a good friend at an Italian restaurant. Surely, they have an excellent salad I can have, or fish and veggies. My montra for the day: No Bread, No Pasta!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Lori, Me4life, Chelby29, TwynnB- hope you'll have a great day

Cottage- I will have to check my dryer ducts now, it has been a few months since repairman was her to fix.

Cyndi- Congratulations on DP getting a new job- hopes she likes.

LittleChick- sorry to hear that you got shocked it is quite the experience isn't it.

Ruth- brrrr -16, do not miss those days- we do not get many of those here. I complain when it is around 20 degrees lol.

Kim- You are doing fantastic, you should be so proud of yourself.

Me I have been doing the supercharged workout and I am feeling a difference in my body, not the scale yet, but I did not return to a phase 1 just a clean phase 2 is it will take longer for the scale. Today not much on the agenda a weird work day. work in the morning off for 3 hours and then work in the afternoon. I have to make sure not to have overtime. But will make for a relaxing work day since it is wfh. Tonight DH is taking some of our friends to rodeo- not my cup of tea. So I am taking DD1 to get a replacement wallet which was stolen. We got back her cell phone and class ring from the police who got the thieves but no purse or wallet. We are still happy.

Have a great day ladies
Old 01-09-2009, 09:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks - this promises to be another eventful day.
We had a mouse in here last week too. Fortunately the most recent addition to our cat family is young, energetic, and apparently a good mouser, so the poor thing didn't stand a chance. The other two cats are more like yours Chelby.

lc, I'm glad you are allright. That is a scary thing - is there a short in your stove? Are you going to have it checked?
Kim, I'm glad things are working for you with your DH's plan. We should all have a hunky personal trainer in the house!
Ruth, I envy your cozy day. I was trying to figure out the last time I had a day when I could take even a couple of hours to do some sewing or reading. I can't remember. This too shall pass, I know. And I know you have earned your peace and quiet. Anyway, enjoy it for the both of us and stay warm.
Twynn, yikes, I would have had a heart attack! I hate to see those things even from a distance. I hate it when DH is away and I am the one that has to get rid of them.
Cyndi, congrats on Julie's job!
cottage, I'd better check the weather - wonder if we are supposed to get any of that snow.
Hope the test goes well me4life. Isn't your DD pregnant?
Have a great day Loriann!

DH is on a road trip to Mass, he should be back home around dinnertime. Kids are off to school. Things are quiet. I can actually see sunshine, except the wind is blowing something fierce. I hope to squeeze in a lot of laundry today in-between all the work. This weekend will be more work, and catching up on the cleaning, shopping, menu planning. With my trip this week, all that has gotten behind and this place is a pit, and the cupboard is practically bare.
Have a good one chicks!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #13  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Morning Ladies!

Lori & me-

Cyndi- We have squirrels in our attick right now and the cats just wish they could be allowed up there!!! We just put our christmas decorations up and the tried every sneaky way to get passed us and up there! Congrats on dp's new job!

Ruth- DANG that is COLD! Glad you have the wood stove fired up and are staying nice and warm!

little chic- thats so scary!~

twynn-enjoy your lazy morning... I got called in late, have to go at 10 but thats still better than 8!

Kim- enjoy your friday, love when I can get all the "chores" done before the weekend and have nothing to do but relax!

Chelby- sending some your way!

As for me, I am just finishing my spinach and egg breakfast. called into work late so don't go till 10... was planning to go to the gym this morning but guess I will have to go after work... maybe on my lunch break or something I can walk so I won't have to go after Got called off work yesterday completely so I spent the afternoon painting my kitchen- it looks great! I painted it a sagey green- before it was more of a seafoam green(an accident)... then my pipe came out of place under the sink while the dishwasher was running so I did a little plumbing as well! LOL.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:24 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Rikki- Watch out, we had a squirrel chew a hole through our attic door last winter. We eventually relocated it when it tried to get through the hole again. They have sharp teeth! It's good to see you.

Schmoodle & Chelby - Our younger cat was separated from her mother at a very young age so has no idea that she should do anything but play with the mouse. She actually caught it by the tail the other day and was absolutely panicked when it squeaked and moved. Apparently if their mother doesn't teach them the death grip they never learn it. We had another cat who loved to hunt but never could kill anything. Makes living in the country an adventure!

Kim -

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and congratulations. Apparently I am celebrating by getting a new Christmas present. We spent very little this year because we didn't know what would happen this year. Today Amazon has an amazing sale on an exercise bike and it is heading to my house! I am soooo excited. I've missed my bike since it got cold. Now I have to get the front room reorganized. It's looking more and more like a gym!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:33 AM   #15  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning, girls.

DH put together our new glider last night - it was sure nice to use it over the night. He's in court this morning, but it should recess at noon and then we're going shopping with my mom.

I bought a new pair of boots yesterday and I can't wait to wear them today. I took my dark denim pencil skirt out of "pre-pregnancy" storage and it fit well. Now, I just need to find a cute shirt to wear.

time to feed the baby again...
Closed Thread