South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 05:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default It's Thursday Chat!

Everybody up! The coffee is ready and I'm lonely. I woke at 3:33 - magic number? - and couldn't get back to sleep so I beat Lori and Cottage and even Tara this morning.

Holly the breeder came for coffee yesterday and brought Jazz's brother for playtime. What a riot! They raced around the house and yard and were both exhausted when it was time to go home. Jazz slept most of the evening.

Donna comes to clean this morning and I may leave her in charge of the menagerie and go to town. My new camera is ready for pick-up and I need to get some puppy stuff - a collar and leash will be just the start. I plan to watch the $$$ because I'm in shock after getting an oil delivery yesterday. It's only November and I've spent over $1K on heating! Maybe I'll invest in long underwear instead of dog coats.

So....what's going on at your place this cold morning? It's really dark out there but the road and grass are white. I wonder what that's about?
Old 11-20-2008, 05:47 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I'm up but I'm not excited about it. I will gladly have a cup of that coffee though - thanks Ruth. I'm looking forward to your new camera and puppy pictures

It's very cold here this morning and I'm driving north. I have an all day meeting. On the plus side it will be such a long day that tomorrow will be a very short day. We are big on "balancing your time" so try not to put in extra long weeks except in unusual circumstances.

to all the still sleeping chicks
Old 11-20-2008, 05:49 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

That Monarch is looking pretty chilly, Cyndi. Want me to change it for you or are you vewy afwaid?
Old 11-20-2008, 06:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, all! I have you beat, Ruth, I have been up since just after midnight. I had an emotional and stressful day yesterday -- found out that the roof cannot be patched, it has to be completely redone, and because there are two layers of shingles that means everything has to come off and brand new stuff has to go on. Which is, of course, thousands of dollars at a time where we don't really have it.
I took a late nap yesterday and slept for longer than I anticipated so I have been up. I've cleaned, done the laundry, taken care of the animals, baked the taco bake (delicious!), even went to Walmart for a space heater and hair dye. Right now the dye is on my head and then I think I'll have some turkey sausage and eggs for breakfast.
I saw the most adorable cat/dog christmas outfits at Walmart. Of course my dog is too big for any of them and I think the cat would protest. Oh well. We may try it out anyway.
Hope everyone is having a good morning! It's COLD here!
Old 11-20-2008, 06:09 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
That Monarch is looking pretty chilly, Cyndi. Want me to change it for you or are you vewy afwaid?
I suppose now you want me to admit that it's almost the end of November and people are making holiday plans and I haven't even thought about shopping yet?! I just can't get enthusiastic about the cold this year. I'm trying to get excited about snow shoes but all I can think about is how cold it is!

ETA: Hope the day gets better Spooky. Of course now I'm thinking about someone actually trying to dress a cat in a cute outfit

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-20-2008 at 06:11 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:29 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Ruth, do you shave the pups in the summer? Maybe you should save the fur and paste it together for a nice warm robe for yourself for the winter! We spent a ton on oil last year in Korea but this year we're on city gas, so we have to wait for the end of the year to see what damage we've done.

Cyndi, enjoy your day and look forward to the balance due to you tomorrow!

Spooky, do you, by chance, live at the Jersey shore? I've never heard anyone from another state refer to their beach-front areas as "The Shore". My grandmother grew up in Cape May and we have a family soft spot for that area. Tom and I honeymooned there and my sister Jill was married there. I'm crossing my fingers for the roof repairs to turn out better than you fear!

And for me....I'm on the fast track to Doomland today. I just finished baking some cookies for a friend who came over to rescue us last night. The kids had left the interior light on in the Tahoe while Tom was gone and the battery literally completely drained. Luckily I usually drive the car so we had another mode of transportation, but Tom needed the truck to drive to work today and so he and I pushed it out of the driveway (which is right smack-dab next to the house and inaccessible for jumping) and promptly got the truck stuck in the middle of our very-skinny European-sized residential street. Oops. Anyway, I've had THREE cookies and I have GOT to get myself together and get this day back on track. I think I'll fix a nice salad for lunch and then drink a bunch of water!

It's nice to have the man home. I woke up in the middle of the night and heard him breathing and just smiled.

Have a good Thursday, all!

Kara
Old 11-20-2008, 06:30 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

You bet I do, Cyndi! That will get me thinking about it too. Sorry to pressure you.

Spooky, a new roof certainly costs a bundle. Really bad timing as well. You certainly have made a flying start to your day though.

Big at Kara who snuck in. You sound very glad to have your man home again. Sorry about the vehicle problems. Did cookies help?
Old 11-20-2008, 06:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I saw those adorable outfits at the Walmart, I thought they were doll clothes at first!

Cyndi - I was wondering when you were going to get around to changing out that butterfly, too. Then I thought maybe you were just trying to hang on to Fall. I'm already counting down the days until warmer weather, I don't like winter at all anymore. I hope the roads are dry for your drive north today!

Good morning, SPOOKY. You sure have gotten a lot accomplished so far today!

RUTH, thanks for keeping the coffee hot for me! Are you going to play that number today? We use propane for our fireplaces, and the bill hasn't been too bad so far, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of the season. Have fun with your new camera, what kind did you get?

I slept in a bit today, the bed was so snug and warm. It's hard to get out of it when I know it's so cold outside. But I should have a fairly easy day ahead, and should be home on time. I'm looking forward to watching Survivor tonight!

KARA, I'm glad your family is all snug together under one roof again. Try to stay out of the cookie jar!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-20-2008 at 06:36 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:37 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Cottage, I know very little about cameras but this one seemed a deal - half the usual price. It's a FujiFilm FinePix A700 7.3MP. I promise to thoroughly read the manual. By the way, I will not be one of those old ladies who dresses her dog in people clothes although I may spring for coats for the two of them - not matching!
Old 11-20-2008, 06:59 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
By the way, I will not be one of those old ladies who dresses her dog in people clothes although I may spring for coats for the two of them - not matching!
Well, I'm relieved to hear that! I think it makes animals look very demeaning and silly, poor things! I'm not good with cameras, either, so I got an Olympus FE-340, on my GD's advice. I can take the basic picture, but I'm waiting for her to show me how to play with the other features on it.

Hey! Caitlyn comes home tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 07:11 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Oh, Ruth -- I recently got a Fuji FinePix. I can't remember the numbers that follow but it's a 10MP. I love it. If you pick it up, really read the manual, there are lots of different settings you can use depending on what environment (or subject) you are attempting to photograph. I still don't know the ins and outs of mine but it takes really clear, crisp photos.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:37 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chicks,
I just saw the boys off, today is DH's day to go with DS to middle school. I had an IEP meeting scheduled this morning but the teacher called to cancel, so I will have a peaceful day working at home, I hope. DD is at work already, so that just leaves one more kid for me to push out the door.

I am trying to think of a fun treat for the weekend. Both kids got all As and Bs on their report cards. DD thinks a cell phone would be the perfect reward. I disagree.

Cyndi, hope your long day passes quickly. How is DP doing these days?
cottage, I know you are excited to see Kaitlyn. How is she liking the college life?

Give those cookies away quick Kara!

I am with Cyndi, let's not rush things here. I can not make myself think about winter yet.

spooky, I am sorry about the roof. I am dreading that day myself. Until then we just replace the slates as they blow off, one at a time. If we keep going then I figure in a new year it might be a new roof anyway.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:38 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Ruth, the new camera sounds fantabulous! Good luck getting to town.

Linda, we're leaving the house in twenty minutes and won't be back until dinner, so I should be safe from the Cookie Monster as long as I put them out of sight. Hopefully Tom finishes them before I get home!

Morning, Schmoodle! I'd have to agree with you about the phone not being a good reward, but I'm mean so you might not want to go with my opinion. Ask my kids, all of whom are upset with me right now. (Connor is redoing his homework, which he did in marker when he is only supposed to use pencil. Kadyn is refusing to eat her lunch of broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots with fake chicken, all of which she likes. Avery is stuck in her booster so she doesn't make a mess.) Maybe your kids want a little playmate as a reward? I could punch some holes in a box and just give them some bags of snacks for the trip...

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 11-20-2008 at 07:41 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:06 AM   #14  

SCHMOODLE - Caitlyn is loving college life and everything about it! So much, in fact, that she's torn about coming home. She'll be home until sometime in January, so it's a nice, long break. I hope your day is peaceful and productive! Weekend treat? How about dinner and movie of their choice?

We had a new roof put on about 5 years ago, so hopefully won't have to worry about that for a long time!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:11 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Whew! Just realized it was garbage day - and I have stinky chicken bones - and also realized I had no more bag stickers. (We pay $2 per bag for pick-up.) Dashed out just as the "lad" was picking up across the way. I smiled and told him the situation and he said "No problem. Ill pick 'er up on the way back from the Lake." So off I dashed to the store to get tags, only to discover they are in the safe which is timelocked until 8:30. Came home and met the guy looking at my untagged bag. He was sweet enough to take it anyhow. I love the country!

Not sure if that was a good or a bad start to the morning but it sure got the adrenalin pumping!

I guess I should count my blessings that I have such pissy little problems to deal with compared to a new roof, fires in CA, job insecurity, etc.
Closed Thread