South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 07:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend Chick Chat

Good morning Chickies!

I'm enjoying my wake-up cup of coffee before we head out for our usual Saturday morning running around. My granddaughter is coming over this afternoon to help bake cookies, and I want to make sure I have all the supplies on hand. I normally bake about 14 different kinds of cookies and several kinds of candies and sweet breads for holiday trays I give out, but I'm really cutting back this year.
Yesterday, Maggie and I had a delightful time at the mall, where I finished my shopping. There was an orchestra from a local school putting on a concert, so we stopped to enjoy that for while, and Maggie was excited to see Santa Claus, but she would only wave at him, she didn't want to talk to him. I found fantastic sales, it seems the closer it gets to Christmas, the better the sales!
Tomorrow will be spent wrapping. Then we'll be all set.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:04 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chat - December 13 and 14

Darn cold out there this morning at -8ºF or so the dogs tell me. They rushed in really fast and probably wanted hot kibble Did anyone see the moon last night? It was a biggie and really lit up the yard. My old pine tree is ice-covered and looked gorgeous!

I still haven't resolved the tree stand problem and may just not bother with it. It'd only be up for a week anyhow as I leave for my trip on the 22nd and will be gone until the 30th which would be nearly time to take it down. I do have other Christmassy stuff around so won't be a complete Grinch. I'm hoping to get the outside garlands up tomorrow when the temp is supposed to go into the forties! Crazy weather!

A neighbour is having a party tonight and I'm planning to go. It's walking distance which is good as I refuse to drive at night this time of the year. There are too many folks out there who don't understand the designated driver concept!

The sun has decided to get up and the southeast is lemony yellow. Time to start the day, Chickies!
EVERYBODY UP!
Old 12-13-2008, 07:08 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, you beat me to it while I was messing around with tags! I just may start my own Christmas goodies this afternoon and will think of you and your GD when I do it. Enjoy the day!
Old 12-13-2008, 07:17 AM   #4  
Determined to lose!

Good Morning Cottage and Ruth! Baking sounds fun, but I'll be too busy today. I need to run the car through the wash and vacuum it, get the dogs for a nice long walk as they really haven't had much of one all week, clean house then pamper myself in a nice warm salt bath before the party tonight. Last night we had a Pedicure party. I didn't do my toes, but I did do a manicure. I had them put on a set and I keep banging them on everything and boy, they sure do hurt! I had these a few years ago and once I got used to them they weren't so bad. But after the party I went to the mall for a necklace and earrings to wear with the dress and had more compliments on my nails than ever! I am not used to pampering myself like this and feel weird!

I may be able to wear this dress to the passover sedar this coming year, if I find the right shawl to put over it! I sure hope I didn't gain any since trying the dress on, as it was snug when I first tried it on., we'll see today.

anyway... I hope to check in today to do daily's before the party.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:19 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks Let me say yet again how much I like electricity (and internet!). Yesterday was a very long day and it's good to be back to normal around here. I was actually excited to do my dishes last night!

Cottage - I do miss all the baking some days. You may have motivated me to work on an acceptable, healthy gingerbread recipe I think having grandchildren will get me back to it a little and by then I should be better at resisting my creations. Have a wonderful day.

Ruth - I always feel like a wimp complaining about the cold here when I read your posts. I have to admit that two years ago when DD stopped coming here for Christmas (we meet at my parents house) I stopped decorating. We have a tiny little 4 rm apartment and it was a lot of work that just didn't seem worth it. Now I do outside stuff for they birds instead and the clean it up I was noticing the same thing about the temps. I find it extra hard to get used to the cold when it bounces around but I do love the days I can get outside to walk. Enjoy the party tonight

I'm in weekend chore mode as usual - a little cleaning, a little laundry, a little baking and some exercising. Maybe I'll get into my present stash and figure out where I am and start wrapping. I've been listening to the Patrick Stewart version of A Christmas Carol and burning balsam candles

ETA - Good morning Lori

Last edited by CyndiM; 12-13-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:24 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies,

Cottage- I am going to try to bake some goodies this afternoon for the neighbors as well DD2 will be helping she loves to help.

Ruth- I did not put up much this year only tree and stockings in the house as we are leaving on the 19th and will not be back until the 29th. but we did put up regular stuff outside and candles(battery operated w/timer) in all the windows as usual.

Lori- Sounds like you are all ready for the party tonight- have fun and enjoy pampering yourself this morning

Cyndi- I was like you last Friday forgot how much I use the internet to connect to the world now, glad youare back up.

As for me got up early because someone was coming to look at blazer still haven't sold it- DH said we would just use it as a trade in June when I am getting a newer vehicle (DD1 will be driving and she gets the one I am driving now) if it doesn't sale so I guess I am not too worried about.

Today I am going to go shopping to get one last present for gift exchange for work- getting stuff to make goodies and then just cleaning around the house and getting ready to leave next Friday.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:19 AM   #7  

Ruth - Brian and I saw that moon on the way home from picking him up from afterschool care. We had to drag the big telescope out and take a look. It was almost too bright to look at. Magnificent!

cottage - Have fun. I don't think we're going to do any Christmas cookie baking. Neither of us need the calories and Brian is old enough not to care.

Lori - Have a great time with the party.

Cyndi - Glad you got your power back. Sounds like a busy weekend planned.

Pearl - Gift exchanges can be fun. None for me this year.

If the day turns out to be as warm this afternoon as they predict (before the next cold front comes in), I've promised Brian we'll go to Six Flags Holiday in the Park. He loves the rollercoasters and this is probably the last chance we have to go before the season passes run out. We've got a bunch of errands to do first though so I better get moving.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:08 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

so why are we all whining about the weather. I just checked Calgary, Alta where my daughter lives and right now the temperature is -27.4F. now that is cold.
Cottage - sounds like a perfect afternoon baking with granddaughter.
Ruth and Loriann - have fun at your parties.
Cyndi - glad you are back with the power. I guess drying all your veggies is better than keeping them in the freezer.
Pearlrose - have fun being busy with Christmas stuff.
Barb - Rollercoasters are my nightmare. Have fun.
Me - will pick up some pecans for baking sandies and have to finish a project for a friend. Pork chops in the crockpot are a cooking.
Everyone drive safely in this mad weekend.
Sophie
Old 12-13-2008, 11:18 AM   #9  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning, girls,

We slept later than we've slept in a long time this morning. Almost 10! In fact, DH overslept his tee time. DS wasn't the natural alarm clock that he usually is.

Off to get some laundry switched around and then we're going to take DS to see Santa at the mall....it's going to be packed. I think we'll also bring him to Barnes and Noble to play with the trains since he's been good this week and we haven't been in awhile. Also have to deliver some stuff that I gave away on Freecycle - it was a man and I didn't want him coming to the house. Paranoid? maybe.

Stay warm, girls!!
Old 12-13-2008, 01:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good afternoon, everyone!

Cottage: Congrats on finding great sales yesterday! We did our shopping so early this year that nothing was really on sale. Oh well. Enjoy your baking day!

Ruth: Goodness, that's cold! The moon was gorgeous last night! DH and I took some time to stand outside and gaze at it. Then he reminded me that halftime was almost over and the Spurs game wasn't going to wait for us. Lovely. Enjoy your baking day! Keep those furbabies (and yourself) warm!

Lori: I'm glad you pampered yourself! We all need it from time to time. I need to take that advice. Enjoy your walk with the doggies and I hope you have a blast at your party!

Cyndi: I need to be as motivated as you today! I just feel like sitting in front of the computer all day, but I really need to get stuff done. Maybe Christmas music and candles would help? Enjoy your electricity! It is such a blessing when you really think about it!

Pearl: Good luck braving the shopping crowds! I hope your blazer sells, but at least ya'll have a back-up plan. That's got to be a relief!

Barb: I hope you and Brian make it out to Six Flags! I remember going to Six Flags in San Antonio over the holidays and it was always lovely. IMO, it's the best time to go; not as crowded and SO festive! Enjoy!

Sophie: Wow, your DD definitely has us all beat! Hope you're having a lovely Saturday!

Zeffryn: Glad to read that your OB appt. went well yesterday. Every time I read about ya'll going to B&N to play with the trains and check out the books, it warms my heart! I don't think it's paranoid at all to deliver the Freecycle stuff. I have DH go with me on first-time Avon deliveries even if it's a woman that ordered. Enjoy your day!

Me: Things are going well here. We slept in until 9:30 this morning, so it was a lazy start to the day for us. We've run all our errands and now I just have some laundry, a bit of cleaning and packing to do. I'm feeling pretty good about leaving tomorrow, so that's a big relief. I really need this course by the end of the year, so it has to be done. Better to do it with a good attitude than be bitter about it, right?

I'm feeling more like myself every day; I'm even blogging again! That was a HUGE relief to my mom. She got really concerned by my lack of blogging. I find that hilarious!

Well, off to get stuff done. I probably won't stop in until late tomorrow or Monday evening, so I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

~Kim
Old 12-13-2008, 02:38 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hi Kim - glad to hear you're feeling better

Sophie - I wasn't as worried about the fridge food as the whole house was reaching fridge temps

Pearl - We get so cranky when our internet is down. We even bring laptops camping now because lots of campgrounds have wireless. I'm not always sure that's a good thing but I love being in touch. I really rely on my check-ins here these days too.

Zeff & Barb

I got the morning shopping done and found some great bargains so I'm glad I dragged myself out. I picked up collards for $.25 a bunch. I guess no one knew what to do with them. Between that and 100% cranberry juice for $1.69 I almost feel like I won the lottery. Speaking of - found some stevia/erythritol blend sweetener. has anyone tried it?

I've got chili on, applesauce ready to process, and groceries all put away. Now I'm going to enjoy a cup of Sugar Cookie tea (smells a lot like sugar cookies!). It is lovely out. Ice is really tough to deal with but it does make everything look magical once the sun hits.

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-23-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:10 PM   #12  

Hey Everyone,
Its been a long long time since I have posted here. But I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I lost my brother and my father back in April, Dad to cancer and brother to suicide both on the same day- fortunately for me instead of going down a horrible spiral I became pregnant a month later. I am expecting a baby girl at the end of February And I also wanted to let you know that I have modified the SB diet a bit *more on phase 3 and I have only gained roughly 20 pounds. I am still working out everyday but would also love the support of this forum. So I am back-
<3
-C
Old 12-13-2008, 04:09 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Angelshine welcome back, sorry to hear about the deaths in your family but nice to hear you have a blessing coming in February.

Cyndi, your picture reminded me of last ice storm we had last year trees were just beautiful. We are expecting ice storm to come through tomorrow night into monday so we shall see.

I got my gift for exchange- it was straight into JCPenny's at the mall and straight back out and then to the grocery store around the corner. I was back home in 2 hours which is a record for me considering it takes 20 minutes to get there. We have the cookies baking and have Christmas music on so we are set.

Have a good evening.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks,
Here it is 6:23 and I have no idea what's for dinner. I mentioned to the family that I might not be in the mood to cook, but so far nobody else seems to be motivated to take initiative. Well, there's always scrambled eggs in a pinch.
I've had motivation problems all day. Maybe because I need to get to the creamery and can't drink my coffee without milk. I woke up before 6AM and fired up the laptop in bed thinking I'd surf for a while then hit the grocery store early. Next thing I knew I was waking up again and it was 10AM. Good thing DH noticed and moved the laptop to safety. I did get to the grocery store but can't get motivated for any big projects and there's so much to do! I guess we'll get the tree tomorrow, and I thought about pulling out presents to wrap, but... nah.
I might mix up some cookie batters. You chicks that have your baking days early like this, how do you keep the cookies from going stale before Christmas? I usually wait until the weekend before.
I have to come up with a Christmas craft for DD's Girl Scout party on Thursday, maybe I'll make that my project for the evening. That and planning menus for the week. And maybe a glass of wine (or two). Wish I had a good movie to watch. Unfortunately there are lots of kids around tonight (ours and extras) because what I am really in the mood for is some more grownup time.
Whatever you do, have a nice evening chicks!
Old 12-13-2008, 08:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Schmoodle, by Christmas all the cookies are gone, so I don't have to worry about them going stale. We made 7 different kinds today, and they'd be gone by tonight if I didn't yell at everyone to stay out of them.
Tomorrow I have to make biscotti and pizzelles. Every year I declare this is the last time I'm doing all this baking, and this year I mean it.
Closed Thread