South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 06:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday's Daily Chick-Chat

We've made it to the hump! Now just to get over it. I'm dressed in my workout clothes and sitting here with my coffee, waiting for Curves to open. I figure if I put on my gym clothes, that will motivate me to get over there.

Today we may meet some friends for lunch and a playdate before picking up Audrey in time for gymnastics. We may drag their little tree down from the attic and set it up in the playroom, but I told Maggie we can't decorate it until Audrey is home to help. Poor Audrey misses out on a lot since she's in school all day, but she's a good sport about it. I promised her a day of cookie baking as soon as she has a day off school.

I'd better go blow dry my hair before I run out the door!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:10 AM   #2  
Determined to lose!

Default Humpday Huddle!

Good Morning all..

Jane, hope today goes better, and hope the car is truly totaled, as cars are not the same after repairs!

Me.... Four day accident free. DS was here yesterday letting the dogs out every two hours or more... and Cody came to him at one point whinning... telling Joe he needed to go out! I'm Psyched! He's becoming a great puppy!

I've been so exhausted at night, I hit the couch at 8 and was out, slept till 11 and went to bed, woke up at 6... unheard of! Yet I feel more exhausted than ever this morning... anyone know why?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 12-03-2008, 07:01 AM   #3  

Morning chicks!

Cottage Hope that you made it to Curves. What a great way to start your day.

Loriann Not too sure on the exhaustion.... are you stressed? Change in diet or exercise??

Jen- I was reading posts from yesterday. Was it you who was frustrated with the scale the other day. Girl- if you have lost 31 inches doing what you are doing, I would be throwing that stinking scale out the window!!! On a Body for Life website that I post on, there is a gal who has maintained the same weight for 6 months, but her body looks COMPLETELY different because of weight training.

Been up for way too long- Megan woke up bawling at 4:00 clutching her ear. We were out of Tylenol, so I had to run over to the store. Poor kid. She is blissfully sleeping right now. Looks like I will stay home today to take her to the peditrician.

Another good day of exercise and eats for me. I am down 4 pounds- I know a lot of that is water weight, but I was also eating like crap for days on end, so my body is flushing it out.

Gonna try a new Cooking Light recipe- Lentil and Edamame Stew. It sounds good, cheap, and easy!
Old 12-03-2008, 07:14 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

[Good, cheap and easy - sounds like a girl I once knew! Sorry!]

Good morning, darlings!

Sorry you are so tired, Lori. You have been through a lot the past year. Kiko, I hope Megan isn't so sick that you can't enjoy time at home. Cottage, you and the girls are really getting into Christmas. Enjoy the day.

I am sneaking wee Jazz into the Clinic today so the clients can see Disney's new friend. We'll go early rather than the usual time of noon as I have a luncheon to day with the quilting group. It'll be mid-afternoon before I get out of there so my afternoon will be shot. Can you tell I'm not enthused? At least, I'll be able to select my food rather than have it laid on as it is at most Church suppers. I am determined to drop the November weight gain and get on track for losing again.

The puppy is not at my feet - time to find out what he's up to! He's doing well but is still a puppy.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, just a quick hello, before I dig into the day. I had two kids home sick yesterday. Today they are both going although they are complaining - my head still hurts, my stomach... If they are still sick, they can call me.
DD has basketball practice tonight, otherwise, should be quiet around here - famous last words.
DH put up the outside lights yesterday. They looked really pretty for the five minutes they were on before the fuze blew in one of the strands. Much cursing ensued.
I ate only Phase I foods yesterday. That's the first day in a long time I can say that.

Loriann
, maybe you are still adjusting to your new routine.
I'll trade days with you Ruth, ick boring work.
Kiko, poor Megan, hope she feels better soon. DD1 used to get ear infections all the time. she ended up with the tubes.
Have a fun day with the girls, cottage.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:51 AM   #6  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies! Happy Wednesday!

Cottage - Sounds like the girls are helping you to keep the spirit of the season going. Sounds like lots of fun!

Lori - Sorry to hear that you feel so tired. Be sure to get all the vitamin C you can get.

Kiko - Ear infections are not fun! Hope your DD is feeling better.

Ruth - I hope Jazz has a good time and is a good puppy at the clinic today!

Schmoodle - Good morning friend! Hope you're able to find the blown light. I'm sure it'll be fixed in no time!

ME - So I finally allowed myself a chance to stop by here. I miss you all!!! This week at work is crazy! We're being reviewed by the State to renew our accreditation and there just seems to be so much to do. I'm going to work early and leaving late. Fortunately, this is not the regular routine, so I can handle it for a week or two. However the change in routine is not helping with the weightloss. It hasn't been too bad....I think I'm only up 2 lbs., however, I'm not exercising and not staying completely true to the program. But I'm trying.
Have a great Wednesday, ladies.....hopefully I"ll get here tomorrow as well!
BLESSINGS!
Old 12-03-2008, 08:52 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Jenny, I read your post from yesterday, and I'm willing to drive up if you want to get a few of your friends/family together for facials and we can do a Skin Care Class! You in the burbs or city?

Good morning to everyone else! I'm always in such a hurry. Got my hair cut/styled last night so I have to learn how to do it. Down 3 lbs too! Hot dog!

Lisa
Old 12-03-2008, 08:58 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Cottage, I do the gym clothes thing, too. Most of the time it works. Hope it's one of those times for you!

Glad things are going so well with the dogs, Loriann! Our Angel has wet her kennel most nights for the last 8-9 months. We started letting her go to bed with us (I know...it started by accident) and she hasn't ever wet our bed. She still wets the kennel when she's in it...I need to contact a behavioral vet sometime soon, but it's way too busy right now.

Hey, Kiko! It's been awhile since I've "seen" you! I totally agree with your experience:
Quote:
On a Body for Life website that I post on, there is a gal who has maintained the same weight for 6 months, but her body looks COMPLETELY different because of weight training.
One of our mods reached her goal weight and was something like a size 8 or 6 at that point. After a year or two of consistent strength training, she was the exact same weight, but she was a size 2. Ya gotta love that! : Let me know how the Cooking Light recipe goes; I love CL!

Love your new ticker, Ruth! Glad everyone will get to meet Jazz. I hear you on things that take up your afternoon, especially at this time of year! Still, they often turn out to be really worth the time. Hope this will be one of those kind.

Schmoodle, my mom would only let us stay home if we had a fever. I thought she was awful when I was a kid, but now I'm really glad she instilled that in me. So sorry about the fuse in the lights. Did you have another to put in? We just bought new LED lights for our Christmas tree and while they are much shorter strands (60 bulbs instead of 100), you can link 42 strands (literally!) together safely. No fuse blowing there!

Lisa and hmac! Simulposting!

Me:
Wow, I'm exhausted! But I know why--I didn't get to bed until 2:00 last night. Part of it was because DH stayed up late working on a presentation for work so I kind of wanted to keep him company (and seem to have a pathological inability to go to bed before he does...). I worked on making dough for two kinds of refrigerator cookies (which I'll bake tonight), did some more Christmas cards, did most of the pile of dishes in the sink, and finished revising/printing our Christmas letter, which is now ready to go. We're working somewhat backwards--I'm doing the cards and putting them in the envelopes so DH can still fit the letters in. I'm leaving them unsealed; DH is going to copy and fold the letters by Friday and insert them in the cards to mail then. Teamwork!

There's an eating disorder conference this Friday organized by the nutrition clinic I attend. They're also showing the movie America the Beautiful tomorrow night as part of the conference. Has anyone seen it? I'm hoping to go to that and also to go to the morning part of the conference. Should be interesting--I've never been, though my therapist usually encourages me to go, and I'm wondering how much of it is helpful for compulsive overeaters like me. Seems like it would be much more focused on anorexia/bullemia. We'll see!

Last edited by beachgal; 12-03-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Another quick pop in. Finally had a clean day of eating yesterday! Now to just string them together!

Another busy day at work. I am having such a hard time getting motivated these days, can't quite put my finger on why. Maybe it has to do with my horrible eating lately and the fact that my yoga has completly gone out the window since moving. I will get back to yoga tomorrow morning, you all are my witnesses! Hold me to that!

Speaking of moving, the landlord was over lastnight and is finally going to get the new flooring down in the bathroom and kitchen that he was supposed to do before we moved. Figures I just get everything in place and decorated for Christmas and now we are going to be tearing it up this weekend.

Alright enough procrastinating, time to get to work! Have a great day ladies!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:05 AM   #10  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning, girls.

Another rather depressing day for me.

I got a call at about 11 last night saying that both my cousin's babies had passed. They were identical twin boys.

After the news, I needed to squeeze my DS so I pulled him out of bed to sleep with us for awhile - only to realize that his face was burning up. He had successfully beaten whatever he got from his cousins last week, but apparently is having round two. Poor baby. He's sleeping late this morning and I hope that a full days rest will do him good. I know he's going to balk about not getting to go outside

We'll hopefully be picking up DH's car today, it was supposed to be done yesterday but when we called there was no answer. I wasn't about to drive 45 minutes just to check.

My throat feels scratchy - off to take some vitamins and get some breakfast.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:09 AM   #11  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning! I had no problems getting on the site this morning - I am sooo happy.

I was reading some of your post about the inches thing and i have only lost 22lbs and at last check (auagust) 21 inches and I wear a 14 and bought a pair of 12's the other day - it's all about the inches.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:44 AM   #12  

I'm working from home today. I've got a garage door company coming to do a tuneup this afternoon which will hopefully correct why the door doesn't always open without us having to lift it. It's happening about half the time now which is really getting to be a pain.

And I'm leaving in a few minute for a walk-in appt at the doctor's. I hurt my wrist about a week and a half ago (I think it was something I did on the Wii Fit) and it isn't getting better. I have really resisted going since my deductable isn't paid and I know she will say something about me gaining weight this year.

I got offered a position as Vice Chair of Program for our Scouting District last night. It's a huge honor to be asked but it is also a huge job so I had to decline. I told Kimberly that I might be able to in a couple of years but right now it wouldn't be fair to Brian.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:45 AM   #13  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Zeff
Old 12-03-2008, 11:26 AM   #14  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Zeff... so sorry to hear about the twins.

Sounds like a lot of you have sick kids! Keeping my fingers crossed thay mine can get through the next few weeks of school. When they get sick, Mommy seems to get even sicker!! Last year at this time I had a KILLER cold that went on for months! I have Airborne in the cabinets, I'm ready!

Thanks for the comments on the inches. I am happy with my inches results. The reason I took measurments when I started was because I told myself, it is about working out, eating right and getting healthy. Not the number on the scale. Yeah, so I forget that every morning when I step on the scale and I see the same darn number!! But I feel better. Everyone had started to notice and my clothes fit so much better. I have only lost 15 pounds, but DH seemed to think it "looks" like more. He has to say that! I have a waist now! Hourglass too! I'm going to keep doing what I am doing, but you'll still hear me complain about the darn scale from time to time! I haven't worked out in a week because of my foot, and darn it, I lost another pound! Why can't the two go together?!? I killed myself for the entire month and only pulled out a 1 for the entire 30 days!
Saw the doctor today for my foot. She gave me an insert for 2 weeks and an anti-inflammatory. I might need an insert for my shoe for the long haul. I guess I am flat footed in that foot only and running is just making it worse. Some new shoes, the insert, she said I can prevent it from getting worse. Sounded good to me. She said I have to take it easy for 2 days to get used to the insert. It is going to throw my balance off at first and the running isn't a wise move right now.

I hope you all have a better day today.
Off to find a prescription coupon before I get my drugs.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:02 PM   #15  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Jen - being flat footed can really be a hard thing, especially in runners. A friend of mine has fractured her foot probably one hundred times in the time that I've been running with her. She has special orthotic inserts and she has her stride and gait analyzed at a running store. I would highly recommend getting it done, it is usually free and they will show you the best shoes for how you move.

I learned the hard way that we can't just go with the best looking shoe. My shoes are neon orange and yellow...ugly.

-
DS looks like he got beat with a bat his face is so puffy. He woke up this morning around 9:30 and I gave him more tylenol. It kicked in about 10 and he was jumping off the walls. He's back sleeping now. Thankfully he actually wanted to eat applesauce today so I had a vehicle to carry all the extra vitamins that he had to take. It was purple because of the elderberry, which he thought was very cool! I usually give him garlic in ice cream because he loves ice cream oh so much and it disguises the flavor a bit more than applesauce.
Closed Thread