South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-13-2008, 02:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/158/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Slim fast and/or carnation breakfast allowed??

Hi Everyone!
Would the low carb slim fast drink be allowed on the SB on any of the phases?
Also, what about sugar-free carnation instant breakfast w/ fat-free milk?
I'm just wondering because I am always rushing in the morning and although I know I should eat breakfast, I never seem to have the time in the morning to cook anything. I know that a while back, I did drink the low carb slim fast on Atkins. Just want to see if it is allowed and also, would this be a good choice for breakfast ? I know in addition, we can have fat-free milk, but didn't know if we could mix the carnation instant break powder in with it.

If anyone could answer this that would be great!

In addition, could someone clarify how much milk we are allowed daily?
Also, if anyone has any quick, filling breakfast ideas-whether a protein shake, for ex., please share, it would be most helpful.
Thank You soooooo much!!
mickey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I don't know if it would be allowed *technically* but you're not going to get the veggies that you need with just that as a breakfast. I don't have time to cook in the morning either and I make those breakfast egg/spinach/veggie cups on Sunday and nuke them when I get to work and eat with a V-8.
rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:38 PM   #3  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

2 c. dairy daily allowed.

Yes, you can do the sugar free carnation instant breakfast stuff- but it doesn't fill you up.

Your best bet would probably be a sugar free whey protien shake with some fiber supplements, if you're stuck on making a liquid breakfast.

The quiche cups are easy, tasty, and reheat well. Also- leftovers from the night before are a tasty breakfast.

And once you get to P2- I like the Kashi Go Lean cereal, or some quinoa.
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:36 PM   #4  

I sometimes use a protein shake for first thing in the mornings as I feel like I am a bit shaky with low blood sugar and just can't muster food in the mornings. I just make sure that I get a good amount of vege for my morning tea food and for lunch to compensate for the lack of vege
Marianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mickey, both the the Slimfast Lo Carb and the Carnation Instant Sugar-Free Breakfast have so many added chemicals and preservatives that it's scary! I know it's tempting to grab something fast and easy on hectic mornings, but check out the sticky in our FAQ section for some great breakfast on-the-go ideas. There are also a couple of protein shake recipes in our Phase 1 recipes that you might be interested in trying.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:25 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I usually leave my house right before 5 a.m., so I know mornings can be really hectic. But if you just have a liquid breakfast you are really setting yourself up for a lousy day. I've NEVER been a breakfast eater and didn't realize how really important it is till I changed the way I eat completely. It will set you up for a better day both physically and mentally. At least grab or pack a couple of hard boiled eggs and some cut up veggies for phase one. You can pack it the night before and either eat at home or take it on the road with you. Or eat leftovers from the night before.

When you hit phase 2, my favorite quicky breakfast is a turkey and spinach sandwich on ezekial bread...or a whole grain flat bread. Just takes minutes and so much better for you than a glass full of chemicals and empty calories. I stuff as much spinach as I possibly can in those babies and the difference in how I feel all day long is amazing. Since I teach, I don't have a break at all till lunch...so no snacks for me in the morning. That sandwich keeps me happy all day till lunch.

I never have been able to eat first thing in the morning. I have to wait a couple of hours after I get up to eat or it makes me nauseated. So that sandwich is perfect to pack and I eat it when I first get to work before the day really begins there.

Last edited by femmecreole; 10-14-2008 at 06:40 AM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:09 AM   #7  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

I agree that the shakes aren't really good for you.. Lots of time when I am running behind in the morning I grab a few nuts and a stick of cheese... I am lacking my veggies there but that fills me up till I can get my big salad for lunch! Also, I will sometimes in p2 make a ww breakfast burrito and take it on the go~!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/158/130

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone for your tips....you've all been extremely helpful!
Have a great Day!
mickey13 is offline   Reply With Quote