South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 10:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 346.6/325.0/200

Height: 5'07"

Angry Does anyone have trouble with saboteuers?

Hello to all of my fellow beachers and others who share in this quest to become healthy and thinner. I have just realized that over the years, whenever I am on a diet and doing well, there is a certain person who always manages to lure me over to the dark side. I am not that strong yet that I can completely resist the temptation so I have made several bad choices over this past week. I am supposed to be on phase II of south beach but I ate two peanut butter cups and some potato chips this week. I was doing fine until she invited us out to her house for dinner three times over the last two weeks and I was doing fine until the barbecue on Laborl day. Hopefully since I have identified this pattern, I will be able to stop it from happening. I think that I am going to go back to phase I for two weeks to get myself re-motivated. HELP!!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:56 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Is she deliberately trying to sabotage you or are you just giving in to the temptations at her house? There will always be temptations, but deliberately trying to set you up and undermine your weight loss is definitely not nice! I don't think I'd want to spend time with someone who would do that to me. I try to plan for temptations and take food stuff with me so I can substitute for the bad stuff. That plus the obvious positive reinforcement of seeing the weight loss keeps me on track. Kudos to you for planning to get right back with the program and good luck!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:58 PM   #3  
Nice Pants

S/C/G: 224/202/199

Height: 5' 10.4239"

My diets are always immensely helped out by the fact that my cupboard is repeatedly stocked with seventeen different Family Sized bags of potato chips and the freezer loaded with at least eight different varieties of Blue Bell ice cream.

One must be strong in my house. :-/
Old 09-14-2008, 12:11 AM   #4  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

It is very difficult to stay on plan around others that are not dieting. I know when it is a birthday at work, no one is tempting me... except the cake and my own mind! It is very difficult to bypass food. No on the other hand I have been in situations where people are PUSHING food on me, knowing that I am trying to lose weight. It really sucks though, but in the end it is my choice. As for having chips and ice cream in the house, I could never do that. It would be setting myself up for failure, and my family too.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:05 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Yep, it's hard when junk is all around you.
Perhaps you just need to tell the friend "I would love to come over to eat, but since I've changed the way I eat due to HEALTH reasons, why don't you let me bring the salad for everyone?" Then you just eat the salad (or whatever you bring)

I have a group I hang around with and the 3 couples are always having dinner parties. Since I only cook SB stuff and they have all loved what I cooked, both couples have also started with SB to some extent.
Closed Thread