South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 06:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Happenings On the Beach

Good morning! The week is almost over already, can you believe it? I'm looking forward to the weekend for some much needed R & R. I'm supposed to watch little Tyler on Saturday, but that may change because of the weather forecast.
Last night's Chinese wasn't too bad. I had baked salmon and steamed shrimp w/vegetables, but I did succumb to two of those heavenly donuts. Today I'm right back on the wagon, though, and I'm not going to worry about it.
Another hot day is looming ahead of us, seems summer is making one last big bang. The girl's garden is pretty much finished, but we still have tons of tomatoes, and I'm going to try my hand at drying them in the dehydrator this weekend. I hope they turn out, I love sun-dried tomatoes.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:24 AM   #2  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

morning Cottage... i'm glad it's thursday!

off to work for me.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:24 AM   #3  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi Cottage,

Enjoy your tomatoes! I love those sundried tomatoes, too.

Nothing new here. Same as yesterday.

Have a good day, beachers!
Old 09-04-2008, 06:37 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Cottage - I love drying tomatoes - they are so yummy. I dry some of them with a sprinkle of garlic powder and oregano. The house smells like pizza

Nessa & Belle

It's going to be hot here today and tomorrow too. What a weird summer! I'm working at home today so will be doing data entry all morning. It's so much easier to get that done at home without interruptions. Then I've got to get the food preservation workshop together for next Tuesday. I'm looking forward to a mid-day break to pick more peaches and get a massage. The massages are the only thing that keep my cranky neck disk in line, just wish insurance would pay for it.

Have a good day
Old 09-04-2008, 07:14 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning!

Good luck with the dehydrator, Cottage. PM me if you need info as I'll be here all day.

Cyndi, my current batch of drying tomatoes has garlic and dried basil and my house does smell like Dominos! Now I want pizza for breakfast but will settle for Laughing Cow and tomatoes on ww toast.

Ladybug and Belle, enjoy your day, whatever you have to do. It's a nice short week!

Sleeping in continues - made it to 6:30 this morning. I sure hope this continues for those dark November mornings. There's no need to be up three hours before the sun in winter.

I wish I could hand y'all tomatoes through the monitors! I am nearly caught up with the ones in the house but just know there are more out there. I've been avoiding the garden for three days, afraid to be attacked.

Today is supposed to be Donna Day but she had a bad fall on the weekend and has one arm in a sling and the other wrist in a brace, poor lady! I guess I'll have to see if I still can run the vacuum and use the mop. On the other hand, I have no planned company this weekend so ..... maybe I'll just pretend I live in a crack house.

Stay cool if you have hot weather. This is summer's last kick at the can.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:27 AM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

why is it that short weeks seem so much longer.

i should report gals, that i had my first WW weigh in last night and after a week of eating beachy food in the proper amounts on weight watchers I lost 4.8 pounds....
Old 09-04-2008, 07:42 AM   #7  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
why is it that short weeks seem so much longer.

i should report gals, that i had my first WW weigh in last night and after a week of eating beachy food in the proper amounts on weight watchers I lost 4.8 pounds....

That's great!
Old 09-04-2008, 07:44 AM   #8  

Height: 5'11

Good morning ladies!!! Nothing new or exciting from me. On the agenda for today is going to the Hanna Andersson store to get some jammies for the kids and working with my son on his Bible verse for flag football (a church league). It's a long, very hard to remember, verse for me I cannot imagine a 7 year old mastering it. They sure expect a lot out of him. What happened to learning simple things like Jesus loves me!?!?! Anyway, I guess that's my vent for the day lol
Old 09-04-2008, 07:53 AM   #9  
Determined to lose!

Good morning all. Cottage good luck with the tomatos.

Ruth, I'll take some tomatos. I go through a lot!

Nessa, CONGRATS! hhmm, where'd I put that point counter?

When Brent was over he told me he had twelve tickets to fantasy Island (which he works at) that needed to be used. My sis and her family will take five, I'm not sure about going myself as I'm still having sharp pains every now and again!!! But my sis is uncomfortable with calling Brent for them because she doesn't know brent as well as I do. After mom died we had lost contact with the Georges. But when I became a Christian I got in contact with them and have been friends since. You see, Brents dad would come over when we were kids and engage us in songs and tell us Bible Stories. To this day he says out of the nine of us I was the LAST one he expected to become a Christian. hhmmm, strange, since ALL four sisters quit school, pregnant at 17, and defied mom every step of the way. And my four brothers all had records and other than John I was the only one to graduate high school. Hmmm, perhaps it was because his younger daughter used to spit in my face and lets just say that didn't set well with me?????

Anyway, gonna attempt to walk Jade this morning before the heat comes! She's going stir crazy as am I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Good Morning Everyone!

Today shall be interesting and unusual. I seem to have woken up to a swollen bottom lip on the left side of my mouth. I do not know if it's from a bite or an allergic reaction because I had taken Tylenol PM last night and the night before and it has Diphenhydramine HCI in it and I'm not sure if I'm allergic to that though if it's the same as antihistamine I shouldn't have had a reaction. I dunno if I should take some Benadryl or not.

Aside from that, supposed to go to my sister's tonight, ehh..
Old 09-04-2008, 08:29 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Did not want to get up this morning, but I am at work.

Have a good day
Old 09-04-2008, 08:49 AM   #12  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning! I can smell the weekend and can't wait til it gets here.

Cottage glad you had a good trip to chinese - those 2 "things" are in the past

Hiya Belle, Cyndi, Loriann & Pearl hope you all have a great day

Ruth sleeping in sounds great especially on a cold November morning. Hope Donna gets better real soon and as far as that vacum and mop go I would leave it in it's place

Nessa what a great weigh in

Autumn hope it takes no time for your son to learn the verse

Jelly take care of that lip situation and enjoy your time at your sisters

Nothin much here just glad Hanna won't be that big of a bother to us just hope she goes easy where ever she may land. Dh told me this morning at breakfast he wanted to take a nice evening walk after dinner which was a very nice surprise - I won't hold him to it as he may change his mind.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:01 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONNABE165 View Post
Good morning! I can smell the weekend and can't wait til it gets here.

Cottage glad you had a good trip to chinese - those 2 "things" are in the past

Hiya Belle, Cyndi, Loriann & Pearl hope you all have a great day

Ruth sleeping in sounds great especially on a cold November morning. Hope Donna gets better real soon and as far as that vacum and mop go I would leave it in it's place

Nessa what a great weigh in

Autumn hope it takes no time for your son to learn the verse

Jelly take care of that lip situation and enjoy your time at your sisters

Nothin much here just glad Hanna won't be that big of a bother to us just hope she goes easy where ever she may land. Dh told me this morning at breakfast he wanted to take a nice evening walk after dinner which was a very nice surprise - I won't hold him to it as he may change his mind.
I really don't know what to do about my lip, it was fine before I went to bed, and in just 3 hours it suddenly appeared.. ya, I felt and saw that I had a swollen lip and now I can't get back to sleep.. I think I will try the Benadryl, helped when I got swollen eyelids and flushed cheeks in the past.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:15 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning Chicks! It's a rainy one here. Not much time for personals as my computer isn't navigating well today, perhaps it needs coffee too!

Nessa Great job on the loss, you rock!

After a great month in August, looks like this month is going to be a struggle. Nothing but nightmares on my desk right now. Guess I better get to it as hanging out here isn't going to accomplish much.

Have a great day ladies (and Matt wherever you might be)!

Last edited by Pacergal29; 09-04-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #15  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wow, lots of chirpin' on our beach! Guess we have a lot of early birds...

No personals today...had a student waiting for me this morning when I got in.

Not much to share...DH has an impromptu work dinner tonight, so I'm on my own. I'll make dinner, perhaps do a little work in the garden (our raspberry canes need to be propped up before they kill off my basil and mint), and, hopefully, stay away from the computer so I can get to cleaning out my crafty room. I need to tunnel through the mess so I can actually try some scrapbooking!

Hope everyone has a beachy day.
Closed Thread