South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-04-2009, 12:48 AM   #1  

Default Cold Canadian starting SBD for round 2!

Hey all Beach Chicks!

I’m a 27 year old, living alone in chilly Canada. I had a VERY successful run on SBD 3 years ago (50 lbs lost at the best point, within approximately 8 months). I was amazingly lucky to generally maintain that weight loss for 2+ years without sticking OP, mostly because my lifestyle was SO completely OFF-plan before the introduction of SBD.

Now, I’ve re-gained around half of the lost weight, which has frightened me back into the SB lifestyle. I’m not looking for 100% Dr. A perfection, but just the re-introduction of a healthier lifestyle. I mainly lurked here during my first run, but this time I think I will benefit greatly from the accountability that can be gained from these forums!

I think my main challenges this time around will be 1) alcohol consumption (although I have become very talented at making diet/low sugar mixes!), and 2) the fact that I am living alone, working full time, and generally just have no one in the household to help with my accountability! Which is where the forum comes in…

I gained a great understanding of the fundamentals from reading Dr. A’s books 3 years ago, and although I don’t have the “Supercharged” version, the remainder of my information I have already picked up from these forums. My intention is to restart the Plan on Monday in P1, and see how it goes. I would love to be able to perform the full-on detox period, but if I can nix these cravings before those 2 weeks, I’d be more than happy to be back into a strict P2 lifestyle again! I would love to see a loss of 20-30lbs before Summer really lands on us again!

Looking forward to getting to know the Fat Chicks on the Beach.

Cheers!
cgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:30 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It's great to see another Canadian, especially one from Ottawa, my home town. I'm in the Rideau Lakes so we can freeze together.

Good luck in reaching your goal weight but rely on skill and planning instead of luck. There's lots of support on this Forum.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

cgirl21! I look forward to getting to know you!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:55 AM   #4  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

Welcome to a fellow Canadian! I live in the maritimes but was born in Toronto. Good luck with phase 1. I just finished one week and I feel great. This is my third time on phase one.

Much luck to you!
ozziesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #5  

Height: 5'3"

Welcome from me too...a former Torontonian now living west of Lake Ontario.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 212/172.4/150

Height: 5'9"

Welcome! I totally agree with using this site for accountability! I'm home alone (with my 2 yr.old) a lot, and there's no one here to tell me, "Don't EAT THAT!!" Its nice to have a forum like this to confess your slip-ups, and congratulate your accomplishments (aka toot your own horn! )
baristamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #7  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

Hello, fellow Canadian here! Looking forward to getting to know you better (and complaining about the cold together!- I don't miss Ontario weather)
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #8  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome to the SB forum. Glad you're back on the beach!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:16 AM   #9  

Thanks for all the welcomes! Looking forward to chatting with you all!
cgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote