What's for dinner 9/15- 9/21

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Tonight was leftover chicken stew...I need to get to the grocery store....we have nothing left! I have just enough to make tuna salad for lunches tomorrow.

Hopefully tomorrow night my back will be feeling better and I can make the trek. I need too many specialized things to send DH.
  • tomorrow will def be leftoever soup I made, I figured the soup I made can'e be that bad. I made it with v8(big can) 1 can veg-all about 2c frozen green beans, about 1/2c fresh corn(frozen from garden) and about 3/4 pkg veggie crumbles. calories have to be low, and i figure the carb count isn't that high right? ok for p2? Help me chicas~!
  • Rikki - it's just veggies. It's fine for P2. If you haven't had a grain or fruit earlier in the day, try having one with dinner....maybe adding brown rice to the soup (it is harder to judge how much you are getting though - but you can just plop a serving in the bowl and then add soup) or a ww roll or something. Makes it a bit more filling.

er, wait. It has corn....you may want to avoid that if you can....especially with your big day coming up. It has a pretty high GI. Most of enjoy it on occasion (very infrequently) and then just avoid other high GI foods in subsequent days. You could probably eat it, and then avoid fruit or grains the next day. Make sense?
  • yeah i have been trhinking about it- will let you know how it goes!
  • I made Taco Bake last night. It was delicious. Tonight, cabbage rolls made beach style. I make DH potatoes to go with his meal. I'll have stewed tomatoes. Love all the fresh vegtables from the garden.
  • I asked the DS what he wanted for supper (he has a poor appetite, so I'm trying to bribe!!), he wants.....

salad, mac n cheese (I'll just make with WW pasta and have just a bit) and hot dogs (it'll be turkey kielbska instead!).
  • tonight is broccoli & cheese smothered chicken over cauliflower with a side of green beans
  • We're doing Red Snapper Packets (maybe on the grill depending on how hot it is this evening) w/ sauteed spinach and a green salad
  • Baked chicken and a salad here...how boring is that???
  • Veggie-beef stew. I am in the mood for cool weather food. But nothing tastes right since I've had this cold.
  • Stew sounds o good!
    Lentil soup and salad here
  • OK....change in plan. DH wants Asian so we're having pork and veggie stirfry w/ brown rice
  • baking some chicken with a sauce of lemon and cream of asparagus soup with asparagus spears. its usually pretty good!
  • Chili with lean ground beef, lots of beans.
  • cleaning out the fridge! Leftover chicken "tenders" - breaded and baked chicken breasts cut into strips, leftover leftover chicken stew, sweet potato fries and salad from lunch today.