South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 12:45 PM   #1  

Default Change "Cheating" to "Treating" (Quick-Read Article)

Hi again! Here's another Daily Dish from the South Beach Diet website. I got this yesterday in my inbox but I didn't see it until today. Hope this helps someone today!

Change "Cheating" to "Treating"

When people are trying to shed a few pounds, it's all too common for them to obsess over their momentary lapses — their so-called cheats. But worrying about cheating only encourages feelings of guilt and failure, two powerful negative emotions that can compromise weight-loss efforts. Instead of thinking about these occasional indulgences as "cheating," consider them "treating." In fact, the South Beach Diet is a lifestyle that allows for occasional treats. The South Beach Diet isn't about deprivation; it's about enjoying delicious meals and snacks — even sweets like dark chocolate — from time to time. The unique three-Phase structure of the program is designed to help you cope with — and overcome — cravings. Once you've adopted the principles of the program, it's okay to treat yourself to an occasional indulgence. That's what makes the South Beach Diet a lifestyle — and what makes it so easy to follow.

As Dr. Agatston says, "Once you're used to eating the South Beach Diet way, you can have a varied and satisfying meal plan. A rare treat should not affect weight loss or prompt cravings." When it comes to treating yourself, Marie Almon, M.S., R.D., nutrition director of the South Beach Diet, has this helpful advice: "Enjoy three bites of your indulgence. Generally, that's enough to satisfy you."
Old 08-12-2008, 02:27 PM   #2  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good sound advice. Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-14-2008, 12:41 AM   #3  

No problem!

Glad this could help someone!
Closed Thread