South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 06:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday On The Beach

It's Monday already. I swear the weekends go by faster than weekdays!

Today is little Maggie's birthday, she's 5 years old today! She had a big birthday bash with all her family and cousins while they were on vacation, so we're keeping things low-key today. I'm going to take her to her favorite toy store after lunch to let her choose her present from me, and she's very excited about that. And I think we're all going to go see "Wall-E" later this afternoon.

I have a week full of birthdays this week. My niece (and goddaughter) turns 18 on Thursday, and baby Tyler celebrates his first birthday on Friday!
Old 07-21-2008, 06:42 AM   #2  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Mornin ladies!!

Cottage -- wow..that is a week full of birthdays!! Should be fun with the little ones and exciting for the 18 yr old! Have fun with it!

I agree...the weekend days go by all to quickly for me!!! My mom's birthday was Saturday and my sister and I suprised her with a totem pole we got back from Alaska without her having a clue about it!! The expression on her face was priceless!!!
Today is starting week 3 for me starting over with SBD. So far I've done great and will weighin today for my total loss for Ph1. Also I did lots of cooking for the week last night, and it was all ph1 things, so I will likely add some fresh blueberries today.

Have a good one ladies!!!

Forgot to add in a "cheat that I did yesterday" I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE almond joys....well..since that's a HUGE no-no....I tried to compromise. I took some plain non-fat yogurt, added splenda and coconut extract, then found sugar free hershey's syrup and added a smidge...and WOW...it was actually pretty close!! And it satisfied my craving!! YAY!

Last edited by mandyleigh; 07-21-2008 at 06:45 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:49 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Birthday to wee Maggie. What a great age that is!

I woke during the night to a great crash from the kitchen. Then I remembered I'd left the broiler pan on the edge of the counter. The temptation was too much for Hershey! It sure was nice and clean when I got down this morning. It's soaking in the sink with cleanser and bleach right now.

Tons to do this week so I may not be around as much. The Pypers arrive this afternoon with two teens and Bailey the Portie so life will be pretty chaotic but fun for the next week. I did get some pre-cooking done for their visit and for feeding the Board members at the Fair, and persuaded friend John to not have the post funeral lunch at his house tomorrow morning. It'll be at the Legion with the ladies catering! Whew!

Disney graduated from her first obedience training yesterday - certificate and all with a group picture. No mortar boards. I have registered her for the next level so we'll be back at it next Sunday for another six weeks. She's come a long way since May 25 and I'm very pleased.

So... time for breakfast and to rub the pork loin with salt and garlic dry marinade. I also need to squish things around in my fridge as I know the Pypers will bring food. Some times I really could use an extra fridge.

Hope your Monday is great. If you get bored, some here. Lots will be happening and I'll find a job for you.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:52 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Mandyleigh. You gave her a totem pole? How on earth did you get it from Alaska to LA? Your cheat sounds perfectly legal to me. By the way, I never call them cheats but refer to them as deviations.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:03 AM   #5  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning,

Cottage: Happy Birthday to Maggie and all the others. Enjoy your day!

Mandy: Your almond joy sounds good!

Ruth: Sounds like you have a full day and week. One of these days I may take my dog to obedience classes. I try to train her at home as much as possible. So far, so good.

Well, I start Phase II today. I lost 6 pounds on Phase I. Today I'll have oatmeal for breakfast and blueberries with my yogurt for tonight's dessert. That's all I will introduce this week. Yesterday started out as a sugar craving day, but all is well today.

I'll have coffee with a friend this morning, and then return home to catch up on paperwork.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:12 AM   #6  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Guess I should've clarified....it was a statue...only about 24-36'' high...haha...i suppose a real totem pole would be difficult to carry on the plane....geez knows what they'd charge for that! haha
Old 07-21-2008, 07:19 AM   #7  
Determined to lose!

Hi all, no time for personals for me, I have that second interview today! This one the pay isn't that great, but starts out with four,t hats right, four weeks vacation!!!!! 11 holidays, 7 personal days... I was thinking "do you folks work?" hahahhhahah
Old 07-21-2008, 07:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

I'm enjoying my omelette with fresh basil (never tried it..YUM!!!), getting ready to wake up the kiddos.

Five!?!? What a great age!!

The totem pole sounds pretty cool! What a great idea....my mom would love that!!

Congrats Disney!!

Me - off to work. Whoopee. I don't feel like working out today (it was an emotionally draining day with my 5 year old yesterday.....), but I know I need to! Then off to do groceries, etc. Wow, what a life!!

HOpe everyone's day is good!!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:40 AM   #9  

Mandyleigh, I'm glad you clarified that! I was trying to figure out how on earth you managed to get that totem pole back! That was a great idea for your Almond Joy, too! If there's a will, there's a way!

Ruth, please give Disney a congratulatory hug from me for graduating! And Hershey deserves a hug, too, for helping to wash dishes! I know that's a huge relief that John is having the funeral catered, your going to be busy enough this week!

Bel Mer, congratulations!!!!!

Loriann, good luck!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:42 AM   #10  

Good morning, Twynne! I hope it turns out to be a great day at work for you!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:50 AM   #11  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

A quick wave and good morning! My Mother In Law is visiting and I'm kind of pressed for time this morning. But wishing everyone a wonderful day!!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:03 AM   #12  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i woke up thinking it was sunday

happy birthday Maggie

good luck Loriann

hi all
it's hot
i'm at work
my husband is a jerk today i wish i was single

that is all.

Last edited by ladybugnessa; 07-21-2008 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:33 AM   #13  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Mandy...on the almond joy thing. I made some "truffles" a couple of weeks ago that may work for you for that almond joy craving.

Take about a cup or so of oatmeal and whir it up in your food processor, then add some almonds and whir up again till it's fine. Then add a little bag of prunes and whir again, then add sweetener, then either that chocolate syrup or some cocoa powder, then a little vanilla and coconut extract...then roll em up in balls and keep in the fridge. Prunes are pretty "sweet" so maybe one a day or so? They kind of taste like a cross between fudge and a stuffed date.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-21-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

UGH! Usually I hate to see the weekend end but after all the in-law drama this weekend I am glad to be back at work! With all the drama and add in TOM my eating is horrible. Back to it! Speaking of TOM has anyone heard from Kara? Hope all is well with her family.

Another hot one today, supposed to start storming soon and then the "cold front" will move through tonight bumping the temp down a few degrees and hopefully take some the of the humidity with it.

Have a great day chick, bbl!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning girls. Just a quick fly-by again. Grandma is still ok but having a lot of pain now, so that part's not good. I guess she was really upset when all the out of town relatives left yesterday.

I have to go get my blood taken again so they know my new blood pressure meds are ok. Otherwise, just a long day at work. I'm exhausted even though I've had 4 days off. Lots of grandma and travel stuff so my brain is fried even though I actually got a good night's sleep last night. Just waiting for the tea to kick in.

Hope you all have a great day.

Lisa
Closed Thread